Current Project-Take 2

• Administrators

I thought that as well Rebecah, but there arre some files that for some reason when I try to resize them from 1024 to 512 automatically crash my paint program. I'll figure it out eventually, I just don't know what happened to change things like that.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

I had that problem with my paint program for awhile myself.  It was like there just wasn't enough memory to handle the resize.  It seems like I had to use something else to resize the image like MS paint.

• Administrators

I just wonder if maybe your Graphics Rules.sgr might have a wrong setting.  I had a terrible time getting Sims 2 to work again so my bodyshop would not work.  I finally got it working and my image files are 512x512 that a project creates.  My Graphics Rules.sgr settings from the beginning are as follows.  

#############################################################################
#
# Logging settings
#

set logGroup           "ConfigurationManager"
set logLevelWarning    warning
set logLevelInfo       info
set logLevelDebug      debug

log $logGroup $logLevelInfo "Parsing configuration script"

#############################################################################
#
# Constants
#

seti Off 0
seti On  1

seti Low    1
seti Medium 2
seti High   3

seti MediumButDefaultLow 4

seti memoryLevelHigh    512
seti memoryLevelMedium  384
seti memoryLevelLow     256
seti memoryLevelUnknown 0

Make sure the line I have marked in yellow on yours says 512.

• Administrators

The first picture--it says 18 items. This is how my folders look when I open them. This just happened today and I have googled and googled for a way to get that end section to disappear. I can't find anything that helps me and this is seriously messing me up. It is an entirely separate section and even though it has a divider, that divider cannot be moved.

I did NOT downlaod anything, nor have I updated windows 10. This XXXX thing has just appeared out of nowhere and

I HATE IT!!! 🤬

The second picture is the beginning of that folder, and the first picture is the end of the folder. I cut out the middle of the folder.

I am so fed up with trying to fix this and getting nowhere.

• Administrators
On 5/10/2022 at 5:35 AM, MaAlet said:

MM, does this only happen with your Sims related files?

No Alet, it happens with every folder I have. It really ticks me off when I am in Sims2 Bodyshop and I have the projects file open, and also the files where I have all my recolours to make my new stuff so I can upload it. It's made my files all a tad bit smaller so that darn thing at the end is also a part of what I open. I can still make my stuff in Bodyshop, it's just that this extra space that I hate. When I looked into it, it was explained that this is *Windows File Explorer* Now it can be turned off, BUT you lose necessary files, so turning it off is not an option. There is not an option to hide that extended part. At least not one that I could find.

• Administrators

:ExcitedSmiley: I got rid of it!!!! Stupid thing is called a *Preview Pane* If you click on that button, that extended section disappears!!! I had no idea it was called something. :blush:

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Rebecah said:

Oh my goodness I never heard of this. I'm really proud of you for figuring it out.

Wow! I agree with Beck! :appl2: I also never heard about that.

I was concerned that might have a virus on your pc I am so thankful you resolved the problem! Good for you!

• Administrators

I have an excellent paid virus protection installed and I have it set up to scan my laptop on a daily basis. It does have a free version but because I upload things for others to download, I take that as my responsibility to provide a download that is virus free. It was recommended to me by an IT professional when I was discussing with him what I did. :ROLF: Turned out this guy's wife is a huge Sims 2 fan and was jealous that he knew *MissionMouse* :slapLaugh:

Now this was a hilarious situation because I was overwhelmed to find I actually had *fans*

He called his wife from his workplace and told her he had a surprise for her and then put the phone on speaker phone. That was the most hilarious phone call I have ever had. She kept saying, "NO, you are not MissionMouse" and I kept saying "I can't believe I have fans" To prove to her I was who I said I was, I told her what my next 2 uploads would be. Only thing was, I forgot to ask her what was her name. :thud:

• Administrators

OH MY GOSH!!!!

I just found out that my next door neighbour works for a freah food delivery service. He has no idea we are about to become besties!!  :ROLF: And NO, not for free things, it's just going to be so awesome that I can order foods that I like without Dave grouching. I like my vegetables, Dave not so much. I like different fruits than Dave. This is just so awesome cause I can order things without asking Dave to make a grocery run just for stuff I like!

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Mission Mouse said:

"I can't believe I have fans"

:appl2: That is awesome MM!  Well, I am one of your fans :389-Amours-love-:

23 hours ago, Mission Mouse said:

I have an excellent paid virus protection installed

That is very important. May I ask which virus protector?

Wow! we have more than 50 "Guests"  online right now :55:

15 hours ago, Mission Mouse said:

This is just so awesome cause I can order things without asking Dave to make a grocery run just for stuff I like!

haha! Enjoy!!

Archived