UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Mission Mouse

Cool

Where my in-laws live they have white squirrels. In all the time I have known them I have never seen any of the white squirrels that they see all the time.

On Christmas Day, I finally saw one, they are so pretty, all white.

Then today another cool sighting. I was freaking out a bit at first cause I was hearing this noise that reminded me of the ice storm we had and how the branches from our maple tree began crashing down. I was looking all around the back yard, trying to figure out if the tree was going to lose more branches and then I saw what was making the noise.

A woodpecker.....I have never ever seen one before. He sure was busy!!

I do hope he found something to eat.

Aw that is awesome! We see squirrels and chipmunks etc. all the time, but I have never seen a white one either!

We have a chipmunk that has set up housekeeping underneath the new shed Dave built. Dave made sure he had food all spring and summer.

I make Jake chase away the squirrels as they can do a lot of damage to wiring.

It's finally snowing here, but I don't know if it will last or even stay. Jake went a bit bonkers when he went outside and played for a bit in the snow. I don't let him stay outside too long anymore in the winter as he seems to have developed a sensitivity to the cold on his one back foot. As soon as he starts keeping that foot from touching the ground, I make him come inside.

Or 3 minutes, which ever comes first.

A white squirrel! How neat! I have never seen one!

I haven't seen a chipmunk since we left Pennsylvania when I was a teen (decades and decades ago). 

I used to love watching birds when I lived by the lake in the country (in the 90s).

Woodpeckers are interesting to observe.

I still enjoy bird watching, but don't see near the variety where I live now.

That's awesome we have a white squirrel that lives in out back yard. The funny thing is that it and my cat Gemma HATE eachother. Gemma will call at the window trying to get out and the squirrel has thrown several pecans at the window and chittered irrattely when Gemma's there. Lol

That's awesome we have a white squirrel that lives in out back yard. The funny thing is that it and my cat Gemma HATE eachother. Gemma will call at the window trying to get out and the squirrel has thrown several pecans at the window and chittered irrattely when Gemma's there. Lol

That is too funnee!

I have never even heard of a white squirrel. We only have grey and red squirrels where I live. It's lovely to watch them eating the nuts I hang in my garden trees for them. I would so love to see a white squirrel!

I have a nephew who is a hunter and he has told us of spotting white-coated deer other mutations. Unfortunately, the cost of a hunting license and ammunition is so high that hunters are becoming 'an endangered species'. Spotting white deer has become common place in NC farming communities, and due to the over-large population, deer pose a threat to crops.

Well I looked into getting my son a fishing license (irony? he probably wouldn't catch anything anyway, but to even take him fishing he would have to have one) but they are so expensive. The bigger irony? I who don't fish and can't stand to (too boring lol) was just going to get the helper's license or whatever it is called for people who go with people to help them fish (I presume it is mostly for home health aides etc.) and it cost more to get that than to get a second fishing license for me!  The good news is I might just get one for my husband instead, and just tag along and play on my phone er fix food ;) since he would actually enjoy it and you can actually check fishing poles out at the local library here believe it or not! However I would imagine that a lot of people wouldn't be able to afford guns, ammunition, and the license for the deer any more. I know a lot of people who actually have hunted in years past as a way to provide cheaper meat for their families throughout the year. I don't think that is a feasible solution any more.