UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Pierre

sorry if this sounds like a mini vent but my mood today is a bit fowl

Hello to all,

sorry if this sounds like a mini vent but my mood is a bit fowl last month my mom and me had to have the dryer check out by a tech because the dryer was leaving  like a burnt sent in the house luckly the tech told us it was just the dryer heating element that needed to be change, but now i have to deal with the fac the the auto cycles witch also controls the moisture sensor of the dryer that detects automaticly if the clothes are dry to shut off the dryer no longer works i have to rely on the time dry cycle when i do laundry for me and my mom. The worst part is because we live in a condo we can't even have install on the grass an outdoor clothes rack set up to line dry if i do laundry thatsforce me to use the dryer everytime summer like winter, the worst thing i hate is throwing out food that spoiled in the fridge because my mom and me did not eat it. In other word i feel like today is not my day.

Sorry for my small vent i am off my soapbox now

Bless your heart, sweetie. :love:  It is good to share burdens. :Smiley10-1:  I pray that you will find relief and strength to endure these troublesome things.

todayi am better as the old saying go i think i woke up on the wrong side of the bed lol

Pierre, I am sorry you were having a rough go of it. I am glad you are doing better now.

We certainly have all had our share of crummy days and I agree with Nonni.

It's nice to be able to vent and share your burdens with others who care.

Big Hug! happyhuggers-1.gif

We are always pleased and happy when you come by, whether you are sharing helpful information or making requests or need to vent. :icon_hug:

well againi feel like my day is going fowl yesterday i had laundry to do 1 of my shirts requiered to be wash with bleach (anything that i use bleach with i wash alone*) guest what happen the washer door latch since i have a generation 1 whirlpool duet front load washer almost broke the plastic latch i am including pictures

11mc400.jpg

2mplqaq.jpg

my mom and me will call a tech to have that check if its fixable we will have it repaired unless the tech tell us that the parts for or model washer have been discontinued then thats another story because that means buying a new set when or 11 year ol set is still good even if they will need replacement eventualy i am doing research topload and newer frontload models in the front load department what i like on the newer models is thta i can fill the detergent dispenser once and when it needs refilling the washer lets me know smart dispense system and i like the idea if i need to or if someone is sick to have the option to use a sanitize wash cycle if needed and the washer can also give us the option before a load to presoak and treat stains perfect for me since my mom do decorative wood painting or canvas for paint stains or food stains as well as a steam stain treatment depending on the model. I will post an update when i know more

Wow! sounds like a really high end washer! We got a new cheapie one at Sears here a few years ago when ours went out, which has a thing that automatically locks the lid down when it starts going, so you can't add stuff without stopping it after it starts running. It is a safety system, but one that drives me nuts lol.  Can you glue the latch back on with some super style glue?  

thats something i have not tough of buti suggested to my mom we have the washer check by a tech it is 11 years old after all but thank you

*Edit and update tommorow we will call in a tech to have the washer check keep your fingers cross thats its fixable and that the tech will have the part or that the tech will not tell us the parts are discontinued and that we will need to buy a new set first thing first 

What a dilemma! :Empathy: I hope you will get good news from the repair guy.

i know i will keep everyone posted on that the worst that the repair guy could say is that the parts for or washer are discontinued since or washer is a 2004 generation 1 duet frontload washer witch means that my mom and me would have to cough out 2000$ +tax + the delivery fee + plus finding a store that would deliver in 24 hours if we chnge or washer dryer set + the installation fee since some stores charge for the installation of the washer dryer + i would have to buy new fill hose for the washer since fill hose are no longer included with the washer and not sure or old ones would fit on the newer models but the first step is to have the washer check up then we will see

nope my mom and me might try the suerglue for the latch

We had to replace our washer and dryer and went form a top load washer to a front load washer.

I much prefer the front load. Ours came with those pedestals so they sit higher up and I no longer have to bend to put laundry in either the washer or dryer.

Plus, I am a wee bit short and couldn't reach all the way down to the bottom of the top load washing machine and so I had a stool that I used to get all of the laundry out. One particular day somehow the stool got pushed away when I was reaching in the machine and I was stuck for about an hour.... :ROLF:  It still makes me laugh when I think about it. I was too far in the machine and couldn't find any footing to get myself out.....that won't happen with the front load.

I hope you can get the parts needed to fix your dryer. Buying a new set is expensive.

I have my fingers crossed. :icon_hug:

so far the dryer did not need new parts just a simple cleaning of the heating element and dryer works like new the only thing is that i can not rely on the auto cycle moisture sensor not kicking in or stops the dryer at the wrong  time witch can leave the clothes still damp but on time dry the load gets perfectly dry

Well that is good at least! Mine is not reliable either about stopping. The difference is it will keep going like the energizer bunny but after the time runs out, so does the heat so it is just blowing cold air in it!

i think over time and the years the moisture sensor stops working thank goodness for manual cycle at least i can adjust the time depending on the size of the load

They just don't make things like they used to. We've been in our house for 18 years and last summer we had to replace our fridge, stove, washer and dryer. Everything quit working within a couple of weeks of each other. The stove was no longer manufactured and we couldn't get parts, the fridge had the pump overheat and burn out. The washer sprung a leak and the dryer stopped heating. Since the washer and dryer were second hand when we got them Dave wasn't interested in trying to find parts to fix either one.

I'm happy your fixes were relatively simple and you were spared the expense of replacing them.

thank you mission mouse to bad appliance today are not like the appliance that where made in the 1970 my grandmother had a very good dryer that lasted her from 1970 to 2009 she bough her dryer around 1970 she add a big family and that includes grand kids she even had a washer that would be my age today if she did not had to replace it the year my grandfather passway my grandmother 1970 model dryer lasted her for 40 years

2nu1u8l.jpg

here is a picture of her dryer that she replace in 2009 she now lives in a nursing home

Wow these days things are just made to last you a few years and then break down, so you are forced to replace them. They don't make replacement parts for long either.

i know i am wondering if for the washer dryer my mom and me have right now since they are 2004 generation 1 whirlpool duet are still made today witch i doubt just keeping my fingers cross that they last 2 more years max estimating here or until my mom and me can afford to buy a new set because i have a feeling that the washer will fail soon when its on the 0:09 0:08 minute mark final spin the washer then to stop rebalance the load until the washer reach 0:05 minute then kick in final spin or worst in that mark the washer decide a final rinse is needed before kicking into the final spin and i did not set the extra rinse option to on

Yeah sounds like last legs all right!Hopefully it stays stable for awhile so you can do some looking around and saving up for another one. Anywhere you can put one on layaway?

well i am doing research that a step but as long as it works it do not prevent me for doing laundry

May God guide you, pierre. When things get desperate for me when trying to solve a problem, I finally give up and let God go to work. :cheesy: