Current Project

• Administrators

I am working on a HUGE new project. It is the Rustic Furniture set, BUT I wanted a complete set so I also included some non-Rustic items.

I redid the University Desk and Chair in the woods I used for the Rustic Furniture. Using those same woods, I also did the Knifty Knitting Rocker. To round thing out I also did some Base Game items in those woods as well.

As I said, this is a HUGE project as every item was redone in 4 wood recolours.

I am still working on the curtains that came with the Pets pack. There are 4 wood recolours that I usually use so it's going to take some time to get them finished in S4S and then uploaded. My plan is to have 4 folders with each complete set in each folder so you can choose which wood recolour you want.

Base Game Items.png

KniftyKnitting.png

NeedsUniversity.png

OutdoorRetreat.png

• Administrators

And our central air conditioning unit just croaked. It is possible that I may be melting.....:ROLF:

I am slowly getting things done in S4S, but it'a a big project and I think it might take me the better part of the week. I am also working on the Wicker Furniture collection but I only recoloured the white, beige and black wicker with patterns. I wanted to use different wicker patterns but I couldn't figure out how to do the shading for the different wickers.

So far the biggest headache was the rocking chair.

• Administrators

The biggest headache.......these curtains from Pets. I am on my fifth correction. :thud: Compared to the Knifty Knitting Rocking chair, yeah, these curtains are making me :insane:

The extremely stubborn Virgo in me, will not let me give up! :ROLF: The other thing I cannot figure out is how to turn the game to get a different angle. I can zoom in and out and go from right to left, but I can't turn and I don't know why. Does playing in Windowed mode have anything to do with that? The picks I need to take for uploading are going to look absolutely horrendous.

2 X 2.png

3 X 2.png

4 X 2.png

Valance.png

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Mission Mouse said:

The picks I need to take for uploading are going to look absolutely horrendous.

Well, I'm still looking forward to see your lovely work, MM!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to recolour the default baby bassinette and I cannot find any kind of tutorial that takes me through, step by step.

Right now I am an angry Marvin the Martian

Marvin-The-Martian-Angry-4-5-Vinyl-Decal-Stickers.jpg

• Administrators

:blush: I feel a tad bit stupid....I got the Beta version that Origin put out and it's the original version that is needed to play the game properly. That was the solve I needed to resolve the picture taking.

As for the curtains, all my efforts paid off and I have just one set left to make in S4S, and I still have to make the toddler bed and then pick a curtain for the patterns I am going to use.

What I did not want to do was to use a Custom Content item for a bed for the babies but I see no other way to solve that issue. I found a crib that I think will work quite well but I am still a tad bit disappointed.

• Administrators

:ExcitedSmiley: I GOT IT!!!!

In S4S in the object section, there is a button that says *Overide* The bassinette shows up in S4S when you select that option. :thud:

I've never selected that option mostly because I had no idea how it worked. :slapLaugh: I didn't want to mess up anything. However after being up most of the day yesterday and all night last night, it hit me---TRY THAT OPTION!

I near fell off my chair when the bassinette showed up.

• Administrators

Now I am having FUN! :ExcitedSmiley:  I do have to pick a curtain set for the toddler-kid bed and the basinette. First I read that you could only have 4 recolours in a new default basinette, then I found someone who made 20 recolours and they all show up in the game. Then at MTS I learned that you can also recolour the baby outfit, but the last Origin update borked the baby outfits. Someone else made a fix, but it's a really long process and I'm not sure I want to give that a shot. Someone else supposedly made a stand-alone, non-default bassinette, but I couldn't find it. For now I'm on enough of a new learning curve and I want to get comfortable with that first.

• Administrators

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but my bassinetted recolours have this black part.....may take a while before I get this right.

On a completely different topic, at MTS I found the most beautiful farm I have ever seen and I may wind up playing this game after all.

No CC-Medieval Farm made by plumbobkingdom  HERE

In my opinion, this is the BEST lot ever built and the ONLY lot that makes me want to actually play Sims 4.

• Administrators

Check your mask files, or shadow files.  

Wow, that is a beautiful farm MM.  I wish I could understand what he is saying in the video.  I don't think I have all the expansions needed for the farm.  :(

• Administrators

Sometimes there are hidden things that are in the file too, but I can't really explain it.  I am starting my game to see which expansions I don't have, and it is doing a huge update.  I haven't started the game in a really long time.  Unfortunately with Brian's new schooling and my having been so sick the last few days which has put him even farther behind, I am so cramped for time.  :(  

I don't have Cottage Living which I can tell is requires.  I don't have The Star Wars and Dream Home Packs nor any of the Kits.

I am concerned about the huge jump in price for the software we are using for our website too.  I'm not sure what to do about that right now, but it was a huge disappointment to read that email.  We can use it without updating the license every 6 months, but it's not really safe.  

I hate how starting the Sims 4 game deletes lots of files and my Google Drive goes a bit crazy about along with my one drive.  :(

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Mission Mouse said:

On a completely different topic, at MTS I found the most beautiful farm I have ever seen and I may wind up playing this game after all.

That really is a gorgeous farm. I have it downloaded and it looks fantastic, but I found it hard to play.

5 hours ago, Rebecah said:

Unfortunately with Brian's new schooling and my having been so sick the last few days which has put him even farther behind, I am so cramped for time.

I'm so sorry you are not well, Beck!  Home schooling kids, are not an easy task!  My daughter is also home schooling her kids. I tried to help where I can, but I have no training in teaching primary school kids and no idea how to do it :(  I have 40 years teaching experience but always for senior high school.

5 hours ago, Rebecah said:

I hate how starting the Sims 4 game deletes lots of files

That is weird! I wonder why  that's happening.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, MaAlet said:

That is weird! I wonder why  that's happening.

Every time the game starts it removes the save game files and a bunch of other files.  I've looked to see what they are and when the game ends it does the same thing, or similar.  I thought I had the Sims 4 folder not set to keep in sync, but I guess I was wrong.  I really dislike this feature of the game.

• Administrators

That happened to me when I used their BETA version, but it hasn't happened to me since I stopped using that version.

As for the bassinette, it has a mask file. but no shadow file. I did come across a weird explanation about the bassinette, it and the baby are treated as objects even though the Sims interact with the baby. I don't understand the explanation, but that is what I found. I'm not sure but I think because Sims have interactions with objects that this is the way the interactions work with the infant. I think it might have something to do with the infant not being able to walk and stuff like that. Until the infant transitions into a toddler all they can do is eat, cry and dirty their diaper. The game simply does not recognize the infant as a Sim until it ages up.

I still can't get the bassinette to recolour properly so I may wind up using a crib I found but all CC Cribs need that invisible baby mod and I am having trouble finding that.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, MaAlet said:

That really is a gorgeous farm. I have it downloaded and it looks fantastic, but I found it hard to play.

Mostly I just want that farm to use to display the furniture I make, but it is still a strong temptation to actually play the game.