UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Mission Mouse

*BONK*

Jake was being so funny today. We had a game of tag and he ran and ran all over the house. Then I thought maybe he should go outside, just in case......

He was maybe a little too excited and instead of waiting for me to open the door ran smack dab into the door.

When they do that as hard as Jake did it, I wonder.....do they see stars?

Do they get a headache?  :sherlockholmes:

Later it started to rain and I think he didn't know because he let me know he wanted outside. I opened the door, he raced outside, got about half way across the deck, and suddenly realized it was raining. He turned and gave me *stink eye*... :ROLF:

I am so bad cause I was laughing so he came right back in and went to his puppy pad and peed. I got a second *stink eye* look..... :ROLF:

He ignored me for about an hour and then decided that I had been sufficiently punished and came for snuggles.

I so love puppy snuggles, and kisses and I even love his funny burps. :389-Amours-love-:

Aw. My dogs aren't nearly as apt to give me that stink eye look as my cats are. We have been having to give our cat antibiotics lately and he sure has been giving us the look a lot. My chihuahuas are cuddle bunnies. My four pound wonder likes to cuddle up in my shirt while I sit at the computer. My husband's will climb up on the kitchen counter if we don't notice him quickly enough in the morning and insist on being petted right now. I keep telling him he isn't a cat lol.

I don't often get the stink eye from either cat, but I do get grouched at from both. Squeak is the more vocal, she *speaks* often. Pip is just louder but doesn't speak as much.

Jake is the champion of pouters.

I hate having to give medication to any of them. Jake can find ANY pill hidden in any kind of food. I can't even hide them using peanut butter because Jake doesn't like peanut butter.

I can however, give any kind of pill medication to the cats. I just swaddle them in a baby blanket, and then I pop the pill down their throat. Then I let them go and make sure I'm not in their way. :ROLF: Sometimes they do get revenge, but not often.

There really isn't another way to pop a pill down a cat's throat except to swaddle them. Especially if you prefer to have the skin on you body remain on your body and not shredded to bits on the floor.

I can't handle being scratched as the area then swells and usually gets infected. I got bit once, but that was my fault and it didn't get infected. I do have to be careful with any broken skin as whatever it is that the cats secrete irritates it and it always, always swells. 

If Jake is over excited he does nip, but he's never broken the skin. That happens when we play with him and he gets really wound up.

I agree on the blanket thing. We usually use a bath towel here. If we aren't careful we usually get all scratched up. And for some reason, yeah, cat scratches tend to get more infected than dog stuff around here too. Not sure why.

:ROLF:  I did a bonk this morning to myself. :ROLF:

I really need to remember to put on my glasses before I do some things, like opening doors, walking around, pretty much anything. I went to let Jake out and misjudged the space between me and the door because I didn't have my glasses on. I didn't see stars, but I did get a pretty good aching spot on my forehead for the morning. :ROLF:

In spite of his attempts to heal the bump with puppy kisses, I actually had to take aspirin.

Mind you, after laying down for about 20 minutes and having Jake cuddle with me the ache went away. I'm not sure which worked first, the aspirin or the cuddles. :grin:

It's that time of yeah again  :(  time to take in the patio furniture and the tent gazebo. So now our deck is bare except for the leaves that are falling off the trees. Jake has now much more space to race around on the deck, but it's those leaves :o

Apparently one of them had the nerve to move!!! Well that freaked Jake out and he went bonkers. I mean he literally lost his mind. :slapLaugh:  He barked at it, he pounced near it, he glared at it, he did everything except actually touch the leaf. :ROLF:

I figured that at some point he'd accidentally touch it and then realize it was nothing to be afraid of, but he never did touch it. I had to actually pick up the darn leaf and show him it was harmless. He did this once before with a rock. I had to pick that rock up and throw it over the fence before he calmed down. If I have to do that with each and every leaf..... :shocked:

But he'll race all over the back yard, through all the leaves and not be bothered by them at all....go figure.

It's that time of yeah again  :(  time to take in the patio furniture and the tent gazebo.

Time has just flown by this year. Jake has done his part in pulling us through.

I need a break. *sigh* Chippy, the resident chipmunk is very busy stocking up his winter supply. This means frequent trips across the deck which translates into Jake going bananas. I know that cheeky chipmunk knows Jake can't get him and I swear he's running across the deck just to torment Jake.

When Dave was finished building his new shed, Chippy moved in underneath. Dave of course, supplied him with sunflower seeds all summer. He's nice and chubby but he still needs his storehouse of supplies to get through the winter.

In the meantime Jake barks and barks and barks......*sigh*