• Administrators

I deleted the old update thread cause it was getting too big. Anyway just to let you all know I am finding most of my Sims 2 uploads, just getting them organized to re-upload.

• Administrators

I have found 237 Sims 2 clothing files but I need to go into each one and make some corrections. I had no idea I had that many. Guess we all know what I am going to be doing for the next week or so. :ROLF:

• Administrators

I also found some cute mouse sewing images. I'm getting bored with the one I have been using.

I'm sitting here listening to Jake snore  :ROLF: and I should be :sleepy3:

• Administrators

:thud: I don't know why that emoji makes me laugh, it just does. I have spent the last 4 hours fighting with my Sims 2 game. I didn't want to bother anyone here so I googled 3 things I just couldn't figure out on my own. The first one was that screen size, Used that graphics ruler thing, wouldn't work. Finally I just went into the game files and changed the screen resolution myself as it showed on the website. That's fixed! Yeah, I didn't read the website instructions....:Whistle:

Then for 2 hours I tried and tried to get what I thought was an outerwear outfit to show up in the game and also body shop. Nope, the darn thing never showed up. I was so frustrated I was almost :cry: Then all of a sudden, after 2 hours mind you, a lightbulb turned on.  :1doh1: Maybe it wasn't a complete outfit and maybe it also wasn't outerwear......could it possibly be a top and pants :thud: Yep, it was a top file and a pants file, GROAN!!! Obviously it's been a long time since I used Sims 2 bodyshop and possibly a longer time that I needed to put on my thinking cap. The very worst part of all of this is that I needed to find those files in my game because I have to take pictures-another thing I loathe doing-so I could upload the set.

It's almost 5pm here, looks like grilled cheese sammiches for supper tonight. :slapLaugh:

• Administrators

Oh gosh I'm so sorry you had so much trouble with your game today.  I was checking your files earlier and I found a few that have the file, but 2 of them were for things I fixed and my mesh files is missing.  I also, got the people from Invision to tell me why our database stayed the same size after deleting so much.  We have a soft delete setting that keeps everything for a couple of weeks.

• Administrators

You know I remember seeing something about soft deletes when I was removing my uploads. I think it gave me the choice of a soft delete or a complete delete.

I did get some Sims 2 files re-uploaded but my descriptions are somewhat lacking in substance. I have so many to do I just got lazy. :busted:

• Administrators

Yes, you did do the soft delete, that's why the database stayed the same size.  I am actually quite happy you did that.  I restored a couple but I need to try to find my meshes to a couple of them.  I found the 4esf files but I think I had them posted in the forums under the files I fixed.  I think when I was trying to remove some of the older posts in the forums they got removed.  I have been working on restoring a backup of the site to see if there is anything in that that will help me.  I would really like to restore all of you download posts, but put them in hidden mode so that we can see what was posted etc.  I would love to help with this if you wouldn't mind.  I am a bit busy during the week helping Brian with his school work, but I can help out some at night and on the weekends.   Does any of this sound okay to you?  I also, got out one of my backup hard drives and I have a lot of your files on that.  I was thinking the Sims 4 files might be the ones to get back as they seem to be the most popular right now.  At least I think so, not sure on that though.  

• Administrators

The other day I was checking to see if any of your files were still on line and I did find several that were for example this one:   But it seems to have disappeared now.  I am uploading it so I can get it fixed again.  I hope that is ok.

• Administrators

I just found that the adult clothing recolors got missed for version numbers.  I edited all of your recent uploads to remove them and fixed the setting.  If you happen to notice a version number when you post like the image please let me know so I can fix it. It is towards the bottom of the page. VersionNumber.jpg

• Administrators

Well now something is totally blowing my mind.  I have checked several of the files you removed and they are coming up as being on SFS, and I can download them but I can not actually find the location of said files.  I just do not understand, so maybe it isn't necessary for you to repost all of your files.  MM that is a huge project and will be so confusing, I will do what I can to help.  I am so disappointed you are not able to work on uploading your new creations for Sims 4.  

• Administrators

That is because SFS deleted ALL my files in my section. That is why I have to re-upload them. It doesn't have anything to do with Affinity, it's only a SFS glitch. Whatever is in the soft deletes can be discarded. It's really not a huge project, it's actually going quite well on my end.

PLUS just because I get bored I take breaks and surf the net and I found a LOT of Sims 4 to Sims 2 clothing conversions.

What I don't have is most of my Sims 4 clothing files. I hadn't moved them to my external hard drive and I lost them when my laptop croaked.

• Administrators

I just don't think that is a good idea, the Sims 2 things really are getting old and there is so much information that it would be best not to lose.  I understand what you are saying but why do all that work when it is unnecessary.  I so glad you had the files that were missing though.  I think it would be best to wait and see, how things will go.  If you wouldn't mind that is.  

• Administrators

Oh thank goodness you didn't hard delete. I see the hidden files and all I have to do is repair the link when I get them all uploaded. :389-Amours-love-:

That is just going to make everything so much easier for me, what a relief.

• Administrators

I have run into several issues with the Sims 2 furniture recolors.  Several of your recolors were of things I had fixed and I just can not find them any where.  I'm still looking but not having much success.  I tried to restore an older version of AffinitySims but I can't get any of them to work.  I'm not sure if it is because they were used with an older version of wamp64 of what is causing wamp not to run correctly.  

I had created a fix for Joseni's blanket and if I remember correctly I also made a different size.  

I found it, I actuallly posted it here

• Administrators

I think I found them all so far.  I found googling the files works better then to search on here.

Cool on the swatch files.  :)

I've been working on the Sims 2 furniture and I've finished quite a lot of it.  I have fixed all the links to my mesh files too.  I have found a couple of files are missing and there were a couple of files that the rar file was corrupt.  I sent you a message concerning the two corrupt rar's and will send you a list of items I do not find the files for.

• Administrators

Everybody!!! YOU HAVE TO CHECK OUT THIS SITE  :389-Amours-love-:

https://vulrien-sims.tumblr.com/tagged/s2cc

This wonderful creator has converted awesome Sims 4 content to Sims 2. I promise none of you will be disappointed, it's clothing and hair and for me personally her stuff is to die for.

I can hardly wait for all my old files to be corrected cause there is a lot of stuff on her site that I am just itching to recolour.

#Vulrien  :1doh1: I have no idea how to *Tag* her as you can all see. :slapLaugh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

:thud: I spent the last 2 days recolouring the outfit I showed only to discover a tiny error that I just couldn't let pass. There was ONE pixel that was wrong, yep ONE!

It irked me to no end just knowing it was there even if no one else ever saw it. I dumped ALL the recolours I had made and am starting over but this time that one pixel has been fixed. I just cannot upload something that isn't acceptable to me. I know some will find this nuts, but I hold the reputation of this site very dear to my heart.

• Administrators

You won't lose it in Origin but you can select the option to repair the game.

Right click on the game image and then select repair.

Repair.jpg