Mission Mouse

A First for Me

I have never ever blown up anything in my microwave......until tonight. :o

The honey had hardened in it's container and I had made cornbread and wanted some to drizzle on it. So I got Michael to put the honey in the microwave and told him 2 minutes instead of the usual 20 seconds. Then we heard this weird bang, lo and behold the container of honey SPLODED! :ROLF:

Michael and I cleaned up the mess and I am still laughing about it. :ROLF:

That must have made a big mess. :smiley: I have never done that myself but my youngest son put a raw egg in it and that got really messy. He just wanted to see what would happen.

On 11/20/2018 at 7:35 PM, NeverForsaken said:

:hmm: Sounds like weird science experiments. 

You made me :slapLaugh: so loud, I woke up Jake. Things have been so busy here, been trying some new recipes and I am actually going to a party tomorrow with Dave. I have to make honey-garlic meatballs and I also want to make my tuna-macaroni salad and deviled eggs. Dave's friend Paul was in a horrible accident and for a few days it was touch and go. He's recovering but it's going to be a long process and the party is for him and his wife. When Dave had his accident with his bike, Paul came to his rescue. I kinda want to also make some lasagna for them to take home so one day when Sandy is not wanting to cook, they have a home-cooked meal.

MM, You sound like an awesome cook! (MM should stand for: M-M-Good!) 😋

That is such a nice thing for you to do, but it's too bad about your friend's circumstances. Thank the Lord he is recovering!

I'm just the opposite of busy here, and I love this time of year when I can be a hermit once again! We went to a restaurant today and I commented on the cranberry pineapple meatballs that I had; They were great! 

We didn't make it to the party. The dispatchers at Dave's work messed him all up. They knew about his party and then made him go on another run. He was so angry when he got home, he refused to do any runs between Christmas and New Year's. He's been home for nearly 1 week......:scare3:

I tried some new recipes and they were so good. Roasted honey glazed baby carrots, a deep dish apple pie and cut up seasoned potatoes. All of them are now added to our regular meal rotations. This Christmas I also made the turkey stuffing in the crock pot and it was awesome. Instead of stuffing the turkey with the usual bread stuffing, I put a cut up onion, 2 chopped up apples, some orange zest and salt and pepper, with some pats of butter. The turkey came out super moist and really tasty. I have to be honest though and tell you my gravy didn't ever thicken. Yeah, Christmas dinner and NO gravy......👎

I wasn't going to let my gravy go to waste, so I put it in the slow-cooker, added all the turkey bones, 2 cans of chicken broth and 1 cup of water and let that cook on low overnight. Took all the bones and globs of fat out in the morning and made turkey soup. I added a bag of mixed vegetables, and Dave added some pearl barley and we let that cook on high for 3 hours. Then Dave boiled some egg noodles and added them to the mixture. Apparently now this is the turkey soup that Dave wants from now on. I'm going to have to make two versions the next time because in place of the barley and noodles, I prefer wild rice.

Somewhere on the internet I found some cool ideas for pork chops too. We used to always have them with applesauce on the side, but next time we have them, I'm going to bake them on a bed of brown rice sprinkled with cinnamon and raisins.

We also replaced the applesauce on the side with apple butter. Wow, we loved that.

I've also been looking into getting an *Instapot*  I've done a lot of research and found some really tasty sounding recipes.

Wow, you really made me so hungry!  They all sound excellent! 

Does anyone here like a dessert called *Apple Crisp* ? Cool hack---add a box of jello butterscotch pudding mix, the kind that you cook, not instant. Add it to the dry ingredients.

Don't have a whole chicken but want to make chicken broth? Poach chicken breasts and add to the water any spices and chopped veggies and onions. Strain the liquid, mash the veggies to a liquid, strain mixture , and add to the strained liquid. Best ever chicken broth. It also makes an excellent base for chicken gravy. Since it's home made you control the amount of salt.

Want to give your egg salad a bit of zip---add a teaspoon of mustard, djon, honey, spicy-whatever kind you like.(Also works for deviled eggs) I add mustard to my tuna salad dressing too, but don't use dry mustard powder unless you like the burn.

My next recipe I'm trying is Orange Marmalade Chicken. It's baked in orange juice with orange marmalade on the top and sliced orange on top of the marmalade. Apparently you can also do this with a pork roast as long as you score the top of the roast and put the marmalade inside the scores.

Also I am going in for major dental surgery at some point, all my top teeth have to be removed because of recurring abscesses. Due to my intense fear of needles, I have to be put under and because of my sleep apnea it will have to be done in a hospital.

Dave has been gone for over a week now and we all are getting so lonely for him. I could tell by last night's phone call he is really missing Jake and I. He has a sheep-skin rug in his truck and he rolled it into a ball and snuggled up with it, pretending it was Jake. With me---it was the things he said and the wistful way he spoke that told me he was really missing me. Sometimes it still surprises me that after 25 years we still love and need each other as much as we do. I am very grateful for that and thank God for that every day.

Oh gosh, that is so sweet that you love each other so very much....sad that he has to be gone so long.  You are a very lucky lady my dear.  :)

Another first---- :oops:--- We have this kettle that has to be set on an electric base in order for it to boil. Tonight I filled the kettle but instead of setting it on the base, I set it on the counter, flicked the switch for it to boil and then went upstairs.

When I came back down, went into the kitchen to make my tea, couldn't figure out why the water was cold........  :ROLF:

I amuse my family so much....