Because I Am Curious

Mission Mouse

• Administrators

Ok, so I am nosy. :ROLF: I am wondering since the rules around Covid 19 are starting to relax, has anyone here gone out to an outdoor patio, a bar, or a restaurant or even the beach?

I admit that I am still too concerned and so I have not done any of those things.

When I did go to the clinic for my knee, I wore my mask and the seating was 6 feet apart. Also had to answer this questionnaire and all my answers were No.

As soon as we got home I tossed the clothes I was wearing into the laundry and got in the shower.

I've been chatting with my one cousin and we discovered we both have the same blood type so we decided that if either of us ever needs blood, the other will come and give their blood.

*J* wants to keep it in the family as she has some serious health issues.

Jake just snorted at me  :slapLaugh: I don't even know what I did to deserve that!  ( I snorted back)

• Administrators

We went to a little restaurant  (my favourite) - had to made a reservation beforehand because they only let in about 20 customers at the most.  And it was perfect!

But things are going so bad here now that we decided to stay put. No more going out :( 

Covid-19 Visualizer

• Administrators

I haven't gone to any restaurants nor any bars etc.  I'm just to afraid to go to any of those types of places.  I don't go into a grocery store, I order mine and just pick them up at Walmart or get them delivered.  Walmart is cheaper so I try to get as much as I can through them.  

I only go to my local Supermarket Food Lion, Walmart and the pharmacy if I need to.  I can have my medication delivered but I went myself hoping to find hand sanitizer and I did; I was only able to get 2 16.9 oz bottles because that was the per customer limit. I can have my groceries delivered but while I can I rather pick out my own fruits and vegetables. I went to Walmart last week and I was able to get disinfectant wipes.  Toilet paper is no long  scarce, but I just keep buying it anyway.  Whenever I see disinfectant sprays I buy whatever the per customer limit is.  I don't think it's wise or safe to go places where there are large gatherings of people.  Everyone is required to wear a mask when going to stores. Walmart and Food Lion wipe down the carts, however I bring my own disinfectant wipes with me.  I live in an apartment complex and have to use the laundry room.  I do my laundry during the week early in the morning when no one else is around.  

• Administrators

I understand about picking your own fruits and veggies...but so far Walmart has always given me nice picks.  The Walmart here doesn't deliver yet but I believe they are working on getting that.   Last time I picked up my groceries the young lady that put them in my car said that if I knew anyone looking for a job they are hiring at $11.50 per hour to start.  I really love the option to pick up my groceries there.  They don't charge extra and the people who load the groceries don't accept tips.  If they are out of something that I order they will substitute with something better.  Like I ordered a bag of salad for $1.74 and they were out so they gave me two bags of another brand the was $3.75 each but only charged me the $1.74 for both the one I'd ordered was like 22 oz. and they ones I got were 18 oz.  So I really got a great deal on that one.  I agree is is not wise or safe to go places where there are large gatherings of people.  Michigan requires us to wear a mask to go into any stores too.  I'm in an apartment complex too, but I have an apartment size portable washer I got it on Amazon for only $109 four years ago.  I had to hide it in the closet at my former apartment complex cause we weren't suppose to have washers...but I do think they meant full size washers.  I didn't want to take a chance that they would tell me I couldn't have it.  :)  My new apartment has washer and dryer hookups so I'm all set there.  Stephanie has a dryer she said I could have but I really don't feel I need it right now.  The little spin basket spins out about 80% of the water.  I can't wash my bed spread in it but I can fit a set of sheets in it.  I feel it has paid for itself over the last few years as it was $3.00 to wash a load and $1.25 to dry.   If I have to go to a store which I've only done a couple of times I go at 7 am when it is for high risk customers.  Most stores her have the first hour dedicated to seniors and high risk customers.

I pray you all stay safe and free of this terrible virus.

We went to a restaurant a few weeks ago with our children and grandchildren. People there kept the distence very well. There was an empty table on each side of us. The cutlery and napkin for each person were in a sealed plastic bag and the serving staff had gloves. Everything went well but I do not think we will do it again before we know how it goes with this infection. It seems that those who know think that it will flare up again this autumn.

We do our grocery shopping our selves and try to go as early as we can in the morning when there is less people in the store. We use gloves and we only go once a week. Some of the stores have bottles of hand sanitizers by the door for people to use and some stores also offers plastic gloves for everyone to use. We also go the pharmacy to get our meds, I order some of my medicin online but my husband has medicin that has to be held cold so that is not possible for him.

• Administrators

David and I did discuss going to his friend's restaurant and then David decided it just wasn't safe for me. Here in Ontario there is talk of a resurgence of the virus in the fall. The worst thing for me right now is my hair----it so badly needs cutting. My bangs are past my nose and if I comb my hair straight, all the way across I could be mistaken for a distant relative of Cousin IT from the Addam's Family.

I think I may begin to take advantage of ordering online and then picking up my groceries. So many people are still being so careless and I figure the less exposure for me the better. I went to the gas station to get gas today; I don't like using my  card at the pump so I ran inside. I forgot to put my mask on and immediately I notice the girls behind the counter were not wearing a mask and neither were any of the customers.  I paid for my gas and as I was trying to leave this man was blocking the door .. no mask and wouldn't move. He wanted me to walk underneath his arm as he held the door. He got upset because I told him I wasn't walking underneath his arm .. I don't know why he didn't understand that he should  have moved away from the door.  I was already horrified by the fact that I didn't have my mask on and him blocking the door without wearing a mask just made matters worse.   My anxiety level is on high ... all of the reports of rising infection levels and experts saying the upcoming months are going to show increasing surges in the Northeast have me on edge.  I live alone and although I'm used to it I no longer have the social interaction I used to have when I went into the office to work.

• Administrators

I think that's a great idea LilSister, even if you just order the things you don't need to pick out, like veggies etc.  At my Walmart the Fresh fruits etc are at the front of the store so I could go in and just pick those things out myself, and or the meat.  Walmart doesn't charge any extra to shop for the groceries and it's just so much safer.  The stores here are always so full of people who just do not seem to care, and that scares me the most.  Gosh I'm sorry you had such a scare, and I sure hope and pray everyone is safe from this virus.

• Administrators

I can't find any grocery stores here that will deliver. There are companies that deliver but when I looked into them, it's not the type of meals Dave or I would eat. They seem to be aimed at those so called *Foodies*

@LilSister, it's so terrible that a lot of people just don't seem to understand how serious this virus is.

I know in the beginning David didn't take it seriously and that made me so angry. I asked him why he was so willing to possibly expose me to the virus by not wearing a mask. I did a lot of research, underlying pre-existing medical issues, diabetes, smoking, and oddly blood type A. Yep got all of those problems. I made him read all the research I did and then asked him how he would feel if he brought the virus into our home and it killed me, that was what it took for him to really understand that I am considered high-risk. Now he wears his mask whenever he goes out but he has also become a tad bit over-protective of me by not allowing me to go anywhere except our back deck and yard.

Between the virus and my knee, he now hovers over me when he is home. I have no idea why my knee still throbs constantly or why it gives out as much as it does. Fortunately when it gives out I have been close enough to grab onto something to prevent myself from falling completely to the floor.

I do have Jake as my constant companion, wherever I go, he follows. It's mostly ok, until I go to the bathroom. It's a bit disconcerting to have him watch me, then again when you are owned by a furball there is no such thing as privacy. He just refuses to believe me that there is no secret doorway to Narnia in the bathroom.  :shocked:

Archived