Mission Mouse

Covid19 Virus

How is everyone? How has this virus affected you all? In my city the toilet paper is out of stock in almost every store. Usually on March 17 there is this huge street party at the university and while it hasn't yet been cancelled our Police Chief has asked everyone to just stay home. Yeah, that's not gonna work.

Also in my city we have some confirmed cases but they are all isolated and they traveled to unsafe areas. As for me personally, well I never leave the house unless I have a Doctor or dentist appointment and this gives me the best reason for not going to the dentist for a while. :cheerleader: Every cloud does have a silver lining. :ROLF:

Michigan has closed all K-12 schools and I believe the Universities have all gone to online classes until further notice.  Any type of group thing with over 250 people is suppose to be canceled too. Toilet paper is going for high prices...so I'm told.  I happen to have purchased extra last time I ordered some from Walmart.  I try to order things so that I don't have to go out as a normal thing.  Walmart has free shipping for orders of just $35, so for me that's a good deal, you can't get fresh/frozen foods through delivery so I use the grocery store in Lowell, they have a program that they deliver as long as I order $35 worth of products, so I do that about once a month, it is a subscription thing through the Shipt company, my first year only cost $50.  I hardly ever leave my apartment, I don't plan to go to any doctor appointments any time soon just to be on the save side.  

I am most concerned about my oldest grandson who has been stationed in Thailand and now being sent somewhere near Iran.  Our idiot president is determined to start a war with them and it makes me so angry. 

I hope an pray all of your families will be safe from this awful virus.  

Oh no! I hope your grandson stays safe.

I don't agree with the war either. 

We have been fighting something in the family for over two weeks now. The family is almost all the way better finally!  My daughter and grandson were hardest hit.  I pray everyone avoids this new virus as well as any other ones out there. 

In my county (about 250 000 inhabitans) we have 6 people that are infected and they all had been to the north of Italy. I think they are isolated in there homes. Me and my husband were shopping last week and then we bought extra of dry goods and stuff that can be stored for a long time without getting bad. We also bought extra potatoes and onions because we can store them in our basement. The freeze has been filled since before so I think we can do a long time if we have to isolate ourselves completely. The authorities have decided that a maximum of 500 persons may be gathered at events such as cinema or theater, etc. That really doesn't matter to us because we very rarely go on things like that.

I am sorry to hear about your grandson, Rebecah. I do hope he will be safe.

I am praying that everyone will be safe and that there will be an end to this virus soon.

This morning the first confirmed cases are announced in Windhoek, They are 2 Spaniards on visit here. The lodge they are staying in is under quarantine now. 

Beck, I pray that your grandson will be okay. And for all of us I pray the promise of Psalm 91:

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say[a] to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”

For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler
    and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his pinions,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
You will not fear the terror of the night,
    nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
    nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.

A thousand may fall at your side,
    ten thousand at your right hand,
    but it will not come near you.
You will only look with your eyes
    and see the recompense of the wicked.

Because you have made the Lord your dwelling place—
    the Most High, who is my refuge[b]
10 no evil shall be allowed to befall you,
    no plague come near your tent.

11 For he will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you in all your ways.
12 On their hands they will bear you up,
    lest you strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the adder;
    the young lion and the serpent you will trample underfoot.

14 “Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
    I will protect him, because he knows my name.
15 When he calls to me, I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble;
    I will rescue him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.”

Thanks so very much for the prayers for my grandson (Kevin)...I very much appreciate them.  He already had to go to Afghanistan which was difficult for the whole family.  Thank the lord he came back from there safely, and hopefully he will do the same from this tour.  

I'm so sorry your family has been ill Gina, but grateful they are all getting better now.

I pray all of you and your families stay safe during this pandemic.  From reading the pdf that Alet sent it really gave me a bit of a relief.  I'm still going to be extra careful.  :)  

4 hours ago, gayars said:

Good Psalm choice :)

I agree Gina!

22 hours ago, gayars said:

Good Psalm choice :)

I agree. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I saw on the news that this man was buying loads of toilet paper with the idea of selling it on E-Bay for huge profits. That is despicable, profiting from a pandemic. Our Prime Minister's wife has the virus and she says she is doing fine and will be getting back to business as usual soon. We have had some more reported cases in our city and in the general area.

My real concern right now is David. Canadian truckers are worried that the border between the US and Canada could be closed. Now I am wondering if all truck drivers will have to submit for the virus test. I actually think this is a good idea.

I also saw on the news that a man with a confirmed case was in self-isolation but then went out and attended a business function. Since then at least one of his co-workers has come down with the virus. The news didn't say much more but I am curious to know if that is something he can be fired for. Why did he go out and risk other co-workers health?

I am praying for everyone here and their families, including Kevin. Our nephew has been deployed to some far away places and has always come home safe and sound. Thanks be to God.

On 3/14/2020 at 7:44 PM, Rebecah said:

I'm still going to be extra careful.  :)  

Yes, that is the responsible thing to do!  Kevin is also in my prayers, Beck!

My kids even forbid me and the little ones to leave our yard :grin: and I understand why and appreciate their concern. But of course it's not totally possible

Karen, I'll keep David in my prayers too. I am glad your nephew is safe at home now! 

Gina, I pray that you and your whole family are much better now and will be well soon!

Here everything is still calm and quiet. Stores are extra vigilant and cleaning all through the day. Some even provide hand cleaners for each customer as the come into the store. All schools, colleges, etc are closed. All public events are postponed - even our Independence Celebrations. And lots more preventative measures are taken. Some borders are closed- especially those to South Africa. Also at the harbours  are taking appropriate precautionary measures.

Thank you all for your prayers! :hug_group0002:

I live in the province of Ontario in Canada and our Premier has just declared a State of Emergency for Ontario. I am 61 years old and as far as I know this has not happened in my lifetime.

All schools, daycare centres, and universities are closed. All bars and pubs are closed. Only restaurants that serve take out and delivery are allowed to be open. Churches may only have 50 people in attendance for services. All public events are cancelled that would have more than 50 people there. The libraries are all closed. 

Some guy is being investigated for selling hand sanitizer for $70.00 for a small bottle. If he actually sold any, he can be charged but I forget what the charges all were. Some days I think being stupid should cause a person pain, and this guy was really stupid.

There was this list of people who are at greater risk and I hit 5 of the  markers. Chronic health condition, high blood pressure, compromised immune system, diabetes and smoking. I don't think I'm gonna get a prize for scoring high.

Then there is this--we have a huge bottle of hand sanitizer which I bought weeks ago. We have lots and I mean lots of toilet paper because Michael uses so freaking much. We always keep our pantry fully stocked so there is no problem with dry goods.

The only problem I can see is fresh fruit and vegetables. We also have a Weston's Bakery here so I don't think getting bread will be an issue, but there are so many empty shelves in the grocery store.

ALET!! we bought some grapes from South Africa, I have never tasted such wonderful grapes before. We've already gone through 4 bags of them. I think they are called Green Globes and they are the best tasting green grapes in the world.

On the Jake end of this news flash......I had to open Dave's bedroom door because Jake slept through Dave leaving for work. He was at the bedroom door, scratching and then screaming. Seriously, Jake was actually screaming. Boy is he ever gonna give Dave a piece of his mind when Dave gets home.  :ROLF: He put his wee front paws up on Dave's mattress, rested his head on the mattress and just let out this huge sigh :29cw6j4_th.jpg:Almost made me cry!

Stay safe everyone and wash your hands a lot!  :Smiley10-1: for everyone.

Yes, South African grape are delicious. Apparently the borders aren't closed for food products. So maybe we will still get them here.

So far still calm and quiet here. Two confirmed cases and one suspected.No gatherings larger than 50  are allowed. So churches are closed on Sunday, but preachers put their sermons online and send the link to the members. If they do not have internet access the church will provide free of charge temporary internet.

Jake is precious !

Oh those sound so good.  I was just thinking about grapes this morning too and how good they would taste.  I was trying to think of fruit I could get to eat.  I am not getting the Meals on Wheels, just because I don't feel it is safe.  The delivery gal has to hand the meals to a lot of people and it's just too close of contact for me.  

Awww poor Jake.   

My computer took a dump this morning, not sure what the deal is but going to send it back for them to check it.  I noticed when I try to boot it up the CPU fan spins twice then quits.   I just got it on Fingerhut last October...it's not even close to being paid for.  So it's still under warranty, just gotta find a way to get the package to UPS.  I think I'm going to try to get them to pick it up, even if it costs me something as I just don't feel comfortable going to the UPS store in Lowell, which is also a large grocery store.  

Stephanie had a fever and just feels exhausted and has cold symptoms,  so she did some kind of virtual appointment then had to go yesterday to get a test.  She said they just put a swab up her nostril.  She had to stay in her car while they did the test.  She won't hear back on the results for 3 days.  So both her and her husband can not go to work, just to be safe.  The kids of course are home from school and I guess they are getting stir crazy.  

I haven't had any news from Kevin lately.  He usually posts thing on Instagram, but it's been awhile since the last post.  I'm sure they keep him very busy if they did actually move him so I'm trying to stay positive.

Stay safe everyone!

Dave is really, really grouchy. He can't stop for something to eat because the restaurants truckers use are closed. Any truck stop with bathroom/shower amenities is also closed. No one is at the office, they are all working from home. That makes getting in touch with them difficult at times. He told me he wants the same deal, to work from home. :thud: Ah yep, and I'd be carted off to the mental health ward if both he and Michael were here all day. :scare3: He was also told to practice *Social Distancing* and then they gave him a trainee, was he ever angry.

Me? I am having a blast. Yep Michael yaps all day and when Dave gets home he grouches to me about his day. I'm gonna make me a white flag and wave it around. Jake can play dead.....I can't. Michael went to the store for me yesterday and said it might as well close because most of the shelves are empty. The freezer section is just bare bones. no dry goods at all and the fresh fruit and vegetables are almost completely wiped out. He got the last box of tangerines and the last 4 plums. He managed to snag some cream for Dave.

Dave----*sigh* tried to be the boss of the house yesterday. :ROLF: He told me I was not allowed to go anywhere. Where am I gonna go? Everything is closed and I hate shopping. Just because I can, I stuck my nose out the patio doors, then turned around and told him I went outside. :slapLaugh: He has almost lost his sense of humour. He won't say, but he is really worried that this virus could eventually have him off work because he delivers liquid product to manufacturing companies and there has been talk of closing some down. I'm worried but can't let it show, that I am afraid he will get the virus since he is out and about all day.

Michael is obsessing over the possibility of his mother and I getting the virus and dying. He's so good at cheering me up! (sarcasm) Why does he always have to go for the worst possible scenario? Then he has to talk about it over and over. Finally I told him he was just making himself far too anxious over something that he has no control over. Then I told him, "Let go and let God."

The best that we can do is thoroughly wash our hands, don't touch our faces, practice that social distance thing (I have that one down pat!) and pray for one another and the rest of the world.

The only problem I might have is getting the virus, croaking and leaving behind all my unfinished Sims projects. Yep, in my crazy world, that would be a disaster! :insane: I have not lost my weird sense of humour, I cannot afford to be without it.

Our entire back yard is fenced in because our back yard faces a very busy stretch of road. It's a main road I suppose and the traffic on it is non-stop. In the last 4 hours I have seen 3 vehicles. There is pretty much no traffic on that street. Now that is something I never even thought about happening. It is actually kinda creepy. Probably the best description is eerie.

I am trying to keep busy making patterns but I can only do that for so long and then I need a break.

I watch some news occasionally but as hard as the reporters try to not panic the public, they have that effect anyway. My heart just breaks as they update countries death tolls. It's 101 yeas since the Spanish Flu epidemic which I find a wee bit frightening. I wonder if the way we have treated the environment has something to do with how many diseases are spreading.

I watched a video of this one truck driver who is furious with the way they are being treated while on the road. He is angry that they have to use porta-potties, that they can't get a hot meal and their trucks simply will not fit through drive through's. Then he blasted everyone who was posting thank yous to truckers for staying on the roads. He thinks these posters are simply paying lip service to make themselves feel better. It's not that I don't sympathize with him but this is the profession he chose and every profession has it's ups and downs. All of us are guilty of taking for-granted that everything is brought to stores we frequent by a trucker but that is the nature of the beast. What this virus has done is to the trucking industry is show us all how valuable these people are and I don't think he really understands that it has made people more conscious of that industry. Basically he wants special treatment because he drives a truck. He is in far less danger of getting the virus than those in the medical field or those working in places with elderly people and they don't get special treatment. All of the places the trucker said they no longer have access to are also closed to the public.

I watched this video with Dave and he was all like, "Yeah, you tell them buddy." Then when it was finished he asked me what I thought. At first he was angry with what I told him but as I kept explaining all the points that bothered me, he started nodding and then saying he hadn't thought of it in that way. A lot of people are going to be very offended by that video and I am one of those people. I understand his plight but he is not the only one dealing with the realities that this virus has changed. Everyone is facing challenges because of this and he simply disregards that.

Know what? I am craving oatmeal cookies right now. I want some to dip in my tea but am too lazy to go and make some. :slapLaugh:

That is really eerie.  I just can't help but wonder what people are going to do.  If they can't work and can't pay their bills...well I just can't help but wonder how many deaths that will cause.  It's like we are damned if we do and damned if we don't stay home.

Jez I never thought about truckers not being able to go through a drive through.  Businesses really should come up with an idea for them.  The truckers are crucial to getting things to our stores etc.  I understand both sides of the issue, but it would be nice if somehow they could be served at fast food places.

I ordered some groceries yesterday and they were delivered today, it usually only takes an hour or two to get them but they must be so busy or they lost some of their drivers.  I had to wait a day to get them.  Not a big deal to me, but I don't blame people for using the service.  The store was completely out of eggs and butter was only available in a few types.  Potatoes were very few listed as being in stock too.  It's just getting scary.  

My daughter Lisa heard from Kevin and he is doing ok.  Stephanie still has not got the results from her test, she says she is still having problems with shortness of breath.  

I hope you found the energy to make those cookies.  :)

No cookies got made. I just didn't have the energy. Jake was the only one busy in the house today. Trot, trot,trot, eh din't just walk around the house, he really did trot. I'm not even sure why he did all this trotting. I think he just had a goofy dog day. I did get quite a few patterns made in the sizes I was missing, but there are so many more. I looked out the front a few times today and never saw anyone outside.

I stayed away from watching the news today, I just didn't want to know more bad news.

I spent quite a while watching snippets of Mrs Brown's Boys. It's a British TV series and it's kinda funny. We are supposed to be getting some snow tonight, that will make Jake very happy and me very busy opening and closing the patio doors. Maybe tomorrow some cookies might get made.

Oh my goodness you are going through really hard times! My heart goes out to you! Sometimes it had some advantages to live in third world country 😀

But of course we are feeling the pressure of the virus too! Our stores (Mostly the grocery stores) are very busy delivering purchases to home bound clients, but my daughter said the selves are still full.  Other stores are quiet and worried - if people don't come in to buy, the can't survive.  My son is very concerned. He has a plumbing business. The building business is dead. So the construction companies has to let there workers go home. Only the really big companies can afford to let their people go with payment. Riaan can't do that.

Parents have a hard time keeping their kids busy! I read Steam doing fantastic business now. The sold a record amount of games since the virus scare started.

Personally we are not affected much. My son in law still works as usually and Elize and I are still home schooling the kids. The pharmacist (where I get my chronic meds) phoned me and said, not to go there, they will deliver my meds each month, and I just need to call him if I need something more. Wasn't that nice! I believe he did that for all his regular customers. Our preacher broadcast his sermon on the local radio station and most churches'  pastors used YouTube to reach their congregations with their sermons. 

All of you are always in my prayers!

Today the province ordered all non essential business to close. The list will be published tomorrow. Truthfully I don't know how this is affecting people because I haven't left the house for at least the last 4 months. Grocery stores and pharmacies are making special times for those at risk of getting the virus.

There are still people gathering in groups and not doing the social distance thing and our Prime Minister is quite angry with them. All the parks in our city are closed and if someone is stupid enough to go to one, they will be charged with trespassing.

For me personally none of this affects me because I do not go anywhere and I am used to being at home 24/7.

Jake is busy rolling around and snorting in his doggie bed. Obviously all this stuff going on isn't affecting him.

Yesterday Michigan Governor ordered all non essential business to close too.  

I'm used to being home 24/7 too, I usually don't go out more than twice a month.  

Didn't you get snow yesterday?  We did.  I figured Jake would be out enjoying the snow.  :)

Alet, thanks to right wing nuts the US is pretty much a third world country.  We have more homeless people than most countries and jail more per Capita than any other country.  There is no longer any welfare for most people, and food stamps are only for people that work, unless they have children,  some very disabled people and senior citizens who are living at poverty levels (like myself).  I only get $37 per month so it's not much.  Our businesses are allowed to poison us and our idiot president has striped all regulation that help save our planet.  Something like 1 in 4 children are starving.  It's shameful!  We have some very wealthy people but the income ratio is outrageous.  Lies and greed here has no consequences.  Oh gosh these thing make me so upset it have to leave it at that.

My two oldest daughters are still having to work, as well as Lisa's husband.  Stephanie and her husbands companies have shut down.  Melissa's husband has been laid off for a couple of months now.  Lisa's company isn't really an essential business but they have federal contracts, although the company isn't working on any of those contracts, they are saying they are essential.  They make aluminum sheeting etc. I hope they get fined for it.  Melissa is an asst. manager at an auto part company so her job is considered essential, although business is really less than usual.  My county hasn't had anyone so far that has the virus, but counties all around us have.  

Please stay safe everyone, and I do appreciate all of your prayers.  I do keep you all in my prayers too.  Lots of Big Hugs to you all!

In my county there are 30 people reported having the virus from what I can see is published at the Public Health Authority. A total of 2272 people are infected in Sweden, most of them in the sout of the country. I am not sure if that is the truth and now today my oldest son called and said that he thought he has got it. I hope and pray it isn't so and that his girls wont get it if that is the case. He will stay home for two weeks, that is the recommendation here. My youngest son still works and they have more work than usual since he works for a cleaning company. Me and my husband has isolated ourselves for the last week just in case.

The schools are open for the kids up to the age of 15, the others (up to university) are studying from home via internet. Stores are still open and some grocery stores are opening very early in the morning for elderly people so they can buy food without risking to meet a lot of people.

All countrys around us has closed their borders and I think that is a good idea. Some people in this country doesn't seem to think this has anything to do with them. I heard today that a group people from the south of Sweden went to a ski resort in the mountains for the weekend and now  9 people in that area are infected with the virus.

I pray for my family and all of you every night.

Big Hugs to all of you

I will pray for your oldest son and his family that they are spared from having this virus. Nothing new to tell you about the virus here. :Smiley10-1:

Apparently today is Dog-Bed moving day. So far he has dragged his bed to 3 new locations, I guess the first two didn't meet his needs or specifications. The third move did him in and he is now napping in the new location.

He finds the weirdest thing with which to amuse himself. 

Oh he is so cute!  Thanks for sharing, it made me smile.

On another note just got an email about my computer and it seems there was something sugary that made it may onto the motherboard and that has to be replaced and is not covered under warranty.  :(  They said they would cover the CPU fan though.  I did spill something water flavor stuff on a small portion of the top, so I guess it must have got to the motherboard somehow.  At least they aren't going to charge me an arm and a leg for it $83 seems pretty fair to me. 

We have heard from my grandson and it is not good.  They need help.  I just sent the following to the president and our Governor.

I am contacting you today for help with our US Army unit 45213. There are 1,400 soldiers, including my grandson, that were sent to Thailand for a training mission just as COVID-19 was starting to breaking out.  These soldiers are on the ground in close contact with the Thailand soldiers that are able to go home to their families and come back to base. The situation there is becoming increasingly tense, to say the least.  The unit does not have any hand sanitizer and very little to almost no personal protection equipment in very high temperatures and shared water areas. These soldiers are now stuck. Our government has issued a 60 day stay with a virus war that is killing people. As you see this morning our own hospitals don’t want to take anyone in. So as a grandmother would someone PLEASE tell me am I to expect that the Thailand people will help these Soldiers or are they just out there in a virus war without any equipment to protect themselves? So I want to ask you from the bottom of my heart if you can help in any way? If not you then who will help? I can’t stand thinking about what will happen if no one will help! Please!

Please pray for him!

Lisa just got a text from Kevin and the Commanding General just came out and told them the 60 stay won't apply to them.  Something about families were outraged.   Not sure just what helped but I very much appreciate any prayers you all sent out.  Please keep him in your prayers until he is home safe and sound....please.

I am praying for Kevin and the whole unit. I pray and I believe that God will protect them; that God will give His angels command over them. :Smiley10-1:

Beck, I really admire the way you address your government. You were polite and honestly direct! (sorry now my English vocabulary has forsake n me I can't find the correct words )

We are now also under total lock down. My son in law is home - on a much lower salary, but at least he will get something.

My son had to close his business, and he is so stressed. As he put is: he has to do business to get money to pay rent, to pay his employees, to provide for his family. He is the afraid the  business won't  survive this trial. 

I'm praying for all of you and your loved ones.  May the Lord keep you and protect you always!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.