If Anybody Was Curious

Edward

• Members

For those that didn't know, I'm gay......

I had a partner, Phil. We were together for 22 years. He died June 23, 2013.

He was 66.

071513123945_zpseaf258ec.jpg

He's been on my mind the last few days...

A real life picture I thought I'd share

Naomi says it so well:

I'm glad you felt comfortable sharing. I hope you find a little peace with your loss in between those memories that are present in your mind lately. It is really tough to lose people we love and care about. While everyone faces loss throughout their lives, knowing this doesn't make the losses easier. I hope your family and friends continue to give you support during this time - sometimes people think it is easy to move on, but the sadness of the losses linger as long as we have memories. Hopefully you have many memories that also allow you to smile.

:Empathy:

• Members

Thank you!

I've got my happy memories. I still sit here and smile every now and then. 

But every now and then, I have to take a walk and figure out where 22 years went. I still can't figure it out.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is always hard to lose someone that you love and have had close for many years. Cherish the happy memories and eventually it will feel a little easier, even if the sadness is always there.

• Administrators

I am so sorry for your loss, but happy that you shared your story and picture. It's amazing how the time seems to go slow when you are younger and then all of a sudden one day you wonder where the time went. I'm 55 and constantly wonder how I got to be this age so fast. You are in my prayers. :icon_hug:

• Members

I'll tell you what one of things I still  can't get over......

I was talking to him Thursday night. He was doing fine but his voice kept on changing tone wise. Normal to deeper.

Friday afternoon, the hospital calls. They rushed him over there. (He was in a rehab hospital because he had bad legs)

Sunday he died.

I couldn't talk to him nor see him. I wasn't immediate family. My temper exploded. 22 years has to mean and stand for something.

I got some info. Yay me!

He was rushed to the hospital for kidney failure. The tone of his voice was the giveaway. I told the nurse about it. They were going to do something called C-Pac on him. That's the oxygen mask that looks like a football helmet.

On top of that, his blood pressure dropped drastically. Every time they put him on dialysis, it wiped out the blood pressure medication. So, they tried to double it. Still didn't work.

Next thing I knew he died. 

He was cremated and buried in Oregon. He did want to be buried with his mom and dad but couldn't. Can't have three people buried in the same plot. So, he's buried directly across the street from them. And, he still gets to keep his independence.

Almost a year later and I'm still on this roller coaster of emotions. 

• Administrators

I can't begin to imagine what the loss of your partner is like. My husband and I have been together for 21 years this year and I cannot imagine what my life would be like without him. I confess to being completely selfish, I want to pass first.

You are still in my prayers. :Empathy:

• Creator

I am so sorry for your loss. It is always hard to lose someone that you love and have had close for many years. Cherish the happy memories and eventually it will feel a little easier, even if the sadness is always there.

I agree with what Marbi said here...Time will ease your pain some....though I cannot imagine my husband of 31 years going before I do, and living with such a loss. So sorry for your loss.