Your 1st car?

Nonni

Yes, Nova's were very popular.  The starter went out on my pinto about once a month and my brother taught me how to change it.  It was really a horrible car, for a first car.

I am cracking up and cackling here. Pinto, wasn't just the car itself, which was bad enough, it was things that happened while in the car that were disastrous.

• Creator

We had a pinto too...Jeff says those were the cars that rusted on the showroom floors, and that they had recalls for the gas tanks exploding....The Nova we had was actually all primer...the brown car with the orange racing stripes was a 69 or '70 Grand Torino...Jeff bought it sitting in a field, we put some money into it to make it pretty and run really good (those were the days when you could actually work on your own car...nothing was computerized like today . He thinks we only paid $200 for it.

1970_ford_torino_cobra_sportsroof_chiole

It had the hood scoops like this too.  :008:

:1doh1:  the sacrifices we make for our children....   :blank2: So worth it though.  :noddingSmiley:

• Administrators

Yes, I wish you the best also...I didn't get my drivers license until I was twenty...and I had to take the driving test twice. 

I wish you the best also LilSister.

OK Lisa, this just keeps getting weirder and weirder. I didn't get my license until I was 20 and I had to take the test twice as well. :confused22:  I'm starting to think we are related....somehow. :laugh1:

As for my first car, I cannot remember what it was. It was an old junker that my dad bought for me and made me help him fix it up. We completely rebuilt the thing and I hated getting my hands so dirty, but I loved working on it with my dad.

I don't drive anymore, haven't for the last 10 years. I am a far better passenger.

I wish you the best too LilSister.

My first car looked like this, only a bit more used. :grin:  My brother helped me to buy it when I got my driver's licence 1973 and I think the car was from 1961 or something like that. I payed around 190 USD for the car, in swedish money 1500 Kr. That was a lot of money for me at that time, my salary per month was around a third of that. At that time I was living with my parents so I didn't have much expenses. I had to take the driving test twice also but I made the written test the first time.

VW_zpsd50394b4.jpg

• Administrators

My first car also was a Volkswagen bug. I got it for R600 (That's South African Rand - In those days the Rand was a really "good" currency - I think it must've been about US$100)  The Volksie wasn't second hand it must've been about 10th hand or even older   :grin:  It was about the colour of this Volksie - it was just battered, but still drive like a dream and was easy on gas.

post-59-0-93362900-1417771857_thumb.jpg