Current Project

• Administrators

I learned something new and boy was it an eye opener. Just because I can only work in SFS for a bit at a time, due to the fact I get bored.....I thought I would attempt to recolour that Hipster Set. DO NOT and I cannot stress this strongly enough, DO NOT use plaids! :scare3: One of my worst ideas ever. :thud:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
On 11/14/2021 at 9:24 AM, Rebecah said:

I'm doing ok Alet

That is great news, Beck!:1hug:

I'm starting to feel my age :grin: To do anything takes me so much longer, so I can only do maybe a quarter of what I used to do and then I'm totally drained  :(   I'm systematically  sorting through my stuff and getting rid of all those I hadn't used for a year and more. It's not easy, because I am sentimental :blush: But it needs to be done!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Sorry to take so long to respond, plaid patterns went quite wonky. It was funny, but not something I would upload.

I got my second Covid vaccination yesterday and it's been nothing like the first one. The first one, I never even felt the needle go in, this time around, YIPES!

Last time only my upper arm was sore, this time, my entire arm throbs.  I am happy though to be fully vacinated. I'm still not going to rush out to eat at a restaurant, or be a social bunny.

I have to redo the dining chair, living room chair loveseat and sofa that I had already finished for my Get Together collection. The dining chair is 256X512 and all the rest of the seatings are 512X512. What that meant was the loveseat and sofa was laid out oddly and the pattern reversed itself at the halfway point. I did not like the way that made things look. Stripes are pretty much the best option of having the pattern be continous and not chopped in half.

Jake got a new stuffed toy because I had to leave him alone when I went for my shot. As hard as he has been trying he just canot shake the stuffing out of this one. Plus this toy goes where Jake goes, outside, upstairs, everywhere! It is hilarious to watch him struggle to get the toy up the steps. He's not always successful and I have to go and get it for him because he whines when he can't get it all the way upstairs. We had a long play session with the new toy so he is now napping.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I got all those seatings finished in paint shop and the first set if also completed in S4S. I still have ti put them in my game and take pictures before I can upload. I was curious to see how many tiems there would be in one file-:scare3:

I seriously have to choose a LOT less patterns.

• Administrators

:scare3: So I got that first set in my game and I HATE it. Back to the drawing board, again.

I don't play the game because my attention span is incredibly small. One teeny interruption, especially if I get called away, and I forget everything. I killed way too many Sims2 characters due to that problem. My phone is behind me and if Dave calls I forget to pause the game and then things just happen. One time in Sims2, I accidently killed Dave and as we were talking, I noticed he had kicked the bucket and I started crying my eyes out. I had to explain that I had just killed him in the game because he distracted me. I know I could have exited the game without saving, but I was way too upset and forgot that could be done.

On a side note, Dave gave Jake a ticket today for bringing too much snow into the house. Jake was chasing his ball in the snow, on the deck and also rolling on the snow. He came in just covered from head to toe in snow and Dave wanted to know who would have to remove all that snow. I told him that he was the one who worked for a snow removal company, so I was leaving it up to the professional to do the job. Not my brightest or proudest moment......but it was one of my funny moments. :ROLF: 

• Administrators

Oh I just click the pause option and save the game very often.  I do not play for very long at a time, but I do just keep my game open for hours at a time.  I mainly test my mods.  When something happens in the game like say I forgot to pause it or something then I just go back to the main menu and do not save the game.  I recently had the girl I was playing with die so I just got out of the game and didn't save it.  I really hate how the game will kill a sims from time to time.  One of my rabbits recently died and I have no idea why.  I have the aging turned off, most of the time.  Right now I'm trying to get my chicks to age up so I have the farm animals aging on, but I'm not sure it is working.

Jake sure brings a lot of joy to all of us.  As well as you for telling us his wonderful stories.  

• Administrators

I cut the number of patterns drastically from 100 to 25, for the Get Together set.

I am also so happy cause Dave took my desktop in to get it fixed and the store is transferring all the files on my desktop to an external drive. That means that ALL my Sims2 files are going to be saved!  :AF1ChickenKip003:

I loved playing Sims2 because I could have all my sims as farmers. They never had to leave home to go to work. The only problem I had was it took the game almost 1 hour to fully load, yep--I had that many files :ROLF: While I waited for the game to load, I got a lot of housework done.  The thing with Sims2 was that it had so many amazing creators and I don't think any of them transitioned to Sims4. I'm finding it harder and harder to find Sims4 item I want to recolour. I am also dealing with a pretty bad case of SAD-Seasonal Affective Disorder. My mood these days is pretty much down in the dumps and I'm finding it difficult to summon up the energy to do anything. I am also sleeping way more than I should be. I just can't seem to keep my eyes open, so off Jake and I go for a naps. Jake loves napping :zzsoft: He sleeps all night, gets up to go outside, then has a morning nap, gets up from that to go outside, eats a wee bit, then goes for his afternoon nap.When he gets up from that, we eat supper and he goes a bit bananas with whatever toy he is in the mood to play with. It's a toss up between a ball and his stuffed lambchop. So far he has demolished 4 lambchops. The number of balls he has destroyed is probably in the hundreds. I don't understand his logic with his toys, the balls all squeak and he sits there and constantly squeaks them, but all his stuffed toys also squeak and he never squeaks them. Then he goes for his before bedtime nap.

I feel so sorry for him having such a hard life that he needs to nap so often. It must be so difficult to be adorkable, cuddly, affectionate and silly every day. :slapLaugh:

• Administrators

That's wonderful news MM about your computer and the files.  I think 25 patterns is still an awful lot but much better then 100.  

It doesn't take an hour for Sims 4 to load but it does take an awful long time that's why I don't close it very often.

LOL yep it really sounds like he has such a hard life.  

• Administrators

If I can get my butt in gear I may have a cute surprise just in time for Christmas. I was busy in S4S and I had what one might call an *ephinay*

Rebecah, I think you misunderstood me, it took Sims2 an hour to load. I don't keep any of the files I made for Sims4 in the game because I don't play it.

We got more of that beautiful fluffy snow, might have a white Christmas here for a change. Naturally Jake needs to examine this new snow quite a lot.  It requires a lot of rolling around in it, possibly to make sure it doesn't disappear. Jake gets pretty peppy when there is snow on the deck for him to play in and he also has to take his Lambchop or ball to play with in the snow. This morning he took his ball out there and when he'd had enough, he so thoughtfully brought his ball back inside and presented it to me. I think I'm supposed to warm the ball up, but that is so NOT happening. :scare3:

• Administrators

Oh I knew you were talking about Sims 2, but Sims 4 takes quite awhile to load too.  :)

We got some snow too, but it is suppose to rain tomorrow and be in the 40's.  I hope he enjoys the snow while he can.  :)

• Administrators

The temperature is rising, so probably we won't be having a white Christmas.

When I was a child, like a billion years ago, I remember my uncle getting out the tobbogan, the three of us kids getting on it and he pulled us back to the bush on their property. He would search for the perfect tree, chop it down and put it on the tobbogan and us three kids would walk beside him back to the house. He put the tree up in the living room and closed the door and we were not allowed in. I think we just went back outside to play in the snow. That night which was Christmas Eve, the door to the living room would be opened and our eyes would get big with wonder and excitement.

There before us was a beautifull fully decorated tree with the presents underneath. We' walk into the living room and sit on the couch. Then the presents would be handed out and we would tear into them.

Those memories are some of the best ones I have as Christmas memories.

The next morning which was Christmas Day, after breakfast we got dressed in our Sunday best and went to church.

As teenagers my cousins Janet and Carol and I would go to Midnight Mass even though we were not Catholic. Father Joe and my dad were well acquainted and enjoyed chatting on occasion, so Father Joe knew me the minute we crossed the threshold. He'd always wink at me and say, "Maybe in the New Year Karen?" What he meant was that I would join the Catholic Church. Just the thought of having to confess my sins was enough to make me never convert. :ROLF:

• Administrators

I am so frustrated, I cannot get the house to turn properly to take pictures of the Get Together set. :confused22:

This is one of the reasons I don't play Sims 4.

On an extremely happy note, Staples (computer store) were able to get ALL my Sims 2 files off the dying desktop hard drive and transfer them to an external hard drive. I was so happy to see everything was not lost that I :cry:

• Administrators

I know what you mean as far as Sims 4 and the lots etc.  :(

Wow, that is wonderful MM!  I'm so happy for you.

I really would not worry about taking too many pics, I think people know your work well enough that they will download the items and check them out for themselves.