Climbable tree for cats

Guest KittenOnACloud

Guest KittenOnACloud

Today I was building a lot and this came to mind after I placed my downloaded tree/scratching post for cats.

I don't know how making CC works, but would this theoretically be possible if the cat used it's climbing animation from the tall cat post, on a tree of the right shape? This would be an absolutely awesome feature to have in the game.

And yeah... it's my bday in September  it's my hubby's birthday in 3 weeks... (hint hint) :405831::ROLF: 

:CrossFingers:

I kid of course. Thank you for reading.  :) 

• Members

I have wanted this for ages. The closest I've found is this, but it doesn't really look like a tree in game.

http://classic.modthesims.info/download.php?t=207485

I even tried making an invisible cat condo and putting it in a tree, but I couldn't get it positioned right to allow the cat to actually use it and look like it was climbing the tree rather than climbing through the tree lol.

If only the tree from the console game was convertible, but afaik it isn't (I've looked for it).

Guest KittenOnACloud

Indeed it's a real shame. I was thinking a tree house type thing could work, with wood planks for platforms attached to the trunk. Like this.

74fd553c6b78831efb4fb1fe5618c72b.jpg

You could have a tree house at the top or leave it with just the platforms. That'd possibly be the most realistic looking option I think.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, I still have nothing for a climbable tree for cats, but ...

I found the TS 3 cat shelves and asked someone who does TS 3 to 2 conversions if they would convert them. And they did!

http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/post/112550530902/pepe-le-3to2-conversion-s-and-a-few-other

post-13176-0-66123100-1425371799_thumb.p

The animations are weird, because they used the cat condo as a base and they can't jump from shelf to shelf, but it is fully functional!