• Administrators

I did both the update and the repair and neither one fixed the problem. I found out you can uninstall it but to never update it. I couldn't even get a working shortcut to my desktop. I searched google for hours and then I noticed that I didn't have the FunwithPets icon thing that has *.exe* after the game launcher.

Incredibly FUN fact, it's says it's going to take 14 hours to download the darn game again from Origin. oh :cheerleader:<that is SARCASAM to the most extreme level I am capable of.

The weirdest thing was that Bodyshop still worked. All I know is that Windows 10 updated and Sims2 UC was  after that.

• Administrators

Oh my goodness, that a long time!  I have a lot of trouble keeping Sims 2 working myself.  Usually if I do a repair it fixes it for me.  It does seem like Windows 10 just does not like us playing that version.  :(

• Administrators

I hope I can remember all the steps I did and get it to play offline the way I used to have it. That prevents Origin from being able to update Sims2 which has caused a lot of people to have major problems with their game. I also found out, purely by accident, why my CAS screen was borked.

When you change the graphic settings in *config" apparently you also have to change those same settings in *csconfig"-probably would have been a good idea to read the entire sentence in that post as opposed to stopping at the *config* point. :slapLaugh:  :thud:  :1doh1:

I'll find out when I finally get the game re-downloaded. :CrossFingers:

• Administrators

It's fixed!!! I got it re-installed, applied all the necessary changes and the issue with bodyshop is fixed as well. I can also play the game offline!

:penguin03: I am so happy!! Today is going to be a GREAT day.

• Administrators

I still have Sims 2 installed from my disks - and so far it's still working :appl2:

My kids thinks I'm totally nuts - I have Sims 1,2,3 and 4 on my computer - and still am playing them all now and then. Though these days I'm playing mostly 4.

MM, I'm really admiring your diligence and the wonderful beautifully way you create and present your work. You work so hard! Thank you very much! :image014-22::Thank_you:

• Administrators

:Thank_you:Rebecah and Alet.

My great day hit a snag.:(  I am trying to recolour that SPX wicker set and things are not going well at all. Both the lounger and chair are a 2 part recolour and when I select them to recolour, the little time thingie just goes around and around and around. Both images I need just never load and I can't figure out why.

I do remember that my original recolours were before Sims2 UC and that SimPE even looked different than it does now. I'm thinking of uninstalling SimPE, then re-installing it, but this time not adding that fix for Sim2 UC.

The good news is that this is not affecting me to the point that I am in tears. If worse comes to worse and I just can't figure it out, I'll just go to SimCrafters. That is a discord account that gayars has and that was where I finally went for my game problems.

I also want to learn 2 new things---how to swap shoes on an outfit and how to make either a dress or a skirt longer in length. I think I need Blender and Milkshape to learn how to do the shoes and the dress length.

There is also one thing with recolouring that I have never been able to do and that is to recolour an outfit that doesn't come in a solid colour. I've always taken an outfit that is a solid colour and made one of those colours my template, and then greyscaled that image and used that for shading purposes. I tried using GIMP once but there were like 30 steps just to make one recolour. It's common knowledge here, that when I recolour I make way too many outfits. I think that may qualify as a type of character flaw. :slapLaugh:

That is just too many steps to go through and yes, I am far too lazy to go through that many steps.

I do know that my being a Virgo explains why I am so picky with my recolours, in that if I discover a mistake, no matter how miniscule, I HAVE to fix it. The thing is I really like doing recolours, it gives me joy and a sense of purpose. I also tend to think that this is a way to keep my brain active and possibly prevent me from getting Alzheimer's. I don't know if that is in fact true or not and I have no way to prove it, it's just something that I think.

I can't work at a job and my mobility is limited so this is what I do to give me a sense of purpose. I absolutely know for a fact that being a part of Affinity has saved me from going into a major depression and just giving up. I am truly blessed to have such awesome women keep me motivated and who encourage me when I hit a bump on the road of life.

Neither giving up nor dying are on my "to do list" or my "bucket list".

Ain't got time for that, too many Sims2 and Sims4 projects to do.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Mission Mouse said:

Neither giving up nor dying are on my "to do list" or my "bucket list".

Ain't got time for that, too many Sims2 and Sims4 projects to do.

I'm so happy to know this.  :)  

Did you install the Nivida DDS tool?  I'm attaching my SimPE folder.  I keep it on my main drive C, in the root directory.  Not under program files.  Then I created my own shortcut to the simpe.exe file.

It sounds like simpe isn't finding your folders.  

I hope this helps.  I'm not really awake yet, going back to sleep.

SimPe_0_73_44-QA.zip

• Administrators

Sorry I forgot I wanted to say Hello to Alet and that is so cool that you still play all of the versions of the game from time to time.

• Administrators

:ROLF: I have to be honest, while recolouring some new colours for SPX wicker set, I had to have a tutorial to refer to because I forgot a couple of steps. I got so caught up in recolouring for Sims4, I kinda set Sims2 on the back burner, I wrote down all the steps I may need if this laptop ever crashes so that I can have all the information at hand without having a meltdown. Everything I now have, and I do mean EVERYTHING is backed up on an external hard drive. I am determined to never lose anything again because when I went looking for some stuff, it wasn't available any more. :carryonsmiley:

• Administrators

I am hoping to have some uploads ready in the next 2 or 3 days. I am going back and forth between Sims 2 and Sims 4 but since I have the logos for the games, the uploads will be clearly identifiable. Since I learned how to do the swatches for Sims 2, those take a tad bit longer because it's a lot more work. I do actually prefer the swatches, I may look into doing the same thing for Sims 4. The bonus is that I don't have to take as many pictures and since I HATE taking pictures it's a win-win for me.

There is just one major problem that is causing me to take so long---Jake now sleeps in his bed which is located under my desk and the last couple of days he's been tooting and his toots are just foul. I have had to walk away from my desk just to breathe. :thud:

• Administrators

OUCHIE!!! I got a upper back molar pulled out yesterday. I've been on antibiotics for 9 days now and that was supposed to clear up the massive infection I had in that tooth. I dunno, maybe it did, maybe it didn't, all I do know is that when the dentist put in the freezing needle, the pain was incredible. The area around the tooth was inflamed and so very tender that I thought they might reschedule the extraction. Nope, they went ahead and yanked the tooth out. I admit, without any shame that I cried.

I couldn't even talk yesterday and Dave thought that was great.....if he didn't already have a broken foot...

For the next 7 to 10 days I cannot eat anything that is crunchie or drink using a straw. It's 7 days because I am diabetic and take longer to heal. My drink is Earl Grey tea and I have never drank it using a straw. :azn:

Cheers for soft mushy food for the next 7 days....:1doh1: The dentist recommended soup as long as it is not too hot (i like my soup to be HOT!), meal replacement drinks and mashed potatoes. Seriously how many different ways can one make mashed potatoes? No, I don't like garlic so that option is a no go. I adamantly refuse to eat cauliflower so that's a no go as well.

Oh well, at least today I can talk, mostly without getting my merds wixed. My face is somewhat swollen so my tang gets tungled up and I wind up backin talkwards.  :slapLaugh:

• Administrators

Oh my goodness I'm so very sorry MM that you have had to go through all this.  My daughter Melissa just had one pulled last week and she was fit to be tied not being able to smoke for a couple of days.  

I do hope and pray you heal fast, and do not have to suffer with it anymore.

• Administrators

Today I have NO pain at all :penguin03: and I even ate real food without any problems, I'm still on antibiotics so I figure I'm good to go. I feel for Melissa, my dentist gave me some 4x4's to put in the extraction site cause she knows I'll smoke no matter what they tell me.

A sneak peek at a Sims 2 outfit....

Image1.jpg