UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Nonni

Indoor Gardening by Nonni

I want to share something I have been dreaming of having for many years. Back 15 years ago I had the biggest African Violets that I could imagine. I also had spider/airplane plants, aloe plants, ferns, wandering Jew, just anything that struck my fancy. Such a green thumb I had!

I know I have posted somewhere about my current African Violet endeavors.

Here is some pictures of what I ordered and hopefully will have when my leaf cuttings become an adult blooming plant. (These pictures are from the online catalog.) :

post-6495-0-70069200-1437104502.jpg

post-6495-0-16952500-1437104504_thumb.jp

post-6495-0-05457700-1437104505.jpg

don't have:

post-6495-0-85155600-1437104505.jpg

have instead:

post-6495-0-71803100-1437774463_thumb.jp

I will try to dig out my camera so that I can share the progress of my indoor gardening.

I just love African Violets! Some of my best childhood memories was when I'd stay with my grandma and take care of her plants, many of them were African Violets!

Unfortunately where we live there just isn't much sunshine inside the house, but I do manage to grow some indoor plants that don't require too much sunlight.

I am certainly looking forward to seeing your indoor garden progress, Nonni!

What a wonderful way to help brighten our days when the seasons change, or when we can't be outside much. :up4:

Those are beautiful flowers. Alas, my indoor gardening would consist of me constantly sweeping up bits and pieces of plants and soil. I can't even bring lilac cuttings into the house as the cats go bananas and make a terrible mess.

Pip likes to completely knock any plant off wherever I put it.

I've heard that African Violets are difficult to grow but something tells me you will do a wonderful job. I can hardly wait to see your pictures. I really love that bottom picture.

I have discovered that one of the leaves has babies! All the leaves that I am trying to root are upright and healthy in appearance so far. I am so encouraged. This gardening project brings me out of myself to focus on something else. It helps relieve my depression.

I love those. They where my favourites and I had a lot of them. I think I didn't take good care of them so the died one after the other and I never got any new ones after the last one was gone. I'm not so good at taking care of houseplants that bloom. It goes better with those who only have green leaves. I do have orchids that are also fine but the reason is probably that my husband takes care of them. :)

I wish you good luck with your flowers. :up4:

Thank you - could you all say a little prayer for my aloe plant? Out of the 4 that I bought, only one is still alive but it has put out a new leaf.

I just never have any luck with cactus and succulents here in WA. I had succulents by the score when I lived in FL. I have high hopes this time because I have gradually bought grow lights (full spectrum lamps).

Prayer said!! I do not posses a green thumb. I can kill a cactus in less than a week.

I also have had help in that area, Pip seemed to think that any plant I had needed to be knocked off wherever I had it.

Bless his little heart. :ROLF:

Emily took some pictures for me:

post-6495-0-64452400-1437774553_thumb.jp

post-6495-0-51170800-1437774558_thumb.jp

Blueberry Ruffle and Cool Mint have sprouted babies!

Praying your garden is thriving! :Smiley10-1:

Anything we can find to do that brings us and keeps us out of the depression is truly a gift sent from our Heavenly Father! :flowers smiley:

Stormy Echoes has sprouted baby plants. That only leaves Carnival Confetti without babies.

The Cool Mint has white babies, the Blueberry Ruffle has purple babies and the Stormy Echo has just plain green but they are very welcomed. :loveblow:

:grin:  I feel like I am watching my baby sprout. I actually talked to the pictures. :slapLaugh:

Yep, I was telling them to grow, grow, grow.... :slapLaugh:

The Stormy Echo one, my favourite one, I was, "C'mom sweetie, you can do it. Grow for Nonni!"

Yep, welcome top MY world. You don't have to be crazy to be a part of it, but it helps. :ROLF: