Completed - Sims Pet Stories

INateYou

• Members

I'm not sure if anyone here ever played Sims Pet Stories, but I'm playing it now and there's so much awesome stuff that wasn't included in Sims 2 Pets. I'll include some screenshots so you can see it. What I'm wondering, since Sims Pet Stories and Sims 2 are built on the engine, if it would be possible to 'transfer', in a sense, these items from Pet Stories to Sims 2. Or if it would be possible to convert them with the animations. I've seen some crazy awesome stuff that people have made for Sims 2 from Sims 3, so my hopes are high, but I've never actually dabbled in CC making myself, so I have no idea how hard it would be.

vk5ukSq.png

yd4CsSg.png

j8Hg3oz.png

4OrrVot.png

So would something like this be possible or not?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I never realized Sims Pet Stories was this different from Sims 2 Pets either. I thought they made it because it was the most popular Sims 2 expansion and they made these specifically for people with laptops. So when I started playing it recently I was like wow, I can't believe this isn't in Sims 2, or even Sims 3 for that matter.

• Administrators

When Pet Stories came out I had intended to see if I couldn't convert some of the pet items, but there really never seemed to be a lot of interest in the pets for Sims 2.  I have a few projects I am working on and I don't currently have Pet Stories installed, but I will look into this request when I get time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I would need the pretty much the full folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Life Stories\TSData, only for Pet Stories.

I need to be able to pull out the animations that go along with the objects.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

They aren't cloneable to use in Sims 2, but I think I could create a whole new item, and use the meshes and animations.  They will take a lot of work, it hard to explain.  

The main problem is that pets in Sims 2 do not have the skills that Sims Pets have.  (like mechanical etc).

• Members

Yeah, that is a pain. I wondered if they could 'learn' how to use the item by counting how many times they had already used it (and maybe their intelligence level or active level) and making it less likely to fail if they had practiced more.

• Administrators

I have set up the tire jump, to use the 4 different animations.  I only have the large dog set up so far, but would like some input please.

When placing I can't seem to have it centered, to get the animations to work properly. I don't think this is a
major issue, but would like to know your opinions.

post-12-0-04997900-1415983156_thumb.jpg

I give the pet fun and chew motives when they use it, I'm not sure what other motives would be good for it.

• Members

Wow, that's cool! The only problem I can see is that they run right through it when they return to the starting position.

This is brilliant, really! Thanks for doing it.

Fun is the motive I would think they would increase too. Maybe social if the sim/dog interaction is doable. They shouldn't be increasing chew unless they're doing it wrong lol.