• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

All this time I have thought I have led a very boring life :sherlockholmes:

I am hoping to upload some Christmas content foe Sims 2 and Sims 4, but I'm not sure if I can get them both finished in time.

This Christmas Dave and I will be on our own for the first time in all our 27 years together.  Oh wait 3 or 4 years ago we were both quite sick and we stayed home then and basically slept through Christmas. That one was weird because it was the first time we were sick at the same time.

We are just baking a ham this year because there would be way too much leftover if I made a turkey with the stuffing and all the sides I always make. I am going to be doing one thing I haven't done in years, and that's baking some Christmas cookies. Dave has expressed a strong desire for shortbread cookies. I had to buy a cookie press to make the ones he wants. This should be interesting as I really do not like baking. All those utensils and bowls and measuring spoons and cups to clean up, that's what I just hate and why I don't bake. Usually by the time I am done I and my kitchen do look like this--

dog-follow-more-recipes.jpg

• Administrators

Yep, I made some cookies....3 dishwasher loads later.....:slapLaugh:

The worst part, I tried using my new cookie press.

Final Score: Cookie Press 10

Karen- BIG FAT ZERO!

Giving it to our friend Sandy.

My next baking attempt will be----NEVER!!!  :ROLF:

• Administrators

:29cw6j4_th.jpg: As you can see, my hope to upload some Christmas content went and disappeared. I have this stupid cough that feels like a cold but it didn't go into a full blown cold. Nope, just possibly 50 loud sneezes daily, with so many coughs I couldn't keep count. Then I'm suddenly quite hot which changes rapidly to really, really cold. I feel like I'm back in menopause but this time I have company--Jake has had a very upset tummy and I have banned Dave from sharing food with Jake. Dave forgets that the meat he shares with Jake cannot have spices, not even salt and pepper. I fed Jake some plain sweet potatoes and his upset tummy is on the mend. I am possibly overdoing it with the chicken noodle soup but it usually works within a few days. I forget how it goes, feed a fever, starve a cold? All I can remember is to keep hydrated when I have a fever because I know a fever can dehydrate a person rather quickly. 

Part of the problem I am having with uploading Christmas content is that I've had to make Christmas patterns, most of the ones I had seem to have disappeared since my laptop crash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Oh yes! I agree with Beck - I would like them in my game too! I love the soft blue texture :appl2:

mm A long sleeve variation with the scarf, for cold weather outfit, would also be great!

• Administrators

They are for Sims 4 and I just love this outfit. Hopefully in the next few days I can get them finished and then uploaded. It depends on the grouch who is currently impersonating the man formerly known as Dave.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Mission Mouse said:

It depends on the grouch who is currently impersonating the man formerly known as Dave.

:ROLF: Good luck then :ROLF:

• Administrators

Here when you sign up for unemployment insurance to cover your time unemployed, they automatically sign you up for this service called *Job Alerts*

Due to Dave's history the only alerts he gets is for long haul trucking and he doesn't want to do that. The problem with him turning down an offer could disqualify him from getting any monies. Yep, this is gonna be very interesting and hugely stressful. :shocked:

I did find some Sims 4 clothing I never got around to uploading to SFS, if I can stay focused I can get them uploaded. Thing is, I can only upload when Dave is sleeping and not on the computer or netflix because the uploads will then time out. :mad:

• Administrators

Well I hope he doesn't have that problem but maybe he should put that his wife's needs keep him from being able to do long hauls, or if one of these places contacts him he should explain that he must be home at night or something to that effect.

I look forward to seeing the new S4 items.

• Administrators

*The grouch* has been fed and he even played with Jake for a bit. There is currently Lambchop foam stuffing spread about the living room. Poor thing is going to need some surgery to close the huge rip in her back. She's kinda like a Timex watch, she takes a beating and keeps on getting repaired only to repeat the scenario over and over. She is most definitely Jake's favourite toy.

I'm plugging away on new clothing for Sims 4.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I don't think retirement is going to go well for us. The *Grouch*, formerly known as Dave, NOW known as *The Soon to be Departed* is the world's worst pest. He's bored to tears and driving me nuts. Four times now I have had to exit S4S because of his interruptions. They are not Life or Death things either.

I can't send him anywhere because we are under *Stay At Home* orders. All I need is a home where I can send him to STAY AT!  :slapLaugh:

Any volunteers? And NO, this offer does NOT include Jake.

• Administrators

😠  SFS doesn't like me today. I have been trying for 5 hours to upload 2 files of recolours and that rotten *X* keeps happening. I think my only solution is to take both those files, cut them in half and try to upload them again. That means I'm going to have 5 files of one dress recolour for people to download. This is very annoying because not everyone knows how to merge files and then add them to their game. I'll have to explain the reason for so many files with this upload. I really like this dress and this is so frustrating.  

PleasantPeasant-2.jpg

PleasantPeasant-6.jpg

• Administrators

Wow, that is too bad.   Do you have a google drive?  I've noticed many creators are using their google drives to post their files.  Gosh I know SFS has been down a lot, plus the timing out problem.  It does it to me quite a bit too.  Google give us 15 gig free.  Where as Microsoft onedrive is only 5 gig.  

• Administrators

I have no idea what you mean by Google Drive and Microsoft One Drive. All I know is that I pay for high-speed internet that is provided by Bell Canada.

The western area of Canada is pretty much controlled by Shaw which is an awesome company to deal with. The eastern part of Canada is controlled by either Bell or Rogers cable and both of these are quite pricey. I am in an area in my city that just happens to have the TV provided by Shaw, Bell and Rogers and Shaw is by far the best company to deal with.

I would have my internet provided by Shaw if it was possible, but both Bell and Rogers have blocked Shaw's access to most of my province. Supposedly our Government doesn't allow monopolies. Weird because both Rogers and Bell are actually monopolies. There is not much by way of alternative providers and the few that exist have to buy their time from either Bell or Rogers.

Bell's cell phone coverage is superior to Rogers, in my opinion but I had a terrible experience with Rogers and I refuse to do business with that company.

Canada also has some of the most expensive internet costs in the world. Supposedly our government is looking into that because they want everyone to have access to affordable high speed internet. 

"Yep, that's gonna happen" said NO Canadian ever!  :ROLF:

• Administrators

Everyone who has windows can use the one drive and google drive you just sign up for it.   They are both for backing up your files and for sharing files with other people.  They are both also free unless you want more space, but you do not have to buy more space.  

googledrive.jpgOneDrive.jpg

I have most of my Sim4 files in this folder on my google drive.  Click Here

• Administrators

Oh I use external drives but I use both the google drive and the one drive and only back up my desktop most of my documents and my pictures.  I tried to backup my Sims 4 folder but every time I start the game it creates some new files and the same when I close it.  Every time something gets deleted in my folder it pops up and asks me if I want to remove it or restore it.  It's so irritating I stopped backing it up.  Files go to my google super fast, and I never have had a time out, which I get all the time on SFS.  I did find a free web server,  but I'm afraid it will take me a year or more to get it setup.  I will send you a membership soon so that I can get your Sims 4 items on there, unless you like to add yourself.  Click Here  I don't mean we ever have to use it, but I figured it would be a good backup.

• Administrators

I went ahead and registered. The secret to not getting SFS to time out is to upload stuff between 1AM and 5AM. I think that too many creators are uploading during the day and that is probably why SFS times out.