Mission Mouse

Covid19 Virus

Thanks so very much Alet!  Actually those were my daughters words. I just changed them a little like the grandson instead of son.

I sure hope your government helps your sons business or something happens to make sure he and his employees will be ok.

I am praying for all of you and your loved one too.  

On 3/28/2020 at 4:35 AM, MaAlet said:

May the Lord keep you and protect you always!

So the list of business that can stay open is weird and the list of businesses that have to close is just common sense. The liquor stores get to stay open because anyone with an alcohol type disease would suffer unnecessarily. Like yeah, they would be forced to get sober. Since I was previously married to an alcoholic, I am really not sympathetic towards them. 

We have had the weirdest day here, one minute everyone is laughing and the next minute someone is quite grouchy. The only normal one is Jake unless we forget to give him his treats. Everyone here is taking more naps than usual, but  think that is due to boredom. I banned Netfix because of all those parents stuck at home with small children. They need access more than we adults do.

Rebecah, when you get your computer back, drape some plastic wrap over the keyboard and then tape it down. No more stuff can get inside the keyboard if you do that. Mine always has cling wrap taped over the keyboard. You do have to replace it periodically cause it will develop holes. Also my prayers for Kevin and his fellow soldiers continue.

Alet, our government has been announcing aid packages to several kinds of business and small businesses to help get them through these difficult times. Some essential businesses are even paying their staff $2.00 an hour more. For individuals forced to stay home, there are financial assistance programs they can use to help.

Our national debt when this all is over will be staggering.

I couldn't agree more on the liquor stores.  :)

I don't think your watching Netflix will really cause any harm to the parents of children.  

I didn't spill on my keyboard, but I noticed they hadn't charged my credit card yet on Friday so I called them and it seems my motherboard was not bad.  I was pretty sure I didn't spill inside the computer.  I spilled a small amount on the very front of the computer case and it was just water enhancer.  I didn't even shut it down.  I happened over 2 months ago too.  I told them that so I think maybe they investigated a bit further.  The guy I talked to said they had my computer running for a 24 hour period to make sure it was going to be OK, and at that point it was still running.  They should be shipping it back to me by Tuesday, as long as it keeps running.  :)   I usually don't have anything to drink on my table, and I will be more careful in the future.

So is the US.  

When Republicans are in control they could care less about the national debt.  They only care when we have a Democrat for president.  Republicans have always destroyed the debt when they are in power then a Democrat always has to come in a fix the damage.  It's happened for many many years.  You'd think people would learn from that alone not to vote Republican.  

Lock-down. I've not been outside for a month. Quite mental out there. 

On a good note...I've never seen so much wildlife turning up in my gardens! The streets are empty and I hear no cars.

Stay safe all, stay in!

Rebecah, plastic cling wrap will also keep out crumbs if you snack at your desk like I do.

We hear motorcycles just ripping down the street that runs along the back part of our yard. These idiots are speeding like mad. Motorcycles are out in force because that's one type of transportation where the rider is usually by themselves. Dave is  now down to working half days which makes us eligible for monetary assistance. However we have not filed our taxes in 2 years and I would rather be able to do that and use our refunds to see us through. The only problem there is that we use an accountant to do our taxes so I am not sure how we get the paperwork to her.

Not seeing an abundance of any kind of wildlife in our backyard, but it is completely fenced in. We do have some rabbits though, so we are careful to check first before we let Jake in the backyard. He usually patrolled the back fence and went bonkers if someone walked by or someone was walking their dog. Yesterday he didn't even run, he just paced back and forth waiting for a victim.

I've watched videos on you tube where people are filming wild animals roaming around their neighbourhoods. I've also seen videos showing rivers that are wonderfully clean and clear. I think it was China and India that showed skies without the usual dense pollution. I suppose it's true that every cloud has a silver lining, but the thing is: once this virus has run its course mankind will automatically revert to its previous behaviour.

The weather here is getting nice so I am going outside and sitting on my deck stairs while Jake roams his kingdom. I'm pretty sure I send my neighbours into a large scale panic when I cough which kinda bothers me.  

I called my cousin and she is thinking about fostering a dog so more spaces can be freed up and I told her to do that. Then I told her to also be prepared to adopt the dog because she would fall in love with it. She started laughing and then asked me how I knew that would happen. I told her the dog would use his or her puppy dog eyes and melt her heart. I told her not to let that keep her from fostering a dog since a dog will add so much to her now single life. Aside from that she will have a companion so she won't feel so alone. She told me everyone in the family is fine, no one has contracted the virus as of yet.

I'm keeping everyone in my prayers. :Smiley10-1:

So far we are still fine too, 😀  The lock down doesn't affect me much - I am used to staying home. The grand kids are still following their home school schedule, except for the subjects they have at other places; like piano and guitar lessons; physical exercises (That a bio-kinetic trainer held every Wednesday for all the home schoolers) and the once a month art gathering of all the home school kids. Yes, and the play dates that happens on some weekends. Those they miss :) Oh yes and of course no sports Now that I think of all this, I actually can understand that they sometimes get grumpy :laugh1:

1 hour ago, Mission Mouse said:

I'm keeping everyone in my prayers

Thank you, MM! So do I :Smiley10-1:

Good afternoon ladies, it's been a while. It seems like every time I've logged on with the intention of posting something would happen that would avert my attention. So much has happened over the last few years and I realize some of what I went through was preparing me for this particular season. I've been working from home for a little over a month now. I work for a health insurance company and they made the decision to have us work from home before the President.  In our case our building had been over run by the flu virus; people who were sick were coming to work infecting everyone else. In over 5 years I had not had a sniffle or cold other than allergies and I got the flu.  This was the second time in life I've had the flu and I've never had a flu shot.   The first time I had the flu was in the 90's and back then a nurse told me to keep a thermometer in the house, and if I begin to feel unwell and have a low grade temp to stay home, stay away from others,  disinfect my home, keep my hands out of my face, and wash my hands often.  After being treated with Tami flu and an antibiotic I recovered quickly and part of that was because I was in quarantine away from others. Once your immune system is compromised people are more of a danger to you than you are to them.

I am well, grateful and thankful. I am able to work from home, pay my bills and I have enough food and supplies.  Except for essential travel my state is under a stay at home order. Initially due to all of the panic buying, toilet paper and disinfectants were scarce.  However, once again thanks to how my mother taught me I was prepared with having these items on hand. I am getting used to what may become our new norm.  It really hasn't been that hard for me, other than work, church , shopping and the occasional play or concert I really didn't go out. I do miss my pedicures and having my nails and hair done, but it's not a big deal when it comes to protecting my health.

I pray everyone stays well and encouraged.

On 4/18/2020 at 1:59 AM, LilSister said:

I pray everyone stays well and encouraged.

Thank you, LilSister! Yes you are wise to stay home I'm so happy and thankful that you are recovered of the flu!

And I'm so happy to see you back on Affinity! :image014-22:

Hi LilSister, it's so nice to see your post. You have been missed. :Peek-A-Boo: 

Today we found out we don't qualify for government assistance and I am happy that we don't. I found another cannister of Lysol wipes in the bottom cupboard of our bathroom. Mike went through his stuff and found some disinfectant cleaning stuff and Dave has this huge container in the basement. We won't be running out of that kind of cleaner for a long time. No one seems to know why any of this stuff was originally purchased or even when.

I've done some research and found some attachments that can convert a toilet to a bidet and I am giving that some serious consideration. We don't have enough space in our bathroom for a bidet, hence the conversion kits research.

It's disturbingly quiet on our streets, it's like we have almost become a ghost town. I sort of think that is the new normal for everyone. I read a piece where this Doctor thinks no one should ever shake hands again, ever. I good with that, never did like it anyway. I have never liked anyone touching me that I do not know very well. I have always hated being hugged as a type of greeting too, that is very personal to me. Mind you if I ever get the chance to meet any of you, yeah, I'll hug! :icon_hug:

I'making great progress with making new patterns, hence the lack of uploads. I am still far away from my original total of 10,000 patterns. That will not happen to me again. As soon as I get 50 patterns made I copy them to my external hard drive. Some of my favourite patterns I cannot find at all which makes me a bit sad, but I have found so many new and pretty ones, it's hard to remain too sad for very long.

Our neighbours are building a new shed in their backyard and Jake seems to think he is their foreman. I told them his barking translates to "Looking good!" No way am I gonna tell them he is probably saying, "Keep the noise down, it's my naptime." :ROLF:

Thank you so much MM:grin:  Disinfectant wipes are scarce in my area;  toilet paper, wipes and hand sanitizer were the first things that people began panic buying and hoarding.  Now you pretty much have to be at the store when the truck comes in to get things like that. Thank goodness I have plenty of disinfectant, paper towels, and toilet paper. I am almost tempted to drive to my job to get my wipes out of my desk draw and I have a big bottle of hand sanitizer on my desk (at least I hope it's still there); I should have locked it away in my desk drawer.  God has been so faithful, I've been able to find what I need when I need it.

I'm not big on hugging or shaking hands either. I've seen people sneeze into their hands and shake a persons hand 5 minutes later.  In my office building there are hand sanitizer pumps and stations pretty much everywhere, but you'd be surprised how many people walk by them and don't use them.

I use hand sanitizer in all the offices I have appointments at if they have it out. I also have some in my purse along with some folded paper towels, spare clear plastic gloves and a ziplock bag to put the cloths and gloves that I have used. I discard the bag and what is in it as soon as I get home. Parking lots of businesses that are allowed to remain open are littered with disposable masks, gloves and wipes. It's absolutely disgusting for people to be tossing those things on the ground.

On top of the one cabinet we have just inside the side door sits a very large bottle of hand sanitizer. I seem to be the only one that uses it and I use it a few times daily.

I read yesterday that when the winter flu season comes along it will include the corona virus. The Doctor called it the second wave and claimed it would be deadlier that what we are experiencing now. I may never leave my house again. I have to stop reading these kinds of things as I am experiencing huge scale panic attacks and my anxiety, that was under control is not any longer. What I don't do is let either Dave or Mike know what I am now going through. I just hate asking Dave to go out and get things for us, it scares me that he could get sick.

Also I just discovered that Jake has become a hoarder! He's been hiding his nightly treat behind the sofa. :thud:There are 6 of them........no more news watching for him!

Today the yard was finally dry enough to let Jake have free reign over it. He just went bonkers, racing all over and repeatedly rolling in the grass. Guess who's gonna need a bath? He also got to scare a couple of people who walked by the back fence. He is a devious one, he waits  until they are about 2 feet past the beginning of the fence and then lets out these loud ferocious sounding barks. Both of his victims were quite startled but Jake was so pleased with himself. Once again he was successful in frightening away a would be axe murderer from his domain. Yep, my ferocious protector, death from the ankles down. These days cause he really needs a haircut if I just lay him on his back and stick a broomstick handle in his tummy he also doubles as a mop. I'm kidding!!  :ROLF:

I was just walking around the back yard picking up stray twigs and empty walnut shells and I came close to some kind of flowers, have no idea what they are as they haven't bloomed yet and something in there jumped. Yep, scared me so much, I jumped. :scare3:    No, I did not investigate Jake didn't see or hear it cause he was occupied defending his turf from would-be invaders and I didn't take him and show him. I think it might be a nest of wild rabbits. We get them in our back yard sometimes. If it isn't, I'll live without knowing what lurks in the unknown flower patch. 

Our resident chipmunk came out to gather up the seeds I put in his doorway. Well what do you call the entrance to his home? I think he has a wife cause I saw something else scamper inside the opening and it didn't get kicked out. Thing is it didn't look like a .chipmunk so it's also possible he is just renting out some spare room he built. He is after all a very industrious chipmunk. :construction: He's quite clever as well as he has managed to elude Jake. Chippy (as we call him and yes it is quite the original name) ran across my barefoot last summer and I don't know which one of us was more startled, him or me? I can tell you chipmunks have the softest feet.

My neighbour was out in her back yard as well and I called over to her and asked how she was. Didn't get any response, but as we all know *crazy* is so much more contagious than the corona virus.  :insane: That is sarcasm by the way. She hasn't talked to me in years, not since Dave told her I had a breakdown and that was why I didn't work anymore. It must have been *Mow the lawn* day on our street. Seemed like everyone was out mowing their lawns. I let Jake look out the front door and he did a few barks, not too many. I think he was telling them all to work those leg muscles. I can't be sure, sometimes I feel my translation of woof, woof woof, is a tad bit off.  :confused22:

Also, I have found the perfect support ribbon we can all wear, plus it is so easy to make.....

Stay safe everyone! :Smiley10-1:

Image2.png

On 5/6/2020 at 3:56 AM, Mission Mouse said:

Also, I have found the perfect support ribbon we can all wear, plus it is so easy to make.....

:ROLF:  Easy to make yes - if you still have enough "material" 

I just love your translations of Jake's language! Your good!

Our lock down is partially lifted for healthy young adults and adults. So most people are at work again. But  businesses (especially small businesses) are having a hard time to stay  open. Restaurants, theaters, gyms, churches etc. are still closed Schools to open again on the 3rd of August - if there are no new cases of the virus.

Weird, with the lifting of the lock down, our weather changed from lovely sunny winter days too unbearably hot and dusty days as the desert winds came in.

But looking at the big picture, I have nothing to complain about. The Lord is so good! Ans I am blessed beyond understanding :)

Love you all! Big hugs! :hug_group0002: 

Guest Flutterby

I was thinking of you all and wanted to stop by and say hi where it's been a loooooong time. 

I am doing well. I moved out of Maine a little over 2 years ago now, I have been staying with some friends who have become my new family (long story). We have all been healthy through this craziness. The kids are happy that playgrounds have been reopened this week. Masks are still required to be worn at stores for anyone over the age of 10 years old, which is crazy where they don't protect anyone from anything. Hopefully that will no longer be mandatory soon. 

Overall I have been doing a lot better sense leaving Maine. I will be able to start playing Sims again next month when my computer arrives which I'm excited for. 

Hope you all are well, I was very sorry to hear about Nonni.

Hi Flutterby,  So nice of you to drop by.  

It's wonderful to hear that you are doing well, and have a new family.  I know you real family did not treat you very good.  

We all miss Nonni so very very much!  It's just not the same without her.

Guest Flutterby

Thank you Rebecah. I will try to stop by now and again to say hi.

I am slowly, but surely healing more and more from my traumatic past. 

It is sad to see how inactive so many of the sims forums are now.

Take care

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.