Completed - Baby Dragons?

NeverForsaken

• Creator

I really enjoy Rebecah's ride-able dragon...and after playing Dragon Valley (TS3), I was wondering if it is possible to make a cute baby dragon maybe from one of the pet birds in The Sims 2?

The dragons in TS3 by the way, are hideous looking. So a cute baby dragon would be nice if this is even possible. I have a few images as examples...Actually, MM is making bedding recolors with them too.  :cheesy: 

• Creator

:Thank_you:  Beck...I'm a super patient person, so no hurries.  :icon_hug:

Thanks for the link LilSis, I wonder if Beck can do a cuter version of this.

Also, the creator is open to having people tweak the animation.

Known Issues: Since the build of the dragons' wings is different than that of the birds in Sims 2 the animation is unfortunately far from perfect. I tried to minimise the issues, but I am not good enough with bone assignments to really achieve a great result. If you have the skills you are very welcome to try and fix them. I would really appreciate to hear from you in that case, so I can put up a link here and let everybody know. :)

• Administrators

Thank Lisa for your patience, and for reporting the known issues and the creators willingness to have it fixed.  I have found a few things with the package that should help make this a better creation.

So many people can do some of the things like mesh, but they just don't know all there is to know about how the package files work.  Which can be dangerous for people's games.  

I will try to do a cuter version too.

Rebecah I think it would be a nice gesture of goodwill to include her in your process when you make the necessary changes. As she is aware her creation is far from perfect I am sure she would appreciate and benefit from your knowledge. It's a great feeling when you learn how to do something the right way. :smiley:

• Members

But that's what dragons do. Breathe fire. XD I have those TS 3 converted ones. The only thing I don't like is the cage. Dragons should be free! It's a pity it doesn't use remeshes of the original bird cage. I have one of those that removes the cage and just leaves the perch.

• Administrators

I couldn't use the dragon's by witheredlilies, there were just too many issues with the files.  I felt it was easier to start from a new clone.

I still want to work on the wings and the assignment of the vertices, but I tried to make TS3 dragon fatter, and shortened his shout, removed a lot of the horns, and the teeth.  I can't seem to make them as cute as the images I believe it was Lisa that shared it.  But here is what I have so far.

post-12-0-70599100-1417354546_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-17730200-1417354545_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

If any of you would like to test what I do have I would really appreciate it, and please let me know what else you feel it needs.

I did add 4 morphs, as MS will only allow for 4, the bird has 6 morphs.  The eye movements, was the main one I'd wanted and it does work even though it was the 6th morph.  I left out a tail spread morph and I can't remember which other one I didn't feel was really needed.  I believe I have the wing assignments better but they are still not perfect.

The cage is from TS3 and is an open log cage.

post-12-0-01084500-1417369662_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-08730300-1417369361_thumb.png

post-12-0-50853000-1417372665_thumb.jpg

I haven't played long enough for the cage to need cleaning and I'm not sure the drawer works properly, please do let me know if it does not.

See later post for new version of files.

• Creator

You did a fine job, Beck...So much cuter than the S3 ones indeed!

I am downloading this today, and will play it this evening when I get home. I'll let you know how it works with cleaning the cage.

Thanks you for doing this, Sweetie...I hope it brought you some joy in creating too.  :icon_hug:

i feel the same as LilSis about cc from other places...I trust everything on here because I know just how careful you are to test things.

• Creator

I tested this on a couple different households tonight, and whenever the sim 'carried' the dinosaur around it would just disappear after a few sim minutes. This happened both times I tested.

Afterwards, whenever I clicked on the cage the option to stock the cage was back, and if I directed the sim to stock the cage, they would walk over to it but just stand there.

Here are some cute shots of the dinosaur..He really looks good in game:

post-13101-0-27407700-1417384441.jpgpost-13101-0-05519000-1417384443.jpgpost-13101-0-05921300-1417384444.jpgpost-13101-0-21601100-1417384445.jpg

• Creator

Please disregard my last reply. It was my game that was corrupted. I retested in a clean game (no other CC), and the dragon works just fine.

Now I will be busy tracking down the corrupt files.

I think I'm pretty much staying with only what I download from here any more...At least I know stuff is checked very thoroughly.

• Administrators

Lisa are you sure it is working okay in the clean game?  There is a controller file that maybe causing issues.  The other dragon creator did not use a new one.  It might be necessary to create a new one for this item.  All of my other animal files did require a new npc controller, but I wasn't sure if the bird would need it.  I did test the watch and taught it to talk, and the feed option and I didn't have a problem so I thought maybe the controller file was working okay without making changes to a new one.   I didn't check the carry around option.  I will double check this.  

I have tried to be sure the files are safe here, but this has caused a problem for me with another creator, so I felt I should just let others tell this person, about the issues.  Some people just don't seem to care, or they feel it works okay.  I am concerned that maybe I care too much too.  You see some things may work okay, but they are not done correctly and I'm not positive just how important it is to everyone.  Sadly we do have some recent files that I would not recommend.  

Thank you so much for testing and reporting your finding Lisa.

I did add 3 deco slots for the bird cage, and updated my catalog settings so there are going to be some new changes.  I had to fix some of the water textures too.

post-12-0-04801300-1417390870_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

I did add a controller file and Lisa your testing did help me find an issue in the carry option too.  Thank you!  This is why I feel it is important to have all files checked by others before they are posted.  Well not recolors as those don't cause any issues, but objects for the game could, or they may not work properly.  Thanks again Lisa!

Thanks Nonni!  You are always so very supportive and I really appreciate your support.  :grin: