Dave is so WEIRD!

Mission Mouse

• Administrators

Dave is gone all week, he's not in the US, he's still here in Canada, but he's still gone all week. That means usually by Wednesday I have a very pouty pupper to deal with.

Anyway Dave got home last night and he was exhausted so he went to bed soon after he came in the house. He must have caught up with his sleep because today he is just NUTSO! Seriously he's whacko....he was having a conversation with the broom. :thud:--THE BROOM!

Then while watching a movie he talked to the movie and told them all the stuff he decided they did wrong.

The only normal thing he's done so far is to have a conversation with Jake. Yes that is normal in this house, we both have conversations with Jake except I can translate Jake's replies better since I spend more time with him. I can tell the differences in his barks, and also when he is angry as opposed to simply pouting. I'm not sure, since I never had children, but I think being able to tell the differences is a *Mom* thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Weird Dave is home again. We've had some wicked thunderstorms and a LOT of rain. We even had hail, not very big, but still hail. We are also experiencing a heat wave and wouldn't you know it, our Central Air Conditioning has CROAKED! Tomorrow the company will come out and look at it and hopefully they can fix it. It is still under warranty, but the company that made our unit has gone bankrupt. We don't know if that means our warranty is any good.

Consequently our house is a wee bit on the warm side. Never fear, WEIRD DAVE is here with his WEIRD solution. He shut off the Central Air, (not working anyway) and then he switched on the fan to circulate all the cool air in the basement to the rest of the house. That means ALL the cool air from the basement is now WARM! Then he opened the patio door and the window in his room upstairs which he thinks will result in blowing all the warm air outside. :thud: Now ALL the air in the house is just as hot as the air outside. I tried explaining to him that his solution has just exacerbated the hot air problem, to no avail. I am sitting here like the wicked witch of the west, MELTING!

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader: Three cheers for my WEIRD DAVE! 

• Administrators

.:slapLaugh: So Dave is all grouchy because the side door light that is supposed to turn on when you approach it, didn't turn on when he came home last night. He changed the bulb and then tested it, still didn't turn on. Then he went to the basement and located the correct fuse (yes, house is that old) and put in a new fuse.

Then it happened, the Central Air came on. :slapLaugh: Turns out during those severe thunderstorms the lights flickered on and off a few times and that made that specific fuse croak. Now he has to get up at 6AM to call the company that is supposed to come and repair our unit, that we don't need them.

I'm dying :ROLF: Yep, Repairman Dave bamboozled by a tiny fuse! :ROLF:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Jake-----he just scooped some kibble out of his dish, ran to the other side of the living room, dropped it on the front door mat and is now attacking and chasing his kibble. There is kibble flying everywhere.

I'm not even going to ask him, WHY?:insane:

Archived