UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
Nonni

Nonni's Sims Album

If your Sim likes the way the outside is landscaped you will get that bar filled. I can't remember who told me that a long time ago but if I have a lot that is a bit bare, the bar never fills. That doesn't mean you have to have a gazillion plants, but it does mean that anything you have in the yard has to be easily accessible, meaning the pond, any furniture and stuff like that.

When I build a lot, it takes me forever to get it just right. :smiley:

Oh, I see, Miss Mouse. That is good to know. Now I know how to make my Simmies happy outdoors. :366915:

What MM said must be true. Yesterday I tried the challenge Marbi told about - you put your sim on an empty lot and reduce his available simoleans  to zero, and see if he can survive without cheats, using only maxis items. By digging for treasure and find a job in the army, he got enough so that he could get a 4x4 room, with ceiling tiles on the floor and no paint. He was so happy, the environment bar was almost full! In that room he had the cheapest toilet and shower, cheapest stove and fridge and the cheapest chair  :grin:

I remember something about windows as well. Sims like lots of windows that let in sunlight.

You can have a lot of decorative items in a room as long as there is a clear pathway. The room score drops if they have to constantly fight their way through a room.

I tend to make specific rooms with specific purposes. A library for reading, a craft room for sewing, etc, a TV room so the one who wants to read or study is not disturbed.

If I have kids, I use this assignable desk mod, (can't remember where I got it) and the kids don't argue over the desks.

When I have babies and toddlers I always have a *sun* room that is the playroom.

Most of my houses have basements and this is where they go to play billiards, cards, and games like that. It's also a good idea to  have a bathroom down there. I also use the basement as an exercise room. Above the garage, I have rooms with lots of windows and this is where I put the easel and the music instruments.

The one thing I have never done is to have an outdoor doghouse. All my Sim dogs have lived indoors and gone outside to play and go to the bathroom.

I always have a roof over my porches to protect them from overheating and I usually have a gazebo where they bar-b-cue and eat outside. I use this one tree as a shade tree near the pond so they can fish in comfort.

My pools are either completely enclosed or I build a carport and then put the swimming pool under that.

The one building concept that I can never make satisfactorily is a split level house with an attached garage. I am never happy with the results.

Wow I didn't know about this either!

I bet Your sims are always the happiest sims, MM!

I haven't been able to play TS2, but I wonder if it is the same for TS3?

We'll, I'm too busy recreating interiors lately anyway, and those rooms tend to be way too cluttered for sims to actually live in!

It depends on whether or not I made the Sim in response to something that has happened to me.

I've made Sims of people who have upset me and then stick them in houses that would drive anyone insane. They do not like going outside to use the bathroom. :ROLF:

They don't much care for sleeping outside either, especially if it rains. :ROLF:

For the most part I do my best to make a nice home and keep them happy, but once in a while...well the temptation to mess with them is just too hard to resist. :Whistle:

For the most part I do my best to make a nice home and keep them happy, but once in a while...well the temptation to mess with them is just too hard to resist. :Whistle:

Me, too! :choice:

I actually played my TS3 yesterday, a lot that I hadn't played in a long time, and I was surprised to find my sim at a neighbor's house in her underwear!

It was all because she could not access her dresser to change (which apparently) was the last command I gave her last time I played...she didn't even change automatically .

All because the bed was too close to the dresser!

I didn't know sims could leave home in their underwear?

(Again it is TS3, not TS2)

I've gone to my DR in my pj's.....but that was because I was really sick.

Way, way back, the first time I had pneumonia, I was still working and they couldn't get the vault open. Dave had to take me to work, help me walk cause I was so sick and out of breath, and I went in my jammies and slippers back then too. I also had this huge comforter wrapped around me and I opened the vault, then went right back home and went to bed.

I can't say my Simmies have ever left their home not properly dressed, but I have. :ROLF:

I have never had a simmie go off lot in PJs or Underwear. They always change automatically at the door.

I'm weird. I sleep in a T-shirt and my undies and wear my jammies during the day.

Lately I have been wearing socks to bed, that darn Squeak has the midnight munchies. :o

She doesn't snack on my toes if I wear socks. :cheesy:

After searching for my slippers for 2 days, I finally found them yesterday. Jake had them jammed under the couch pretty tightly. So.....this morning.....one slipper is missing. :1doh1:

I'm contemplating getting new slippers that are all closed in and wearing them to bed. :Whistle:

Funny he is more interested in what's happening outside than he is with her, :P What is raining?

I think he is scared when he sees the floating hearts in the air. He is not prepared to face her love for him. :grin:

That's the great thing about imagination, it feels a lot of space in our heads. :insane: