Important notice to creators with files on SimFileShare

• Administrators

This message was posted on SimFileShare today:

Anyone with files there, needs to back them up asap

SimFileShare is moving! We will be moving to new hosts in the next week or two. In order to make the move go smoothly, we will be deleting files older than 6 months which have never been shared. This may also impact some files which have been shared with only one or two people. If you have any such files, please download them ASAP to avoid losing them.

• Administrators

I am in the process of downloading all my files. In order for me to keep things organized I am also deleting those files from SFS and will be re-uploading them as soon as the move is complete. I am doing it this way to make sure none of my files disappear.

• Administrators

That's a great ideal Karen.   Are you putting them back on our site?  This seems like so much work and I am really quite disappointed that this is happening.  I thought SimFileShare was suppose to be a safe long term place to keep our files.

• Administrators

If possible between home schooling and making meals I'll start this afternoon to download Nonni's files. I already downloaded mine -some of my files already disappeared :( 

• Administrators

On 8/7/2020 at 4:06 PM, Mission Mouse said:

and try to get the ones from other creators

Is it okay if I start with the retired creators?

A bit later:

RetiredCreators, Misc and Gayars Folders only have a few small files. So I downloaded them all.

I didn't delete any files on SFS though. If they don't delete them, we do not have to upload them again, right?

• Administrators

4 hours ago, MaAlet said:

I didn't delete any files on SFS though. I they don't delete them, we do not have to upload them again, right?

Correct at least that is what I understand.  I only deleted a couple of my files then I thought well why do that, it's best to just keep them where they are.  Until we know what one's they actually get rid of.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived