Rebecah

Mission Mouse

I think it is quite possible that this quarantine has aged me and not slowly either. This is serious :slapLaugh: I scrolled through my favourite site looking for more outfits to recolour. As stuff loads onto my screen, this is me! :grandpa: (minus the beard of course)

What is with the very skimpy clothings? Does everyone's grandma dress like Kim Kardashian? The *Less is More* really only applies to make-up as far as I am concerned. I found myself asking myself why bother creating that? It's barely there :scare3: I swear some stuff is just a strategic piece of ribbon placed here and there. :thud:I hope I don't get cremated in those outfits. Then again I have no problem getting cremated in my jammies! :ROLF:  Think about it, do you want to be sashaying around in eternity in a fancy formal ball gown with 3 inch stilettos or something comfortable? I'm opting for comfort.

I just love those creators who don't want you to recolour their stuff. Now why is that? Are they afraid someone else will put together patterns that are prettier? In my humble opinion when a creator makes something and it is recoloured, that is a vary sincere compliment to the creator. If I don't like it I don't download it to recolour. I do admit every so often as seeing that *Do Not Recolour* as a challenge. :slapLaugh: I'M OLD, I  AM ALLOWED TO BE CROTCHETY!   ( Is 61 old?)

With one or two exceptions, notably GorillaGorillaGorilla and Rusty, I skip those that use Ad-Fly. Then I also add the link for Google that you download to skip Ad-Fly.

I found myself going, tsk, tsk, tsk at some clothing, pretty sure that is an old lady thing. It's also something I only started doing which is why I think this quaranting is aging me. There are some aged women living on my street and by aged I mean in their 80's and I just keep picturing them going to the grocery store in see through skirts and barely there crop tops. I've near killed myself laughing so hard.:ROLF:

All they need is that bright blue neon coloured hair and they're good to go! (As a side note I do kinda wanna recolour my hair neon purple)

I can only hope that I never appear in public dressed that badly and if I do then you will all know I have lost my mind entirely. Please see to it that my next stop is a care home for :insane:

If you are in a rush for time and want to save Dave the money for a care home, a speeding big truck will also do nicely.  :cheesy:

:carryonsmiley:

I do know the feeling....

I just made some maternity clothes for my game that are rather retro looking, and couldn't help but think that Nonni would have loved them.  But I had trouble finding maternity style clothing I actually wanted to use in my game for much the same reason.  Too skimpy,  too modern, what woman while pregnant really wants to wear 3 inch heels?  I have decided I am old as well lol.

Grandmother's are much younger these days and yes, some pregnant women do wear 3 inch heels.  Times have truly changed, you'll be hard pressed to find Grandmother's like we had. I should say like maybe some of you had.  My Grandmother wasn't the cookie baking, apple pie making  stay at home Grandmother ... that was my Great-Granny .  My Grandmother enjoyed going out with her friends and the occasional party. However, she did raise my cousins after their mother passed away.

My one Grandmother was Mennonite which is self-explanatory, and my other Grandmother, well when they were in fashion she wore hot pants. She looked awesome but I daresay she would not dress like one of the Kardashions. Maybe it's just my family, but I do know that none of the female cousins or female cousins by marriage dress in skimpy clothing. Perhaps my family is just very old fashioned.

The church we all attended believed our bodies were temples from God and so we were taught to treat them as such and the emphasis was on modesty and self-respect. I don't think that is the way that church still preaches as we all know times change and to keep attendance up, the church does try and change to keep up.

The Mennonite girls I grew up with for example, all wore both make-up and jewelry, while their mothers never did. My Mennonite Grandparents did not wear wedding bands, but when my dad married their daughter, both her and my dad wore wedding bands. I once cross-stitched a picture for my Mennonite Grandma, it said:

*Some Grandmas ride in limousines

Some Grandma's live in house fit for Queens

But my Grandma is best by far

Because she fills her cookie jar.*

Yep, that was my Mennonite granny to a *T*. Nothing store bought, everything home made. They even made home made root beer and ice cream. Oh those were the best days of summer back then.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.