Current Project-Take 2

• Administrators

I locked the previous update topic cause it was getting a tad bit long.

I found what I think is the coolest outfit ever....there are 2 versions, a long dress and a short dress.

The long dress was converted from sims 4 to Sims 2 by MDP.

DeeDee did her magic and converted  that to Teens and Elders. 

Then DeeDee did another magnificant, she converted this same outfit to a shorter length for Adults, Teens and Elders.  DeeDee is the absolute BEST! 

Screen Shot 002.PNG

tumblr_460b6d018d553f1797e1e294b37d8418_9f710898_640.png

tumblr_591a3d1f5d519b721561de59431feb2b_728a0a81_640.png

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

I've been messing around with the long dress. If you look at the short dress, the middle part on the dress is a different colour. I wanted to see if I could make that part the same colour and have only the top have the pattern. This is the result. I prefer the bottom part of the dress to be 1 solid colour. Sometimes a pattern will stretch and then to me that looks wonky.

Image11.jpg

Image12.jpg

• Administrators

I'm not sure what my favourite colour is blue or red. These days I usually wear black.

I tinkered around with that dress some more and made the sleeves semi-transparent, but that is a lot of extra work

and these days I am just not that ambitious.

I remember a long time ago, a dress I liked in Sims 2 had a neckline that was far too low for me and I know

I did something to fix that, but for the life of me I can't remember what I did.

It is snowing here yet again, and that means Jake has to go outside to roll in the snow a gazillion times a day.

I feel like I have just sat down and I have to get up again just to let him in and out. Since Dave is home today, I decided that it was his turn to cater to Jake. After the 5th time of getting up, Dave looks at me and asks how long does this go on. I told him, it goes on for a long time and Jake delays his usual naps to do this as well. Can't remember ever when I've heard Dave sigh like that. :ROLF:

• Administrators

Nothing to do with Sims---Jake gave us a horrible scare and we had to rush him to the vet. :thud:  His gums were a pasty white which is not a good thing. The vet couldn't find any internal bleeding and isn't sure why his gums were so white. They have taken some blood and sent it off for testing.

Now the wait, worry and praying begins. :Smiley10-1:

The weird part is that his gums have now returned to their normal colour and his energy has returned. I forgot to also say that he just kept flopping back on the floor when we tried to wake him up.

He will be 13 this year and is considered a senior dog. Supposedly a mixed breed small dog can live a bit longer than a purebred.

Yes, I do admit to being a helicopter fur baby mom. I do check him daily and massage him daily as well. He gives the best cuddles so as far as I am concerned he deserves the best life possible that we can give him. Those puppy dog eyes, that side eye look, his old man grunts and groans, his snoring, his ultra cute burps and his huge smile, I cannot imagine what ife for Dave and I will be like without him. His burps are hilarious, they can be a soft wee burp to this LOUD burp, that means he just made room for more food so hand the food you have over! 

He had bedhead this afternoon when he woke up from his nap.  :ROLF: Apparently I was not supposed to laugh at him. :mad:

• Administrators

He seems fine, just not as much energy today as usual. He ate a good dinner of poached chicken and then went back to sleep. I have noticed that since yesterday he can no longer climb the stairs. He just sits at the bottom of the stairs and cries :cry:until Dave or I go and get him and carry him up.

The last year of his life, Bailey was the same, just couldn't do the stairs. We just carried him up and down and reassured him it was ok that he needed our help.

I have asked Dave to build a carpeted ramp so Jake can get back some of his independence. The carpet will give him traction.

I think it may also make him happier that he can go up and down the steps when he wants to.

I am working on Jake's second covid hair cut---he is not impressed at all. He is being good about it and lets me know by pushing his head under my chin, that he has had enough. :389-Amours-love-: The vet did offer to try and fix his wonky haircut but that would mean giving him a sedative so I declined her offer with thanks. :ROLF: She did trim his nails though and that made me deleriously happy. I refuse to traumatize him by trying to trim his nails. He fights me and screams bloody murder.  :mad: I do not know what the vet does, but Jake is still happy to see her even after she trims his nails. It's probably some super duper Vet secret and she have to kill me if she told me. :slapLaugh:

• Administrators

She doesn't give him anything to relax him to trim his nails, she just gives him this look and he seems to know not to fight.

Oddly enough, Jake is back to running up and down the steps. I think he scammed us to get extra treats and hugs and kisses. Dogs do scams like this because they usually work, especially if one person doesn't know that the other person has already given them a treat. This happens a lot in our house because Dave and I rarely get up at the same time and Jake gets a treat if he goes outside and does his business.

OK, back to a cool outfit, which would not let me take a picture of it. However I found out that it has 2 versions, one with tights and the other without. The one with tights has sheer black tights so I made some black and white outfits with the sheer black tights and then a bunch of other outfits with no tights.

Now I have maybe 4 outfits to make in Bodyshop and since Dave got called into work tonight to remove snow, tomorrow he will be sleeping all day. That means NO interruptions and I can get most of them finished.

I am back to my usual predicament, way too many recolours. :ROLF:

• Administrators

I tweaked the above outfit. I wanted the tie and buttons to be one solid colour. I am almost ready to upload 4 Sims 2 outfits.

Currently I am listening to 2 snoring boys. I am silently singing *The Sounds of Silence* in my head. :slapLaugh:

• Administrators

I am so close to uploading new Sims 2 outfit recolours. I found one I just adore but it has the weirdest problem, it's a skirt and blouse as a top and bottom, BUT they only work with each other. They do not work with other skirts or tops. I was trying to find a solution so that the ones I make will match each other and I think the best that I can do is to use that *TIP* section and put in the name of the pattern. I just have no idea what else to do.  :confused22:

I had such a lovely evening again last night with BOTH buzz saws at MAXIMUM volume. It has to be a male thing :slapLaugh:

• Administrators

I don't believe this, another outfit I found, a skirt and blouse set has the exact same problem. If I didn't like them both so much, I'd scrap them.

We got so much snow last night. It's level with Jake's underneathy bits, which makes it a bit of a challenge when he needs to go potty. It's absolutely hilarious watching him try and figure out how to protect his vulnerable body part from coming into contact with the cold snow.

He got the job done and then went bonkers with the ball he took outside. That ball flew all over the deck and he had a blast pouncing on where he thought it went into the snow. He somewhat resembled the Abominal Snowman  when he finally came inside and also brought a ridiculous amount of snow inside as well.

Dave did snow removal last night. He started at 11pm and didn't get home until 3 o'clock this afternoon. That's 16 hours of snow removal, yep, we got a lot of snow yesterday. Dave has to go in tonight for 11pm, so he and Jake are upstairs :sleep2:

2e3c135904d37100b8572fa94c3ab629.jpg

• Administrators

Awe, poor Jake!  It does sound like he was having some fun inspire of all the snow though.

I wouldn't want something that I would have to find the bottom or particular top to match up myself.  These should have been made into a single outfit...just my 2 cents.

• Administrators

I actually agree with you. I made a few test ones in Bodyshop, and that *TIP* button worked great with me putting the pattern name in it.

I would rather have had these 2 sets as complete outfits, but they do look good when matched together. It just makes it a pain to hunt for the matching piece.

If I hadn't already put so much time and effort into the darn thing, I would scrap it. :thud:

It rained most of yesterday so all that snow we got mostly melted. Then mid afternoon it started snowing again and we got pretty much the same amount of snow as yesterday. We just never get this much snow. The people next door come from somewhere they don't get snow, and their adult son is just disgusted with this amount.

He doesn't like shoveling it, but when Dave got home in the sfternoon, he was still driving the plow and he plowed their driveway and ours. The son was so happy he was almost crying. Now Dave will hug male family members, but he and his buddies DO NOT hug. That's a big NO NO for that group of men. (Tough old biker guys, don'tcha know--really they are just big ole teddy bears. They just like pretending they are tough.) Dave told me he was afraid that the son was going to try and hug him. :ROLF:

• Administrators

It is sad to have put so much work into these projects.  :(

Now this really made me laugh so hard it brought tears to my eyes...the hugging part not all the snow.  We've been pretty fortunate and only get a little snow.  South of us they've had a lot but it just seems to keep missing where I live.  Thank the lord!

I am so sorry that you are having problems with your project. It is hard when you put so much work in but I hope you will solve it.

I am not much into hugging others than family members so I understand, but it was funny to imagine. We have got so much snow this year. I am so happy that we get help from a neighbor who is a farmer and has a tractor with a bucket. We still have problems with where he should unload the snow because the piles are already so big. I think we have got around 15 inches snow this winter and I hope we won't get more.

• Administrators

I am not a hugger. I just don't care for anyone encroaching into my personal space. Jake has no understanding of personal space, but I do love his hugs and kisses. Besides Jake invades my personal space whenever he wants. It does come at a bit of a shock when he wakes my up with a tongue washing my eyes. :scare3:

I decided that I have already put so much time and effort into those 2 outfits that I am going to finish them. I am too stubborn for my own good.

Almost all of the snow we got has melted, but the weather station says we are getting more snow. It remains to be seen, just how much we will get. Currently Dave is home 24/7 and since his truck is broke down, he can't go anywhere. Me-:insane: 

He is extremely bored which also makes him extrememly irritable. I am so thankful for Net flix and Amazon Firestick. He can pick out whatever he wants to watch, or more specifically, whatever he feels like falling asleep to. :ROLF:

That last thing sounds like my husband. Fortunately I have my TV and he have his and in separate rooms. We only have a couple TV shows we like to watch together, our taste is very different when it comes to movies and tv-series.