Biblical Truths that will build your faith

• Administrators

This thread/forum was Nonni's brain child and it was very dear to her. It was very important for her to spread God's Word and to bring God in everything we are doing - even playing the Sims.  I dedicate this thread to Nonni, who will always be in my heart.

Here we can post short Biblical truths of encouragement.

Please feel free to add your own! 

For my part I will lean heavily on  Neil T Anderson's Daily in Christ.

1. Why should I say I can't, when the Bible says I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength?

Philippians 4:13: 13 For I can do everything through Christ,[a] who gives me strength.(NLT)

• Administrators

2. Why should I lack when I know that God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4: 19: And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. (NLT)   Neil T Anderson's Daily in Christ.

• Administrators

4. Why should I lack faith to fulfill my calling knowing that God has allotted to me a measure of faith?

Romans 12 : 3:  Because of the privilege and authority[a] God has given me, I give each of you this warning: Don’t think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us. 

• Administrators

5. Why should I be weak when the Bible says that the Lord is the strength of my life and that I will display strength and take action because I know God?

Psalm 27:1The Lord is my light and my salvation—
                         so why should I be afraid?
                         The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger,
                         so why should I tremble?   
(NLT)  Neil T Anderson's Daily in Christ.

Daniel 11:32He will flatter and win over those who have violated the covenant. But the people who know their God will be strong and will resist him.   (NLT)  Neil T Anderson's Daily in Christ.

• Administrators

6. Why should I allow Satan supremacy over my life when He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world (1 John 4 : 4)?

1 John 4 : 4 But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world. 

(NLT)  Neil T Anderson's Daily in Christ.

• Administrators

7.  Why should I accept defeat when the Bible says that God always leads me in triumph?

2 Corinthians 2:14But thank God! He has made us his captives and continues to lead us along in Christ’s triumphal procession. Now he uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume.

Neil T Anderson's Daily in Christ.

• Administrators

8.  Why should I lack wisdom when Christ became wisdom to me from God and God gives wisdom to me generously when I ask Him for it?

1 Corinthians 1:30 ;  God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made him to be wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; he made us pure and holy, and he freed us from sin.

James 1: 5 If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

9.   Why should I be depressed when I can recall to mind God's lovingkindness , compassion, and faithfulness and have hope?

Lamentations 3: 21 - 23:   

21 But this I call to mind,
    and therefore I have hope:

22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;[a]
    his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;

great is your faithfulness.     

• Administrators

13.   Why should I feel alone when Jesus said He is with me always and He will never leave me nor forsake me?

Matthew 28 : 20 :  teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Hebrews 13 : 5  Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

• Administrators

14.   Why should I feel accursed or that I am the victim of bad luck when the Bible says that Christ redeemed me from the curse of law that I might receive His Spirit?

Galatians 3:13, 14 :  13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”

14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit[a] through faith.

• Administrators

18.   Why should I be confused  when God is the author of peace and He gives me knowledge through His indwelling Spirit?

1 Corinthians 14 : 33:  

For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.

As in all the churches of the saints

1 Corinthians 2 : 12  : Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God.

• Administrators

20.   Why should I let the pressures of live bother me when I can take courage knowing that Jesus has overcome the world and it's tribulations?

John 16 : 33:   33 I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace. In the world you have tribulation and distress and suffering, but be courageous [be confident, be undaunted, be filled with joy]; I have overcome the world.” [My conquest is accomplished, My victory abiding.] (Amp)

• Administrators

God’s peace sustains us through all circumstances. The Greek word for “peace” in Philippians 4:7, “eirene” can be understood as the peace of mind that arises from reconciliation with God. This makes me think about how, as a child of God, I am reconciled to my heavenly Father. Because of that, I can pray and present my requests to Him. When I do that with thanksgiving, the peace of God guards my heart and mind (vv. 6-7). This nearness to God allows me to experience a true, deep sense of peace—whether in comfort or hardship.

Philippians 4:6 -7

6 Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your [specific] requests known to God.

7 And the peace of God [that peace which reassures the heart, that peace] which transcends all understanding, [that peace which] stands guard over your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus [is yours].

Finding Strength in the Midst of Trials

• Administrators

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless, I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me (Galations 2:20 KJV)

When Jesus was on the cross, bearing my sin, I was crucified with Him. He is living in me, and that life is lived by fath of the Son of God ("of": it is not even my faith that I live by, but His). Jesus surrendered His life so that I could have full, abundant life. I present myself as a living sacrifice before God, every day. Surrendered, allowing Him to prepare me, to change me, to transform me from the inside out, to deal with my soul so that my spirit can flow in the life of God - I present myself everyday; so that every day, God can use me.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.