UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
gayars

Something Funny

I had a tuxedo cat, (black and white) Morgan. Morgan would climb to the top of the tree and knock off the ornaments. Then he'd run down the tree and play with that ornament until he broke it. Back up the tree he'd go and down would come another ornament. He repeated this process until he had removed every ornament from the tree.

The next Christmas we bought plastic ornaments but Morgan did the same thing anyway, only this time no ornaments were broken.

Our cat Sascha just made herself a nest and slept in the Christmas tree.

Then along came Bandit, Misty, Pip and Squeak and there was no way the tree could survive the repeated attacks. We picked up a fallen tree almost every day.

After that Dave wouldn't put up a tree and then we were never here for Christmas anyway.

With Jake, :o  NO way are we putting up a tree. He doesn't need an indoor potty station.

I got caught up in that and some more topics, wasted a good 30 minutes (I would probably do it again).  gingerbreadman.gif

We stopped putting up a tree a couple of years ago, no room, and the cats destroy it, the dogs would chase the cats up the tree, and like Jake, would consider it an indoor potty station. We tried a small little one, but the cat kept knocking it off the shelf. 

We don't even wrap any more, we just hand each other gifts LOL. 

We stopped exchanging gifts a few year back, we just went around the table and said what Blessings we received that year and what we are grateful for. Then Dave's dad would tell the Christmas story. We still got presents for the wee ones, it's just the adults who celebrate Christmas without the gifts. It's just so much easier for all of us plus we have become stronger in our faith.

I got a box of chocolates lol.  I bought stuff for the kids of course, and family stuff in general and hubby a computer. I think it is a wonderful idea how your family does it! My kids wouldn't let me get away with it of course. However, one of them, although 30 is actually 5 mentally. The other is a teenager even tho she is 25, and I can't skip my son's because he wouldn't understand. And I can't skip my daughter's because I can't skip my sons lol. 

However hubby might not get anything next year ;)