Completed - Is it possible to get a Bookcase like this?

Nonni

• Administrators

Here's how you could easily do the bird, just add a single plane one on each side.  Which is only 4 faces and then use a transparent image for the bird section.

post-12-0-02452800-1414257079_thumb.png

post-12-0-62148900-1414257080_thumb.png

Great job on the mesh Rubberman.

• Members

Someone want to texture this thing?

post-13362-0-84253300-1414262569_thumb.j

Best I can do without ripping my own arms off and chewing them. Really HATE texturing

post-13362-0-71105100-1414263374_thumb.j

Works fine in game just needs someone with a womans touch to make it look pretty lol I'm absolutely useless at texturing things that take more than 5 seconds >.<

• Administrators

You did a very nice job on the mesh!  The uvmapping will work, but has a lot of waste.  This is just a suggestion and you may do it however you like, but if you want people to recolor your meshes, it is best to keep all sections going in the same direction for wood textures.  When things are the same overlay them for the texturing.  This will give you a bit better looking item in game.

Just to show you and example:  post-12-0-05027500-1414283356_thumb.png

• Members

Thank you :)

I tried several things to map it and none of them made sense so I just gave up lol

(got a request for a sofa, chair and 2 seater and they sounded more fun haha)

I might knuckle down at some point and write my own UV Mapper I think that is the only way I will get them how I want them i.e. easy rofl

• Administrators

You are very welcome!  I know texturing isn't your thing and I do hope to help you in that area.

It is really more about using your texture to get the best results, it's sort of like trying to keep the poly count low.  It could really be done better than what I had done, but I was trying to get it done quickly.

Sofas, chairs and loveseats have morphs which to my knowledge can only be done in milkshape.  Although you can mesh them with wings3d, you'd need to complete them in milkshape.  Unless you leave out the morphs.

• Members

Planning to do a full living room set that actually all matches.... Karen's idea lol only we didn't mention that we could be enlisting you for the morphs and evil stuff :D

I'm sure between the 3 of us we could make a room to die for!

• Administrators

I'm sure I could do that for you guys, no problem.  Just wanted you to be aware of it.

Now back to the bookshelf, have you tried to delete it or move it?  It was set too far to the left, which made it almost impossible to grab ahold of it.  The reason is it wasn't centered.  I have fixed it up, and I did add the bird to it which could actually be changed to anything.   Please remember, I'm only trying to help.  

I did clean up the file and removed the unnecessary parts.  I checked to see if a recolor would work.

post-12-0-27955100-1414288121_thumb.jpg

rubberman_treeofknowledge.zip

• Members

Yup already centred it and removed the guff lol but thank you all the same. 

I've actually been playing the game >.< I loaded it up to test the bookshelf and managed to put someone through college, get them married and now she's a grandma lol and now its 2 am....

I do have a problem though... will ask in Sims chat so if anyone can help out others can benefit.

• Members

Oh I like the red one. You can skip the tiger though lol reminds me of cats ewww

I guess its whatever Nonni would like? I am happy if she likes it :)

Eek that was odd lol downloading my own stuff haha - thanks for the help Becks or I wouldn't have been able to sleep :D