Audio Reference (Fwav)

Rebecah

• Administrators

I often find many custom objects, with Audio References in them.  These are a waste of space.  Audio files use the Group Number, and Instance Numbers to play in the game.  Leaving the Audio References as Group 0xFFFFFFFF will not do a thing, and could potentially cause issues for your game sounds.

Unless you have created your own sound and know how to set them up to work, these should be removed from your files.  It's sad that Simpe even puts them in the files, but unfortunately no one is working to fix the bugs.

post-12-0-91006900-1410425850_thumb.jpg

To remove them select them by all by clicking with the shift key held down, or you could remove them one by one.

post-12-0-11700500-1410425984_thumb.jpg

Right Click your mouse with your cursor over the area of the selected audio references, select the delete option.

post-12-0-40633600-1410426103_thumb.jpg

Save your package.

post-12-0-00928000-1410426162_thumb.jpg

In other words these Audio References are of no value to your package, and take up valuable space, and memory.

Note:  I myself may have items that include these audio references, until I learned how the audio worked for the game. I assumed these items were needed for my packages.  

• Administrators

Most likely, I don't believe Numenor ever learned how to create custom sounds, but I am not positive.  I know he has another file that has...it seems...over 100 of these and is such a waste, oh I remember it is his wooden stairs.  I plan to fix that someday, it has other issues too.

If the audio reference has a group name of all F's then it is of no value.

• Administrators

Thank you for this very useful information, Beck! I'm always too afraid to delete  files in SimPe. i think sometimes there are image files also that can be deleted, but usually I'm afraid to do that - I'm sort of just too happy if  anew mesh shows up in my game and is not crashing the game  :grin:

• Administrators

Yes you are understanding this correctly, and yes stairs etc will still have their correct sounds.  The sounds are something separate, and are controlled by their group, and instance numbers, are converted to the name of the sound.

• Administrators

Am I to understand that these files have nothing to do with the sounds for the object? For example stairs or floors - will they have the proper footstep sounds after removing these files? This will be a major project to be done a little at time, but I'm all for extra space :grin:

Oh I need all the extra space I can get.

It just dawned on me, I can have more CC  :birthday smiley: