Mini Golf Anyone?

Ein85

• Members

So I am trying to wrack my little brain for some fun ideas for my vacation spot. I thought well what about a mini golf course. I know there is the excuputter, but I don't know if that could work or not. Anyways, any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thank you all, and have an awesome day!

Sounds like a good idea. If you make a mini golf course using the execuputter you will need an autonomous mod if want Sims other than the active party to use it.

I have a lot in my Island hood that I have the execuputter, it also features a restaurant, bar and game area.

• Members

I agree, it sounds like a great idea. :noddingSmiley: What if you had several (possibly invisible) Execuputters, that

could be used autonomously? Then you could arrange them to form sort of a golf course for your Sims.

(I don't know of any invisible, autonomous Execuputters, but it's something I could make if you'd like. Well, once I'm finished with this other request I'm working on, anyway. :smiley:)

I'll have to check my DL folder, I have an autonomous mod for the execuputter, I've had it so long and can't remember who did it - off the top of my head I think it was Ancient Highway.

However, if I am correct it sounds as if you are offering to make the object to be used autonomously without an additional mod that needs to be added which is a wonderful idea. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ein, now that the toddler TV is finished, I'm all set to get started on this. :grin: Just a couple of questions first:

Would you like it to still look like the Execuputter, but have an invisible (and sun-shadow-less) recolour, our would you like it to be simpler, like a rug or maybe just a plane?

And do you want it to keep building Charisma skill, or would you like it to build Body instead? (Or something else entirely, I can have it build Cooking skill if you want. I'm not sure how much sense that would make, though. :cheesy:)

Frac, thanks, that's good to know. I'm going to do a little more than just recolour it, though. :smiley:

• Members

Yay

I'd like it to look like the execuputter with the recolor. and I'd kinda like it to build body if at all possible,I never really understood why it build charisma in the first place (lol cooking wouldn't make much sense either, though I'd love for it to have an option for the sims to catch fire, simply because seeing a sim golf and then spontaneously catch fire would be kind of amusing. :) )

Guest KittenOnACloud

You are so kind Nix for taking on these (what I would deem) massively complicated tasks.

You are very much worthy of the title of Rebecah's Understudy.  :angel:  :ExcitedSmiley: 

• Members

I know, and I'm happy you're doing more than just recolors. I just thought I'd mention that invisible already exists. No need to reinvent the wheel and what not. I'm actually pretty into the idea you've got going Nix. Seriously, why didn't EAxis come up with some of thus stuff themselves? A little mesh changing and what not and things go to so much higher levels.

That and fond memories of Putt Putt Golf mean I want to impose it on my sims. You know, like any loving and just Sim Overlord.

• Members

Ein, body skill it is, then. Would you still like it to give Sports enthusiasm, or would you like something else there as well? And you'd like Sims to... catch fire. :o Sure, whatever floats your boat. :cheesy: I'll see what I can do. How bad would you like it to be? Would you like them just to burn for a little while and maybe have their motives decrease some, and then the fire goes out and they won't be any worse for wear? Or to burn and become singed, like when they've been electrocuted? (I'm just going to assume you don't want them to burn to death; to me, that seems a bit... out there for mini golf. :cheesy:)

Kitten, nah, I'm not worthy of so lofty a title; Rebecah's chorus girl, maybe, but never her understudy. Even on an off day, she's ten times the modder I am. I'm glad I can help a little, though!

Frac, oh, I agree about reinventing the wheel. :grin: And yeah, I think there are many, many things the community's made, that EAxis ought to have thought of themselves right from the start. :hmm: And of course you want your Sims to endure, I mean enjoy the same things you have! Why should we humans have all the pain fun? :cheesy:

• Administrators

Yay

I'd like it to look like the execuputter with the recolor. and I'd kinda like it to build body if at all possible,I never really understood why it build charisma in the first place (lol cooking wouldn't make much sense either, though I'd love for it to have an option for the sims to catch fire, simply because seeing a sim golf and then spontaneously catch fire would be kind of amusing. :) )

OK, that seriously cracked me up...playing golf and then suddenly bursting into flames...when this is finished, I am so going to try it and see if I can get a Sim to do that. :slapLaugh:

*worries I may be demented* :Whistle:

I would absolutely love an invisible, autonomous mini golf course. I have often thought of it, but never actually made a mini golf course. There are these right here:  http://modthesims.info/d/188476 but invisible ones that I (or somebody with real talent that way :D ) could decorate around to my hearts content, or just pretend they are each a separate hole at a golf course would be better. You are soooo uber talented that way! I can barely make a decent looking outfit in bodyshop. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi!

I am so sorry I have been out for so long! My only excuse is that grief takes a lot out of you. If you are still interested in making the Mini Golf course, I'd love to have it!

I would love for there to be an increase on sports enthusiasm as well. The slight singe would be great. And no, no death, that would make the game (mini-golf that is) not nearly so fun. I can't remember right off the top of my head, but with the excuputter there is still the chance of over heating and getting struck by lightening and all that, am I correct?

• Members

It's so good to see you again! :icon_hug: And don't worry, I know you've had a lot going on IRL.

Of course I'm still interested in making this. :noddingSmiley: And that's good, now I know where to go with the fire. And I actually can't remember about the Execuputter, either (re overheating and being struck by lightning), I'll have to look into that. I'll poke around for a bit and get back to you. :smiley:

I never had a Sim get struck by lightening playing with Execuputter nor does it overheat. Sims, however get overheated from being out in the sun too long. The only object that I know for sure that has the possibility of catching on fire is that train set thing found in the hobby miscellaneous section (I think that's were it is :grin: ).

• Members

You're right, LilSister; I looked at the code for the Execuputter, and there's nothing in it to make Sims get warm/overheat (like there is for exercise equipment), so if they do get heatstroke, it will indeed be because they've been broiling in the sun for too long.  :cheesy: It isn't set to be struck by lightning, either, but I can make it that way, if we want.  :Whistle:  And yeah, the train set is the only fire-catching object I can think of, too - except for stoves being used by inept cooks, of course. Until now, anyway. :grin:

• Members

Thanks! It must be struck by lightening...why if our sims are foolish enough to be outside playing mini golf while it is raining, lifting iron poles up in open fields or under trees, and by bodies of water if that is your preference, then I say it's the only way to teach them a lesson!  :grin:

The train set can catch on fire! So that I may...er...never accidently do this...how would one ignight their train set on fire...purely as preventative knowledge of course! :laugh1: 

• Members

I agree completely, our Sims need to learn that going for a swim in the pool when the rain is pouring and there's thunder and lightning is a Bad Idea, and if they have to learn it the hard way, then so be it. :grin:

I've actually only heard the train set can catch on fire, I've never had it happen myself - but then again I almost never use it. If I were to guess, I'd say it would probably be when Sims have been using it for a long period of time, or when it's been used often (most objects are set like that, so that the chance of them breaking increases every time they're used). But it's just a guess, I haven't actually checked. :smiley:

• Members

After having done tireless research (ok I googled it, but I was tired when I did it, so...it works) I found that supposedly when used on a residential lot there is a 2% chance the train set will catch fire. I have yet to test this theory in game.  :grin:

I've had it happen once - years ago. It was fully completed and one day after several sim hours of playing - fire! To my knowledge the train fires are something you can control.

I no longer have fires or lighting strikes in my game. A few years back I was horrified when one of my Sim children died in a fire. I also got tired of not being able to have a lot of trees on a lot because of the attractiveness of lightening to the trees and lightening rods weren't working.  Sims having to run for cover for fear of lightening strikes was just too much! I did find humor when a Sim decided to get into the hot tub during a storm - poor thing got toasted :grin:   I burned food but never set my mother's kitchen on fire when I was learning to cook ... lol!  I just got tired of the fires. However, for those who like the randomness of fires in game I believe studying fire safety helps.