My New Door

Mission Mouse

• Administrators

This was done by the same company that installed our patio doors a couple of years ago. Hopefully next year I can get my front window replaced with a bay window.

I have my heart set on a bay window. But next September our mortgage comes up for renewal and we are planning on paying that off. If I have enough saved then I'll do both, if not then the mortgage comes first. We'll use the same company again, for the bay window.

They had the entire project finished in less than 3 hours. It included the framing inside and out, plus they cleaned the floor by the door better than I ever do.  :slapLaugh: 

They talked to Jake while they were working and Jake was so happy with the attention he didn't bark his head off.

Oh, how I long to open that door and come in for a visit. I would sit very still on the couch and pretend I don't notice your cats. Cats can't stand to be ignored. heheheheh! They will soon come to investigate and I shall be in heaven when I pass my hand over their lovely coats.

• Administrators

Jake would demand all the attention. Dave is so fascinated with the new door, I swear he's gone in and out 1000 times already.

Anyone is welcome, come and stay, I'd love it.

Oh dear me, Dave is on his way out the door, and he seemed to think I needed a demonstration on how to lock the new door..... :1doh1:

I am such a good wife, I just nodded, took him very seriously and he is so pleased with himself now.... :Whistle:

• Administrators

The door handle was what prompted Dave to instruct me on how to lock the new door. I didn't, have the heart to tell him just because it's got a handle, instead of a knob that the mechanism of locking said door doesn't change. There is a pin, you turn it.

It was like when he was going in and out of the new door.....I didn't tell him that's normal, you come in, you go out, same procedure as with the old door.

He's so sincere when he thinks he's teaching me something, I can't point out the obvious fact that it's just a door.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

It's really easy to start. All you need is a bottle of whisky/ pot of tea, cigarettes/"insert bad habit here", a full day of peace and quiet and people you can talk to for answers when you get stuck.

The internet is a wonderful resource that needs to be used for everything you ever wanted to learn. I'm the sad author of "Morrowind Modding for Dummies" that takes you from knowing nothing to being able to re-write the game lol maybe one day I'll bother turning my attention to the Sims and write something equally time consuming and geeky!!

• Administrators

I got the pot of tea and the cigarettes.... :grin:  I'm a bit lacking in the confidence part. I have full days, I don't work anymore. The peace and quiet, that is a bit hard to get some days. We have a JackRussel/ShihTzu cross, he's kinda like the energizer bunny on caffeine, lots and lots of caffeine. :ExcitedSmiley:

• Administrators

Husband + dog thing --> long walk and pub! Problem solved 

I wish, I am disabled, the walk thing doesn't work too well for me anymore. The pub thing is decidedly British. We don't really have those here, what we have are bars and most of them are much too big and much too loud. It's not something we do because my husband is a truck driver and they get surprise drug and urine tests.

What we do have is a surplus of Tim Horton coffee shops, one on almost every corner. I'm not one for hanging out in places like that, especially since I don't drink coffee. ("Tim Horton" was a beloved Canadian hockey player.) The coffee shops seem to be a place for the guys to get together and it's Dave's thing, not mine.

He did take Jake (the dog) with him a few times, but he stopped. He'd heard that dogs were *chick* magnets, but the girls ignored Dave and went straight for Jake. :slapLaugh:

• Members

No, no! Grandchildren are "babe magnets" not dogs! Tell him. Also is he mad? If someone told me pink tutu's and a pair of Doc Martins were "chick magnets" guess what I would be plastering in tomorrow?

Sorry to hear your disabled but I actually didn't mean you going for the walk  I meant get rid of the dog-thing by him taking it for a walk.

I don't do coffee, nor are coffee shops very popular here. We also don't do Hockey and I had never heard of Tim Horton lol so I retract my earlier remark regarding you being almost English.