Mission Mouse

More Jake Tales

On Sunday night I made a chicken-noodle casserole. Since it's difficult to get Michael to eat vegetables, I put peas in it. Apparently Jake does not like peas. He had his own bowl of chicken casserole and when he was finished he'd left the dish covered in peas. They were not squished in any way, still in perfect condition. All the sauce was licked off but not a single pea made its way to Jake's tummy.

It poured here today and Jake was so upset. He'd go to the patio door and when I opened it, he'd stick his nose out, a drop or two of rain would fall on his nose and he'd snort angrily and stalk back into the living room.😡  Later, after it stopped raining he went to the door again. I opened the door, he put one paw onto the mat, realized the mat was wet, snorted angrily at me and stomped back into the living room. I tried telling him it wasn't me who made it rain, all I got was him turning his head in the other direction so he could blatantly ignore me. Oh yeah? Well let's see who ignores who at 9:30pm when it's time for his denta bone treat.  :P

Jake is a tonic! :laugh1:  Snuggle him and love on him as much as you can! :)

My dog is :shocked: Every morning after he goes outside, if he pees, he gets a weiner as a treat. Lately Dave has been home every night because his work has him training new drivers. He doesn't like it very much and when he gets home his mood changes when he sees how excited Jake is to see him. The problem I am having is I never know if Jake has already gone outside and then gotten his treat because Dave leaves at weird times. Mostly when I am not awake. So it turns out Jake has been scamming me for a second weiner :ROLF: 

Yesterday morning I got scammed, wanna know how I know? He didn't gobble the weiner down like he does normally. Nope, my funny little scammer decided to traumatize his treat instead of hovering it. He dropped it by the patio door, on the mat and stared at it for a few seconds. Then the crazies struck, with NO warning at all. He grabbed that weiner and raced into the living room, jumped on the couch, then back onto the floor where he barked and barked at it. Then he did the zoomies all around the kitchen and living room. When he'd get to where the weiner was laying, he'd either bark at it or attack it. It's already dead, but he seemed to think he had to kill it. This went on for 20 minutes and when he was finally finished with all that nuttiness he was too tired to actually eat the weiner. He had a nap for a couple of hours and when he woke up he casually walked over and ate it. Me? I was :ROLF: It was terrific morning entertainment. It reminded me of the Road Runner and Wylie Coyote. It was the *Jake cartoons* time I think.

He also does this thing when he is getting snuggled, he dips his head and tucks it under my chin and lets out this lovely little sigh. He'll stay like that for a while and then he moves his head to rest on my shoulder and goes to sleep. It almost reduces me to tears of happiness when he does that. At bedtime he either lays on my pillow or gets under the covers as close to me as possible without getting inside my skin. Usually he is under my chin, on his back and he gets tummy scritches and falls asleep. When he does things like that, it is impossible not to fall in love with him, over and over.

I think your Jake is a wonderful dog and it makes me happy to read about the funny things he does.

On 10/12/2019 at 10:04 AM, Marbi said:

I think your Jake is a wonderful dog and it makes me happy to read about the funny things he does.

I agree! MM, you can create a cartoon about him :laugh1:

Tonight when he was laying in his bed, that is under my desk, he was dreaming. I can sort of handle the little yelps but when they get loud or he sounds scared, I have to reach under my desk, pick him up and comfort him. For the life of me I cannot figure out what could possibly give him bad dreams. It really bothers me when he has them. Then again, I cannot go with Jake and Dave to the vet's office. When Jake gets his shots and lets out that tiny squeak, I fall apart, seriously I 😭

What is absolutely adorable is the look he gets on his face when I talk to him. His eyes get big and he smiles and he leans into me while making sure he can still see my face. His teeny tail wags furiously when I smile at him which makes me laugh, and that makes him so happy.

He turned 10 this year and his eyes are getting a bit cloudy and he sometimes needs help to get up on the sofa and the bed. Outside in the backyard you would never know he is 10. He rips around the backyard at full speed. He dives into the grass and rolls around like crazy.

Tonight we had chicken and naturally Jake had his own bowl of chicken. He ate half of it and then decided that getting hand-fed by daddy was preferable to eating from his bowl. There is absolutely nothing spoiled about our Jake. :slapLaugh:

To think back when we first got him, this fluffy, tiny thing that had to be carried up and down the steps and insisted that he sleep ON my head.....to say he has enriched our lives beyond measure would be an understatement. To watch Dave with Jake is an incredible experience, the two of them love each other so much. My best friend Pauline, recently lost her dog, Frankie and it was very difficult to not wonder how much time we have left with Jake. Pauline is having a very rough time dealing with losing Frankie, much like I had when Bailey passed.

We mostly talk on Facebook and we cry together on it as well. She is planning on coming back here at some point to spread Frankie's ashes in the dog park he loved so well. That is going to be one difficult day.