UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Mission Mouse

The Dentist

Does anyone ever like going to the dentist? I am so terrified it's been over 10 years, but I went today for a partial cleaning. I went last year for an infection and then had that tooth pulled. It took me a year to work up the courage to go back.

They can only do 1/4 of my mouth at a time because I have to be frozen, so I am now finished and at home. Jeepers even my nose is frozen. God must have known how badly I needed Dave to go with me because he unexpectedly got the day off. I did kind break the skin on his thumb with my thumbnail, oopsie.

So I'm just not having any fun today. I'm like a weeble, I wobbled out of the dentist's office, but I didn't fall down!!! :grin:

Plus I got lots and lots of Jakie kisses when I got home. Only on the left side of my face though, he doesn't seem to like the right side, it must smell different because of the jell they used and the freezing.

But seriously does anyone enjoy the dentist?

Scarlett: I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow.

:ROLF:  Thanks Nonni, I so needed that laugh. They told me my mouth will be sore for a few days.

I still have to go back 3 more times for the rest of my mouth... :o

Then they will work on all my cavities. However once everything is finished they don't think I will have such sensitive teeth anymore. I got a gift bag too. New toothbrush, some mouthwash, and some floss. I looked and looked, no stickers. :Whistle:

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhh! I feel like Nonni about dentists. I wasn't at a dentist for years,which is irresponsible I know :(  And I need to go my teeth are very sensitive too, making it torture to eat or drink both hot or cold or sweet stuff  :blush:  I feel almost the same about physio therapists and I have to go there on Wednesday morning. :scare3:

I wonder how you are doing, MM? Did you get the rest of your mouth done yet?

I used to go every six months, and I would have to sit in my car for a very long time fighting the anxiety. It was so much easier when I took my two daughters for their check ups, so now I take daughter Sarah with me whenever I go!

But I haven't gone since the month before cancer diagnosis which was November 2013! I could not go throughout treatment or afterwards because of risk of infection on my weak immune system...but, I am ok to go now, but there's no way with this anxiety problem I'm going anytime soon!!

But...we love our dentist...He's such a sweetheart! His staff are all great too, the only complaint is that he speaks with a very heavy Chinese accent, and likes to talk a lot, so it is hard to follow along...but he is a very warm and caring Christian man with tiny hands. (an important attribute for a dentist  :grin:  )

I guess I could say if it wasn't for my anxiety issue, I WOULD like to go to the dentist! I am sure I'm the only one to answer 'yes' to your question. :cheesy:

They have to keep me with the same technician and dentist because of my anxiety issues so it's hard to schedule appointments close together. My next appointment isn't until the end of August. This should be interesting....since they cleaned that side of my mouth, I can't eat anything that has any kind of sugar content at all. The sugar goes right to the cavities they exposed when they cleaned my teeth on that side. I'm drinking my meals through a straw. I had no idea I would also be going on a strict diet when the dentist was finished. Yep, another reason to not like going to the dentist and I still have 3 more cleanings to go through with.

I'm hoping it results in some weight loss, if not, I'm going to bite the dentist.

I haven't been to a dentist in several years.  I totally hate going to the dentist!

Cross your fingers everyone, I have to go this afternoon for the upper left cleaning. On the plus side, I finally have no fever.

I was kinda hoping to still be sick so I could cancel.

Well this appointment was not as bad as the previous one and I got another care package. It's kinda cool getting a care package from the dentist at my age. :slapLaugh:

I have not been to the dentist in a long time because I go to the dental hygienist at least twice a year and she sent me to the dentist if needed. Last time I was there the dental hygienist praised me because I had taken such good care of my teeth, so I'm very happy. :)

From the age of seven to adulthood, I have had cavities that needed to be repaired every year. It was a horrible pain every time because I'm so afraid of the dentist. I am happy now that I don't have that problem any more.

I forgot to tell you, the hygienist recommended this toothbrush because of all my issues with my teeth. I had to plug it in and let it charge for 24 hours. So I used it this morning for the first time..... :shocked:

It's a sonic toothbrush and does it ever feel strange. Your entire mouth vibrates and it's going to take some getting used to. I think my brain got vibrated too... :o

This is gonna be fun, maybe. :slapLaugh:  My teeth have never felt so clean so I'll keep using it, it just feels so strange.

It is so delightful to see how you are getting along with your dental work. I am so proud of you, Miss Mouse.

I have a broken tooth but I was waiting until my daughter gets here to schedule. She will be here next week, Thursday, July 22nd.

:ROLF:  :ROLF:  Oh Lisa that was the best!! I do kinda look like that when I wake up in the morning.

I had another dentist appointment today. It didn't go as smooth as the last one. I needed extra freezing. When the freezing doesn't take and they hit a sensitive spot, well you almost hit the ceiling. I have one more cleaning appointment to go and it's not until the end of September, unless they get a cancellation before then. I need the break, it's been too many outings for me. My nerves are shot and I have the shakes all the time right now.

The entire lower part of my mouth is frozen. Turns out one nerve is a little bit off centre and that's why I need extra freezing. At least now they know for the next time.

Jake and I are headed for our daily nap. His nerves are shot too. His separation anxiety was worse today and I'm having to carry him around wherever I go. He's not content to follow me, he begs and begs to be picked up. Makes trying to type a bit of a challenge, although there is a small benefit. I keep getting kisses. :389-Amours-love-:

Woe is me, the dentist called. They had a cancellation and I go tomorrow. *sigh*

Anyway, I uploaded 5 new recolours and I'm kinda done for the day now. The call from the dentist just did me in.

Anyone gonna volunteer to pretend to be me tomorrow????

Yesterday was my final appointment for the repairs to my teeth. :cry:  This was the worst one. My face is swollen so badly I can't even talk. The pounding when the freezing wore off was by far the worst pain of all the appointments. Jake was off all day as well. He was quiet and seemed to be really sad. All he wanted was to be picked up and held which is fine because I love to cuddle with him, but he also wanted to give me kisses and that just hurt so much.

We spent pretty much all day just napping on and off and cuddling today. Jake is back to normal, I know because Squeak is mad at me. :slapLaugh:  Jake has been back to tormenting her.

She was in such a good mood yesterday because he didn't bother her at all.

I'm so sorry Karen that you are in pain.  I pray you feel better very soon!

That was so nice of Jake to give Squeak a day off.   :)

I keep looking in the mirror and cracking up. :ROLF:  I sure look funny with half my face out to there and the other half normal. Jake will only kiss the good half. :slapLaugh:  I think the swollen half scares him. It's even scaring me, too bad Halloween is not for a few more days..... :ROLF:

I had to call the dentist today, the swelling isn't going down at all. I now have some very nice pain killers that make me loopy. Well more loopy than normal. :ROLF:

I also have some antibiotics, they recut that one spot and drained out some infection. The freezing wouldn't take, so we are not even going to discuss how much more than 10 was the pain factor. I just love that, here they ask what your pain level is between 1 and 10... :ROLF:

I think the rigidness of my entire body was pretty much an indication of my pain factor....that plus holding my breath, tears streaming down my face, yeah, those were pretty good hints, :ROLF:  as they redid that cut.

So now the swelling has gone down just a wee tiny bit and the ice packs and pain killers are doing their jobs. Jake and I did a lot of napping today so Squeak got the day off again. She was so grateful she gave me a couple of tiny kisses. That's not something she does very often.

I am STRAVING! I can't eat obviously so could someone have something decadent for me and then tell me all about it. What I want is a waldof salad with the apples and nuts. Why when something crunchy would send me to the moon and back is that the only thing I crave? :shocked:

I've been drinking this diabetic meal replacement, which is not too bad, but it gives you enough gas to power a rocket to the moon and back. I don't even want to go outside in case my neighbours hear me. :o  There is no way they will believe that's Jake. :ROLF:

Thank for all you prayers. :hug_group0002: