My Husband And The Fawn

• Creator

Thought everyone might get a kick out of this...My husband just called me from work. (He operates a grader for our county) There is a little fawn not much bigger than what our Emma was, and it will not leave him alone...its Mama is in the woods, but the youngster came up to my husband and licked his nose. and then proceeded to sniff out every inch of the grader and then curled up right behind the big front tire. Jeff turned the grader on hoping it might scare the little guy away, but it just jumped up and walked up to the cab and looked at Jeff.

BTW: My husband is allergic to deer hide! If he touches it, he'll blow up like a balloon...I asked him about the deer licking his nose, and Jeff said so far no allergic reaction.

So...now, my husband cannot grade the road unless he puts the fawn inside the grader with him and risks a reaction to its hide...or he calls his boss to come out and hang onto the little fawn until he is finished grading....I told him to use his gloves, and carry the fawn into the woods with near where he saw Mama...He said he tried that, but it just followed him back out to the grader!

Is this adorable or what?

UPDATE:

Mama bleated and the baby ran to her, but then a few hours later Jeff saw a van stop and pick the fawn up and take it so he called the DNR and reported it (this is illegal to do)...The two people in the van knew the fawn had a Mama since she was there.

He said the doe kept running back out by the road looking for its baby for the rest of the day.

Jeff even seen the van pull into a driveway and leave, so he went to the front door and spoke with the lady inside and told her what the people in the van did, and told her it was illegal. He then asked if she would call the woman who was driving the van, and the lady said she would be in class by the time she called (so she refused to call her)...So then he asked if she also knew the man who was the passenger, and when she said she did, he asked if she would call him then, and the woman told him that the man could barely use a phone...In other words...she wasn't going to call him. So Jeff decided to report them.

BTW: the woman Jeff spoke with gave the woman who took the fawn a large box.

I just don't get people!

I would not be so angry if they had picked it up thinking they were saving it, but they saw the mama right there...and it is a dead end road with only 3 houses on it!   :scare3:

post-13101-0-35710900-1401403329_thumb.j

post-13101-0-97377500-1401403378_thumb.j

post-13101-0-63549200-1401403466_thumb.j

post-13101-0-14267600-1401403515_thumb.j

post-13101-0-19035700-1401403577_thumb.j

post-13101-0-53588300-1401403647_thumb.j

post-13101-0-55062000-1401403708_thumb.j

post-13101-0-38862900-1401403751_thumb.j

post-13101-0-33432400-1401403815_thumb.j

post-13101-0-64804900-1401403882_thumb.j

• Creator

The DNR officer said he would call us as soon as he locates the fawn.

I used to work with the DNR sometimes when I worked as a zoning officer on cases where there was junk dumped on state land, they really are good at what they do, and have always called me to let me know when cases were solved. They will likely issue the woman a ticket with a hefty fine. I just pray the little guy is alright...and the poor doe...Jeff said she was frantic!

• Creator

*UPDATE ON THE FAWN*

post-13101-0-19035700-1401403577.jpg

The conservation officer called this morning to tell us that the fawn has been returned to his Mama!
Hopefully Mama will keep a close eye on him, and maybe teach him to avoid human beings from now on.

Isn't it sad to think that wild animals like this need to avoid us for their own safety?
Once upon a time we walked side by side with the animals...they weren't afraid of us, didn't need to be. 
This is just another reminder of how much was lost because of sin.

All the animals of the earth, all the birds of the sky, all the small animals that scurry along the ground, and all the fish in the sea will look on you with fear and terror. I have placed them in your power. Gen. 9:2 

God provided a perfect world for us to live in, with plenty of good food taken from the earth. Animals were not our food, neither did we need their skins for clothing....And then the devil showed up and the first man and woman chose to listen to him instead of to God...Now everything in this world is unbalanced!

But things will not always be like this.

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the
first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and 
 the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, 

coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud 
voice from the throne saying,

Lisa, I started crying about the fawn's return but mostly because of this:

Isn't it sad to think that wild animals like this need to avoid us for their own safety?
Once upon a time we walked side by side with the animals...they weren't afraid of us, didn't need to be. 
This is just another reminder of how much was lost because of sin.

and then this:

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the
first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and   the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem,

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."

I agree with Naomi also.

My heart is rejoicing and my body has released some of the unconscious tension it held.

• Creator

The mama deer was so exhausted at the end of the day, Jeff said she was walking up and down that road with her head hung and tongue out...We went back the next morning really early to see if she was still there...We saw her footprints up and down and circling all over the road!

The officer said he only spoke with the woman who said she did not know why she took the fawn...he said he knew her, and did not understand why she would do this either since she has a small farm with a lot of different animals, and says she is an animal lover...He said she was warned. I told him I sure hope the warning will deter her from doing something like this again. What she put that poor doe through!   :mad:

• Creator

Naomi, you are so right! The person who did this seems to not have much wisdom or even common sense...and this is based on what people know of her...as well as what she did! I am not the most intelligent woman myself, but I have noticed that there are a lot of really mentally challenged folks who live in these parts...Some seem not to have had any type of training growing up...and others are maybe just that way because of DNA or whatever...But, talking to such people (I know from experience when I was working)...Is like speaking to a small child oftentimes. Unfortunately this means that they can do harm...Some of these people are actually burning down their homes, and even our forests up here because they are trying to cook Meth, which is common in these parts as well....And in most of those cases, there's small children in the home! So, this is the mentality we are dealing with around this area.

We are not well-off, or even middle class, but many of the low income people who live in this county are not very responsible citizens...but then again, we have had more than a couple publicized cases where very wealthy business owners ended up in local or even federal prisons for their crimes too...It all boils down to whether or not a person, regardless of income or other status are decent people or not...or whether they are mentally/emotionally impaired to the point where they cannot be expected to behave responsibly.

This is probably why I never leave my house...at least not alone. I don't trust people.