UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
Ein85

Ein's Sim Buildings

Hi everyone!

So I thought I would post some of the pics from around my main/only neighborhood of some of the buildings I have made. I strive for realism, so yeah! I hope ya'll like them. ^_^

So the name of the town is Rossport, and it was founded by Emil Rossland. So everything about the town, the surrounding areas and even a University is named for the family.

(Sorry I realized I didn't get a bunch of outdoor shots, I may come back and add them at a later time.)

So the first stop is Rossport Proper and the first thing you will see this the wonderful steeple of the "Rossport Community Church". 

h2tfwa4w.jpg

This is the sanctuary. The church is a mixture of my grandmother's church I used to attend when I was down home, and the church my parents attend now.  Somber colors, and there is a piano just off the pulpit that the minster's wife plays on Sundays.

6fweb0ji.jpg

Just off the Sanctuary we have the Sunday school/Wednesday night classes. There are three rooms, and they are devided as such; The women's study room (led by the pastors wife), The men's study room (led by one of the decons), the children's study room (led by Erin Rossland, wife to the current Rossland heir). The teens have their studies in the Fellowship Hall.

uvn8yeq9.jpg

Next up we have my favorite area, the nursery!  This is for the infants and toddlers, and as you can see it has everything in there to keep them entertained. The women usually take turns monitoring the nursery on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights.

cizcafzm.jpg

This is the Fellowship Hall. Pretty basic, it is used for special events and for the Sunday dinner they have once a month. There is a guys and girls bathroom off to the side and a small kitchen area perfect for warming up food or cooking the Men's Pancake Breakfast.

7ctadeab.jpg

This is the grounds of the church. This is where the Easter egg hunts and the occasional wedding takes place.

iwwbbq1m.jpg

And speaking of, this is the parish house, and as you can see it's a small little thing. Asleep in the preacher Johnathan Carpenter, and at the sewing machine is his loverly young bride Anna. The really awesome thing about this (at least in my mind) is that the church borders Anna's parent's farm so she can slip over and visit her folks anytime she wants to. If you will notice there is an empty room that's cause the Mrs. Revrund (as my Memaw would say) is expecting!

So yeah! This is the first building of Rossport, hope you all like it. Next post we will see more.

(On an off note, a lot of my buildings have custom content. I didn't make them, and I don't remember who did, but everyone has done a wonderful job of it, and I am thankful!)

You did such a great job! I can see that you really enjoy creating Rossport :)

That really is a wonderful community church! Thank you for sharing your pictures :)

You did such a great job! I can see that you really enjoy creating Rossport :)

That really is a wonderful community church! Thank you for sharing your pictures :)

I agree with Alet. It is so wonderful to see how other gamers play and grow their 'hoods. :Thank_you:

Thank you for sharing your pictures. Your church reminds of the first church I built. Your neighborhood sounds wonderful and I'd love to see more of it. :smiley:

Hi!

So after much drum and strang with not only real life but my photo host (imageshack and I are no longer on speaking terms. >< )

I was going to post the funeral home next, because yes I did make one and yes I am proud of it....but that'll be for another post.

This is in the down town neighborhood.

2329feam.jpg

Looking for a special place to spend the day? How about a special night with your girl? Then take a stroll along the beautiful boardwalk of Rossport Downtown!

bqav243u.jpg

This is kinda the layout of the place, as you can see I took all the shots at night. Which now that I'm thinking about it I should have taken a few during the day, better visibility and all.

806kpxv3.jpg

So I divided each little area into kinda like a booth. This is the small arcade area, very popular with the teens as you can imagine.

y3oehykk.jpg

This is a place for the kids to play while there siblings hang out at the arcade. I love this jumping castle. I tried to give each booth it's on personality without taking away from the overall feel.

tp1wh6ak.jpg

This is the only official restaurant on the boardwalk, "The Coastline" It's very small only three tables. I think at some point I would like to make a larger version perhaps on a beach lot. OH! And you can see the newspaper rack too!

fysva9s0.jpg

So I love animals, especially the sims dogs and cats, so in all of the sub-neighborhoods in Rossport I have plenty of places to get animals. As a matter of fact one of the sub-neighborhoods sprung up because I wanted to make families with all my favorite dog breeds in it. Anyways, this is the boardwalks little pet shop. It's situated near the front, that way tired parents can be easily suckered in by their persistent children. :D

jh9t1abc.jpg

This is just a cute little jewelry stall. Someplace the sims can go and get a present for their lady love. On a more off note, the last senior class I played the girls had a sleep over and went here and to the amusement park I have set up across the street the day before their prom. 

1d8pf2lq.jpg

Get into the groove you gotta move on the dance floor. And I gotta say I love that hot dog stand it's awesome! The dance floor is a relatively ok size, I wanted to put a lot of things on the board walk, but at the same time I also wanted to make sure each booth had enough space to make the activity actually worthwhile. It can get crowded at times, but I think that ads to the overall feel, most boardwalks I've been to can get pretty congested at times.

uk384o0x.jpg

A nice little workout area for everyone to get buff and keep their beach bodies. It's interesting that basically the same thing can have two different aspects. I know on the east coast of the us, I didn't really see a lot of work out areas, but on the west coast, and I'm specifically refering to Southern California I did. Maybe that's just my experience though. Seems like there were more shops on the East Coast. Anyways, for this one I decided to add a work out area, and somewhere I got a really awesome hack that allows you to skill on community lots so yeah!

Anyway that's the boardwalk area! Like I said before I have a bunch of downloads, but I think the bouncy castle was from Echo over at modthesims. However, I could be wrong.

Thank you so much! I'm not good at anything like that though, I wouldn't even know how to start. lol

I'm not sure either.....but maybe send one to Rebecah or Nonni and then just wait and see if they tell you something needs to be fixed. Sometimes people forget to include meshes and stuff and currently some of us are undergoing some medical challenges so it might take a bit until someone gets back to you.

I only know how to recolour things and all of my lots are on the biggest lot, so my lots aren't suitable for uploading. I'm pretty sure a house lot cannot have been lived in, but I could be wrong. I think it has something to do with memories or something like that.

I know these are community lots, but if you want to do houses as well, if you have any of my recolours of furnishings you can include any of them you want. You don't need to ask if it's ok.

Hi!

So continuing my tour of Rossport this is another building from downtown, the used car lot. This was fashioned from memories of where my dad has worked over the years (he's a parts man). 

rxo4c07y.jpg

This is the overall look off the place. Just a basic lot some banners and small square building were the sales guys are, all that's needed are some wildly waving inflatable tub thingies. I do wish there was a way to make the car...pods? invisible. I think it would give it a more authentic look.

3hcia3vy.jpg

This is a close-up of the entrance with a better view of the building in the back. I really liked the balloon arch, it added that whole, "Come in and buy stuff, cause it's a party!" feel that most car lots I've seen have.

usrqxenb.jpg

This is an interior shot of the sales building. The greatest thing about this to me is the wallpaper in the women's bathroom looks exactly like the bathroom wall paper in the first car place I can remember dad working at! So the rest of it is based off that, just smaller (the place my dad worked at was an actual dealership and HUGE) and cleaner, lol. The only thing really missing is an old candy dispenser, you know the kind where you put a quarter in turned the dial and candy would come out of it. and grease lots of grease. ^_^

imrits4e.jpg

Annd this is where deals are made. Once again based this off the boss's office that I remember, the only thing missing is a huge stuffed trout, an ashtray full of cigars, and a bunch of haphazard certificates. Oh and the calendar that my mom always made me cover my eyes whenever we went into his office. :D

So yeah, I loved doing this lot, it really took me back. I want to do an actual auto dealership at one point, but if I do then I'm gonna need some serious custom content...including that candy machine, lol.  :ROLF: 

I have a bunch of his cars, and want more. Can you put his cars on a community lot, like to sell?

I believe so. It has been a long time since I played a car lot. If you can't directly, you might be able to with a mod or something. It really seems like I was able to. Also I suspect his cars made after ofb probably had the capability at least. I will do some checking and get back to you. 

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Selling_Cars

the interesting part of that is:

Car Dealerships

These work just like a retail shop, only you'll be selling vehicles rather than normal stuff. If you're trying to set up an owned community lot by visiting it with your sim, you may find making a car dealership tricky since you can't buy the cars.

Click the Business Build Tools button on the business control panel and then the Toggle Wholesale Mode button. You'll now find you can purchase cars for your lot.

A few things to keep in mind when running a dealership:

• You'll notice that you can only place Maxis cars on that ridiculously huge rotating display, but if you use moveObjects on you can place them anywhere you like.
  • Custom car meshes seem to work just fine in a car dealership, but you won't be able to place them on the rotating display, even with moveObjects on. Some users have reported that putting custom car meshes on the ground, then onto the display works.
  • Patrons will try to stand alongside a car and look at its back left tire to consider purchasing it. Make sure they have access to this area or they'll complain.
  • To prevent sims from bumping into one another and clogging up, make sure you leave at least one empty tile of space between each car and the next. This will also make it easier for your employees or played sims to sell to your patrons even if more than one sim is in the aisle between the cars.

Thank you for this! I'm going to make some adjustments to the lot, and the take new pictures!

Thank you. ^_^ I am really thinking about it, if I can figure out how to package them that would go a long way. I'd love to know people are enjoying my designs.

Do you have your own site? If so you can become an affiliate with Affinity.

If not then you can become a contributing artist here with Affinity. We prefer that you have your creations tested by a member of Affinity before uploading. I have every thing of mine tested before I upload.

Your creations would also, have to be exclusive to Affinity. However, that doesn't mean you have to upload all your creations with us.

For instance, what Marbi uploads to Affinity is not uploaded to other sites. However, she is free to upload any of her other creations elsewhere.

Please read this first.