UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
Mission Mouse

Learned Something NEW!

Oh this is beyond exciting for me. I owe this to Alet for showing me how to do it and Rebecah and Nonni for their input, assistance, and encouragement. :icon_hug:

I just learned how to enable the recolours I have done for elder females.

What this means---NO MORE saggy, saddle-hipped Elder Ladies!! :dancing smiley:

It also means that there will be a lot more options for clothing for our elder ladies which can never be a bad thing at all.

This is going to take some time and it means that all of the files I have already uploaded will be replaced with the new versions.

Any new files I upload will already be elder enabled, but until I get all the old ones finished and re-uploaded, I won't be uploading any new ones.

I will try and get this finished as soon as I can, the change is actually so simple it's funny. It's just a bit time consuming, however I personally want what I've done to be elder enabled for my own game and it would be beyond selfish of me to not share with everyone here who has been so kind to download what I have made.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but I do hope you will all be as excited as I am about this new skill.

God bless Alet, Nonni and Rebecah for teaching me this and making me get excited about the game all over again. I LOVE YOU ALL!!! :icon_hug:

We love you too, dear MM!  :1hug:  And we love your clothing!

I would recommend that you do not change all your files, it's such a lot of work. Why don't you change those you really want for elders and the others on request?

:ROLF:  I already started and found out that it goes very fast. I already have 3 finished and by that I mean all of the colours for one outfit finished. Also redoing them in SimPE means there is still only one file per recolour which will not increase the size of anyone's download folder. That's nice, especially for me, you all do not want to know the actual size of my downloads folder when I put it back in to play the game..... :ROLF:  I am a downloadaholic, remember?  :ROLF:  :ROLF:

I still blame Rebecah for that because if it were not for her making me learn in the beginning, none of this would be happening.

:ROLF:  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :slapLaugh:

Seriously, Rebecah, :Thank_you:  for everything. :icon_hug:  I may eventually need a computer the size of the ones in Nassau but I'll cross that bridge if it ever happens.  :grin: 

Congrats - I love how excited you are when you learn something new. It's very encouraging :366915:  I never realized you didn't know how to do that. I learned how to do it in Simpe a few years back after looking and not finding SBB clothing enabled for Elders. Someone at MTS told me how to do it. Ever since then I no longer download clothing for Elders I just enable everything for YA thru Elders.  That's why Miss Sassy clothing fit her the way they do :grin:. I also have 2 mods in my game that affects elder body (one for CAS Elders) and for adults aging to elder; they allow the Sims to retain upright bodies and corrects their walking.

I have to say I am beyond grateful that Miss Mouse has taken up the banner to enable AF clothing for elders. I'm just so slow. Thank you, MM! :icon_hug:

There is just such awful clothing for elders and the saggy parts and those saddle bag hips are just so sad. This project is going fairly quickly because it's such a simple change. I hope to actually finish by the weekend and replace the ones already uploaded with the new files. Once I do that, then I can upload all the new ones I have waiting in the wings.

I'm probably more excited to have these in my own game because I so hate what came with the game.

I guess I get really excited anytime I learn something new because it is just so cool. It was always me downloading things other people made because I never had the belief that I could learn how to do it.

The other thing is that as silly as this sounds, it keeps my brain active. I have to stay focused and keep my concentration. Those were two areas that I really struggled with and the improvements I've made are wonderful.

I admit, sometimes I peek to see how many of my things are downloaded and it still amazes me that people actually download what I've done. Feels kinda good to know now I am responsible for increasing the size of people's downloads folders instead of the other way around. :ROLF:  Now I have to also blame myself for the increased size of my downloads folder.  :slapLaugh:

I am so happy for you and I agree that the clothing for the elders are not good at all. Looking forward to see your work. :389-Amours-love-:

I also have 2 mods in my game that affects elder body (one for CAS Elders) and for adults aging to elder; they allow the Sims to retain upright bodies and corrects their walking.

I wasn't even aware of this mod! Have to go find it :) Thank you, Marbi!

Congrats - I love how excited you are when you learn something new. It's very encouraging :366915:  I never realized you didn't know how to do that. I learned how to do it in Simpe a few years back after looking and not finding SBB clothing enabled for Elders. Someone at MTS told me how to do it. Ever since then I no longer download clothing for Elders I just enable everything for YA thru Elders.  That's why Miss Sassy clothing fit her the way they do :grin:. I also have 2 mods in my game that affects elder body (one for CAS Elders) and for adults aging to elder; they allow the Sims to retain upright bodies and corrects their walking.

I went looking for these mods and can't find them. Is it possible to provide a link LilSis?