Dress Recolor

Guest Marie

Guest Marie

Hello everyone, 

First of all, I sincerely apologize if this is not the right thread for my request, I thought it would be the most appropriate. 

I have always loved this website and its content, but some time ago I lost all the cc I had downloaded. I have managed to recover some of it, but I am missing a piece I really loved : Retropixel’s Citizen Dame Dress recolor by Mission Mouse. It is not available here anymore, but I have looked for it everywhere as it really reminded me of my dear auntie. I have had no luck, and I figured I would give it a last try by asking here. 

If anyone has it and could share it, or knows if our dear Mission Mouse still has it, I would be most glad and thankfulretro-pixels-CitizenDameDress-001.jpg?w=. 

I wish you all a very good day, 

Best wishes from France 

Guest Marie

Oh my gosh! You would do that? You really are most kind... it was my favorite outfit for the sims 4! 

Some of the patterns you had used can be seen here but of course feel free to use any patterns you like, it is already very nice of you to do it again for one desperate lady like me :) Merci beaucoup!! 

• Administrators

I would definitely do that for you Marie. I got the pictures from The Sims Catalogue and I still have those patterns. I also have lots more new patterns as well.

I promise you that I will begin working on this dress tomorrow and hopefully have it ready by sometime next week.

I do requests rarely, but in this case you are just so sweet and I am so very flattered. You had me at *my dear auntie* because I did those to honor  my dearly beloved Aunt Viola. She would most definitely want me to do this for you and I am very happy to do so.

:Thank_you:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Marie, just in case you are checking this request to see what progress I have made....your request will be posted by Saturday at the latest.

When I was doing these recolours I suddenly had this thought, I need to make some recolours from fabrics that actually came from the time period that my Aunt wore dresses like these. I did think that perhaps the Elder Sims will be pleased as well. :Peek-A-Boo:

Guest Marie

Dear Mission Mouse, 

I just saw your reply, it's so kind of you to keep me posted with your progress on the dress ! I am already sure I will love it, just like all your other creations :) I can't really say "thank you" enough ! 

Wishing you all the best from rainy Paris, 

Marie 

• Administrators

Marie, I had a wee accident so the outfit won't be posted until tomorrow.  I have one more folder to finish up in Sims4Studios but I fell and re-injured my right knee. I have to keep it elevated and iced and it's too awkward for me to sit on the sofa and finish the last folder. When I can get the swelling down then I can sit for short times and work on the dress. I am so sorry for this delay.

Guest Marie

Dear Mission Mouse, 

Oh heavens, I hope you are alright !

Please, do not even think about the dress or the delay, just take care of yourself... Health always first ! 

I am so sorry :( 

Wishing you a swift recovery, 

Marie 

• Administrators
On 7/11/2021 at 5:05 AM, Guest Marie said:

Dear Mission Mouse, 

Oh heavens, I hope you are alright !

Please, do not even think about the dress or the delay, just take care of yourself... Health always first ! 

I am so sorry :( 

Wishing you a swift recovery, 

Marie 

I just feel really bad about this delay. I am working on the last folder and making progress, although it is a slow progress. It's actually quite funny because the last folder was an afterthought. I am just determined to finish this because I think the most part of the afterthought was in finding patterns that I think might be time relevant to when my Aunt wore house dresses. Back then women did not wear pants and I have a very clear and vivid memory of Aunt Viola and Aunt Nonni re-papering a bedroom wearing house-dresses. I also remember the big bucket of glue that they had to apply to the back of the wallpaper.

• Administrators

I just have to ask this---Paris? Like Paris, France?

The reason for my asking is that I live in Ontario, Canada and we have a Paris in our province.

If you are from Paris, France, well pick me up off the floor. It's astounding to me that something I did, crossed the ocean.

I may, or may not have :slapLaugh: gone a wee bit overboard. There are 5 packages with 80 dresses in the first 4 and 84 dresses in the last package.

484 recolours, that's not too many is it? :ROLF:

Guest Marie

Dear Mission Mouse, 

I don't think I can find the words to tell you how glad I was when I saw your work as I came home tonight !

What you have done is much, much more than I could have ever imaged in my wildest dreams and I am astonished that you did ALL of that only because of my request, it must have taken you ages ! 

The new patterns are absolutely stunning as well - it's exactly what women wore here in Paris too up to the 70s and it is tied to happy memories for me, as I hope it is tied to happy memories for you as well. 

Gratefully and delightedly yours, 

Marie

Ps : yes, I'm from Paris, France, I didn't know there was a Paris on the other side of the pond too ! I have always wanted to visit Canada, such beautiful natural landscapes... you are very lucky ! :) 

• Administrators

Marie, if you ever do visit Canada you would be most welcome to stay with me, in fact I would consider it an honour. There are so many places I would want to take you to, including other provinces.

Actually it didn't take me too long to make all these and I honestly had so much fun. The time probably flew because while I was working on them, it brought back so many joyous memories. Now all I have to do is to show these to my cousin, Janet. Aunt Viola was her mother and I know she will be touched by this deeply.

Archived