Bespoke build set fascia board

Guest Zedd98

Guest Zedd98

Can anyone possibly alter this object: 'Bespoke Fascia Board' to actually resemble a real porch support beam that encompasses and rests on the entire head of the column. Via the snap objects to grid cheat I have managed to achieve something of similar effect by stacking many of them behind eachother. It actually worked quite well., but to be perfect I've realised that all the object needs is to be modified to be wide like a large block. Many thanks!

3PLE4PX.jpegBHswPMx.jpeg

Guest Zedd98

Just to clarify, the column has been made to sit flush with the foundation via the grid cheat. The base of the column from the bespoke set originally pokes out from the foundation. I stacked the fascia boards behind each-other using the grid cheat. The boards were also facing away from me, so the first board sits on the very edge of the floor tile, unlike the original orientation which snaps to the grid with a slight space between the floor tile edge. In other words, would it be possible to make a mesh of a block/beam that snaps to the grid and sits flush with the head of the colum. see pics. 

RzL206k.jpgF2wBccl.jpg

• Administrators

Unfortunately I do not currently have Sims 2 nor the software to make new objects installed.  I don't know if Alet would be available to create this but I do think it would be relatively easy to do.  

Guest Zedd98

Thats such a shame! I remember you did the other alteration to the bespoke set of windows you did for me last year. Im so desperate for this piece

• Administrators

I'm not exactly sure what it is that you want to be done, Zedd.

The problem I have is a bit similar to Rebecah's. I still have  the game on my computer, but  I haven't played for ages; and it's years since I last created something. I'm not even sure I still have SimPe .

So, if you do not get another creator who can do this, you'll have to send me all the relevant files of the item you want to change.

Guest Zedd98

Hi alet,

Essentially I just want a single cohesive block as pictured above, flush with the head of the column. When facing towards you it snaps onto the tile creating a gap. I just want the aforementioned block to snap onto the grid facing away so it's right on-top of the edge of the floor tile. Might sound confusing but it's a very simple mesh, just a plain block. The pictures I think are pretty demonstrative. Thank you for replying at least. you guys are very helpful here

Guest Zedd98

Hey there, I had posted several days prior to this post on Garden of Shadows forum to no avail yet. On second thoughts I dont need any particular orientation on this object when it comes to snapping it to the grid, I can just use the grid cheat. I just need a mesh of a rectangle/block. Here's the bespoke set that contains the bespoke fascia board. I really need this piece. I can maybe commission you if you use Paypal? I dunno, I'm dying for this!! let me know

Best Regards,

Z

• Administrators

Zedd98 did you try to send a file for the bespoke set?  Would you please send me an email address at rebecah@affinitysims.com for yourself so that I can add you as a member.  Your posts as a guest go into approval state and I don't think as a guest you can send a file.  We have a lot of trouble with guests posting things that are not appropriate for our site so we have to approve anything from a guest before it can be seen on site and a guest is very limited in what they can do. 

I found the set here:  https://modthesims.info/d/615151/bespoke-build-set-updated-7-17-2020.html

is that the correct one?

• Administrators

Zedd98, post your request here also  SimPearls has active Sims 2 and I think they are usually very eager to help simmers.  Give them a link to Honeywell's  tou also. They are adament about the creator's permission to alter their meshes.

This is a easy mesh, so I'm sure you'll get someone to help you there.

I'm really sorry, but my situation at the moment is such that I have very little time in front of my computer. Maybe in three weeks time I'll be able to help.

• Administrators

I am going to assume you found someone to do this for you.  I have been trying to install the things I need but I'm not sure Sims 2 will even work on my computer yet.  So if you still need this done please let me know.

• Administrators

I sent you a membership email.  Please let me know if you do not receive it.  

Do you know which file it is you want me to change.  I do think I have everything set up now.

• Administrators

I'm not finding any facia board in the build set.  I'm sorry I guess I do not understand what you want.

Ok I don't know for sure which file this is in but she does call it a facia board in the catalog description.  I see it is really not set to line up correctly.

facia.jpg

• Members

Yep it's just called Bespoke Fascia board. See the pics I posted above and that will tell you the dimensions. Im gonna show you some screenshots of the column that also comes with the build set and it will show you what the dimensions of the column head. Either way it's not a huge deal Ill just use the grid cheat to position the object how i see fit. Im literally just looking for a rectangle block. 

• Members

Here is a sort of cross section demonstating the width of the block. It's about 7-8 fascia boards stacked behind eachother. I know this is a really weird request and certainly esoteric. but it's a simple mesh and its architecturally accurate to how a real porch roof trim would look like. Not a thin board resting the roof's weight ontop of the column

snapshot_00000007_adce7714.jpg

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, zedd98 said:

Yep it's just called Bespoke Fascia board. See the pics I posted above and that will tell you the dimensions. Im gonna show you some screenshots of the column that also comes with the build set and it will show you what the dimensions of the column head. Either way it's not a huge deal Ill just use the grid cheat to position the object how i see fit. Im literally just looking for a rectangle block. 

Ok I'll see if I can come up with something that will work for you.

• Members

you're too cool. ive been making a realistic re-creation of a neighbourhood in Portland, Oregon for like 2-3 years. Thanks to your help with the windows you did for me last year what ive made so far is stunning. I need to show you guys 

• Administrators

I'd love to see your work Zedd!  Unfortunately I am not good at building so I can not get her posts to  work to try to line up what I did make.  

Am I even close to what you want?

Edit:  I added the file so that you can try it in your game, maybe you could take some shots of where you want it to come out...please.

fascia.jpg

Becks-HW_rd-porchFascia_blockstraight.zip

• Members

honestly that is perfect. all it needs is just a lengthening at the bottom so it is flush with the column and is sitting on it. Very small gap (left-hand pic). Thank you so much!! that's all there is for a little tweak to the test mesh you have provided. 

Regards,

snapshot_00000007_2dceb036.jpg

snapshot_00000007_adceb062.jpg

Archived