Snow dog

NeverForsaken

• Creator

post-13101-0-56235100-1420384273_thumb.j

This is the look I get when I ask Sasha if she is ready to come in yet.

She always needs her 'alone time' outside...Buddy is always more than happy to come back into the house, regardless the weather.

Here she is yesterday on the front porch...I had to dry her off with a towel in front of the heater when she finally came inside!

post-13101-0-44303400-1420384602_thumb.j

The way the snow clings to her thick fur...She looks like a sheep instead of a husky!

• Administrators

You have a lot of snow up there Lisa.  We got our share last night.  

The snow is really thick and heavy here.  

She looks like she likes the snow, her fur looks so thick.  Thank for sharing your pics with us.

• Creator

Yes, Beck the snow is over a foot deep here...We had nothing until yesterday. It snowed all day Saturday and most of the day today. Jeff has been working almost non-stop. :construction:  ...The overtime is good, but the poor man is exhausted! :zzsoft:  He did get a rest when his grader broke down for a couple hours this afternoon.

The snow is perfect for making a snowman...I wish I had the energy, but yesterday I cleaned out the camper since we moved it closer to the house, and then I took down the tree and packed away all the Christmas stuff...and I did most of my usual housework :vacuumsm:  (everything went undone last week when I had treatment and surgery). I also knocked over the trashcan trying to swing the garbage bag up into it...I swung it three times before I made it in...Buddy thought it was a game. On my way back up to the house Bud picked up the snow shovel that had fallen over and I thought he was going to shovel the driveway there for a minute! :hmm:  He dropped it at my feet as if to say "Hey, there's snow in the driveway...Dad doesn't allow that!" Of course I couldn't do anything about it with my incision still healing...It would not have done any good anyway, the ground would have been covered over again in minutes.

Jeff did clear it with the snow blower when he got home last night...It looked like he didn't touch it by morning when he left again for work. 

• Administrators

Wow you do have a lot of snow! Sasha looks so comfortable in the snow  :grin:  and she really looks like a sheep :) We have really hot days and nights. I don't think a dog like Sasha would survive here; even during winter we never get snow.

• Creator

Yep...Blaming the snow on Dave!  :busted:

Oh Marbi...I really hate ice...Please be careful driving.  :icon_hug:

I don't think Sasha could take the heat where you are, Alet...I don't know if I could either...but I suppose I could get used to it after a while. :Sunshine:   :008: Come March we are all so tired of the white stuff. Many retired folks around here winter in Florida...We call them 'Snowbirds'.

Buddy however, can survive anywhere I am...He is such a Mama's boy!  :cheesy:

• 1 month later...
  • Creator

Another snow dog...This one has a five minute limit though before he needs to come back inside!  :laugh1:

post-13101-0-87686200-1425563792_thumb.jpost-13101-0-76193500-1425563895_thumb.jpost-13101-0-52016800-1425563968_thumb.jpost-13101-0-46866400-1425564016_thumb.jpost-13101-0-90058000-1425564088_thumb.j

We are finally starting to warm up here in Northern Michigan...We were in the negatives for a couple of weeks, but that is supposed to be all over with now and we are expecting to get as high as 50 degrees F....next week!  :Sunshine:

Usually this time of year I feel like shoveling away all the snow in the yard in order to see the ground once again. :slapLaugh:

• Creator

I don't move around the yard very often...Some folks use snowshoes or ski, Jeff does shovel the walkway and driveway, and if I'm feeling energized enough I will put on my snow-pants and boots and plow through to get somewhere in the yard that is not shoveled or plowed....It's great exercise just to walk across the yard!  :grin: 

• Members

Look at all that snow and the snow lovin' pooch enjoying it!

What a big coat of fur Sasha has (perfect for your Michigan winters)!

She'd hate our triple digit summers in north Texas.

Loved looking at all of your pet snapshots, Lisa!

• Administrators

Many retired folks around here winter in Florida...We call them 'Snowbirds'.

Buddy however, can survive anywhere I am...He is such a Mama's boy!   :cheesy:

I love that! :)

I wonder what Zorba and Knersus will do if the ever see snow  :grin:

• Administrators

My dad was a *Snowbird* for years. They had a trailer in a retired community that a lot of their friends went to as well. I think there were about 15 couples that went down there and they all bought a property that had a trailer on it. They all spent the winters in Florida.

It would take them 24 hours to drive there and many couples drove straight through, spelling each other to get the drive done as quickly as possible.

I went to visit once and was really pleased to see how nice it was kept. They had very strict rules and the grounds were spotless.

I had a choice of picking a grapefruit or an orange for breakfast every day. My dad built this box thing that he hung on the fence and put in the excess fruits with a sign for anyone to help themselves.