• Administrators

It's been a scary few days here because we found some weird bumps on Jake. I called the vet to get an appointment and Dave and Jake just got back. 

:cheerleader: Jake's weird bumps are just a minor skin irritation. I have been so stressed and worried because Jake is getting older, he's now 11. Thankfully he is a pretty spirited wee fella for his age. Still doing completely nutty stuff that has us in stitches. His latest goofy move is to go over to the baby gate and let out an extremely loud burp. The look of pride on his face when this feat is accomplished is hilarious to us. He is so proud to be able to burp at the same volume as his daddy. 

I remember a long time ago taking Bailey to the vet for burping like that. I thought he might be having digestive problems. I will never forget Dr Dale's response--"Well Karen, dogs will pick up on things their owners do and this is Bailey imitating something he has learned at home."

I was so embarrassed because I thought she thought I was the one who taught him that. It is NOT me, it's Dave.

Jake got a treat when he got home because it was very stressful for him to have the Vet come out and get him and leaving his daddy in the truck. Dave said when that happened poor Jake was shaking like crazy. To add insult to injury Jake also got his nails trimmed. He will fight you to the death if you try and trim his nails. I swear he would rather risk a Viking funeral than to get his nails trimmed.

He's had his much deserved treat and lots and lots of cuddles and has just gone for a nap. It's so hard being Jake, in fact it's downright exhausting.  :slapLaugh:

• Administrators
On 1/9/2021 at 4:20 PM, Mission Mouse said:

I remember a long time ago taking Bailey to the vet for burping like that. I thought he might be having digestive problems. I will never forget Dr Dale's response--"Well Karen, dogs will pick up on things their owners do and this is Bailey imitating something he has learned at home."

I was so embarrassed because I thought she thought I was the one who taught him that. It is NOT me, it's Dave.

That makes me laugh so hard!  I never heard that - I thought only birds do that :ROLF:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.