Sign in to follow this  
Mission Mouse

Internet Problem

I am experiencing intermittent  internet connections and my uploads to SFS keep timing out. My internet provider is attempting to push a TV service on me, which I adamantly do not want. Here in Canada we are truly victims of internet monopolies between two companies. You either have one or the other, smaller companies just cam't supply the speed needed for downloading and uploading.

It's not just in Canada..We are in a monopoly here as well..and yep, can't get internet at all without their cable tv package either! :scare3:

That is kinda what is happening to me, I have a different Satellite TV provider than my internet provider. My Satellite provider is Shaw and it's actually located out west. It is also far superior to my internet provider, but Shaw can't find internet areas where I live that are not completely locked up by the 2 major internet providers. The reason they found a satellite provider is because they were able to purchase an independent satellite provider and purchase that company. I'm getting a wee bit snobby in my old age and I want to purchase stuff from Canadian companies that make their stuff in Canada and employ Canadians. I don't care what that employee is, religiously, colour of skin, or orientation, I just want them to be Canadian or at the very least be on an application to become Canadian. Shaw's call centre is located in Canada, so when I do call I am speaking to someone who basically has the electronic devices I have in my home. The other 2 companies outsourced their call centres to countries that the employees do not have the electronic devices we commonly take for granted in their homes. They are reading from scripts provided to them so if you have a problem they don;t have a script for, the call gets rerouted back to Canada. There is a trick to that though, all one has to do here is select the French language option and your call stays in Canada because the French employees have to also be able to speak English. Now I may be getting snobby, but I will not lie and say I am French. I know to some that may be weird but I do have scruples and a moral line I absolutely refuse to cross.

I did manage to find a time when the internet was working fine and I did get a lot of Sims4 stuff uploaded. :cheerleader: