• Announcements

• Rebecah

Registration   06/19/2016

If you are unable to login to the site please re-register.  Our member table had some issues and any member who has never posted in the forums or made comments was removed. There is no reason to register if you do not intend to participate in some way.   A membership is not required to read the forums or download the files. Thank you for your patience and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone.
    • Rebecah

Themes   06/19/2016

Members you are able to set your own theme preference.  At the bottom of the page, you should find an option that says "Theme" click the down arrow and select the theme of your choice. I have found that some themes are causing problems so I have removed several of them.  If there was one you really liked please let me know.
    • gayars

Tumblr   06/29/2016

We now have a Tumblr! If you are a Tumblr user, or just like to browse Tumblr for sims info, please join us at Affinity-Sims and keep up with all the latest downloads and announcements!
    • MaAlet

Memory Book for Nonni   08/07/2016

Nonni's family has graciously asked us to participate in a memory book. They would appreciate members of the Sims Community being a part of this very special book. Those who want to participate, post your messages here and your messages will be added to Nonni's Memory Book.
    • Rebecah

Downloads   08/12/2016

Downloads are now available.  I believe I have all of the files back online.
Mission Mouse

New Year, New Stuffs

176 posts in this topic

I just thought I would give you all a sneak peek to some of the things I am working on.

1_zpstprjnvpz.jpg

This is Bunhead's Oversize Blazer, with the teen conversion. I think it makes a classy outfit. The blazer will be found in the *tops* section so you can pair it with whatever you want.

2_zpsa1k4fbkz.jpg

The left image is an H&M dress converted from the adults mesh to a teen mesh.

The outerwear, Cocomoma converted the adult outerwear for teens and I rather like this particular outerwear.

2 people like this

I have some very nice plaids that I think will look awesome on that blazer mesh. I was so happy to find a teen conversion, but it requires the adult files so I will also make an adult version and also elder enable it. It's a bit strange that on the original, the one button that holds the blazer closed is different from the other buttons :hmm:  I may actually make all the buttons the same.

3 people like this

I like that blazer, it is very classy and nice.

4 people like this

Now that I kinda understand that dead box file link work-around, I also got this pair of pants I have been wanting for forever. It's the same pants that came with those totally awesome Cat Flats, but this mesh has Bunhead's Peeptoe shoes. Then after searching for a long time, I came across a teen conversion for those pants too.

What I will wind up with is an elder, adult and teen version of the blazer and the pants. I decided to make the pants and blazers the same patterns. I'm too lazy to go through them all and find matching solid colours for the plaid patterns for the blazers.

Like usual I found I had a ton of patterns I wanted to use for these two outfits. With all the things I want to get done for teens and then males as well, I will have absolutely NO time to get into any kind of trouble.

I kinda miss doing the furniture and drapes and that stuff, but doing clothing is a real challenge. Sometimes what I think looks amazing, doesn't quite look that great in the game. I find that I really do enjoy what I am doing now, mixing and matching different meshes.

2 people like this

I like piecing together different meshes and outfits to create something completely different. It is a really fun challenge, like putting together pieces of a puzzle :)

3 people like this

Guess what I did today! I couldn't get this outfit to quit being too shiny, no matter what I did. So I went into simpe and changed the txmt!

3 people like this

So I am finding that most of the outfits I like for my girl teens need the adult files as well. So I guess that I am going to wind up with a lot of multi-generational outfits.

I am working on two in-game winter outfits for teen girls. The parka one, although I don't really like it, and the one that has a scarf with a sweater, which I am starting to like more and more. I changed the jeans to be black, I finally figured out how to make black recolours. I wanted a pair of jeans that would go with anything and it was either grey or black. The grey ones just didn't do it for me.

I am almost finished the blazer, I really like what I have finished so far. My big problem is that I pick too many patterns and then get bored doing the same outfit over and over, so I always have about 6 or 7 outfits on the go at the same time so I can switch back and forth. I've tried thinning out the patterns I pick, but I fail miserably as I like all of them.

The one thing I have found is that there are very few longer length skirts for teens. I really don't want my teens butts to be so close to the skirt hemline. I don't necessarily need the skirts to be knee length, but most of the skirts I did look at were just too short for my taste.

3 people like this

There is a wee glitch here, but it's my glitch and I am fixing it. Just thought I'd give you a peek. 

post-13171-0-96295500-1453977788_thumb.j

2 people like this

Lookin good :) I am so going through withdrawal :/.

2 people like this

I fixed my small glitch and then also went and did another Maxis Winter outfit for teen girls.

post-13171-0-32546500-1454075761_thumb.j

post-13171-0-83034000-1454075763_thumb.j

3 people like this

Squeee! Love the parka's!

I am so exited about your new interest in Teen clothing, good work, MM. :noddingSmiley::up4:

Lookin good :) I am so going through withdrawal :/.

Gina, :Empathy: I am just starting to get back the strength and energy to play and create in my game. I will post an image in a separate thread.

2 people like this

I am still doing those blazers. I thought I had all the same patterns for the blazers and Bunhead's Skinny Jeans with peep-toe shoes, but I messed up and didn't have all of them in both folders. Once I got that figured out, I had to re-number every single subfolder, which in turn messed up my other folders that have other projects in them. :slapLaugh:  Why mess up small when you can do it BIG! :ROLF: The blazers look fantastic with plaid patterns, in my opinion.

I really didn't like those sweaters with scarves until I started working on them. I kinda like that outfit now. I loathed the parka with the snow pants and wasn't even going to do anything with that one. I don't know what changed my mind.

1 person likes this

Oh yeah nothing like starting a small project and it winding up being a gigantic one instead.

Am doing something similar to my house. Putting in like 5-6 hours a day cleaning. Have to have something to entertain me while my computer is down. Lol. See something that needs cleaned. Look over and realize such and such I thought was fine now looks dirty/messy now that the original something is clean. Even got the kids to help scrub the kitchen and hallway walls LOL.

2 people like this

I got side-tracked and started another teen outfit. :shocked:  I've been working on this one for the last 4 days. :shocked:  Just when I thought I had all the bugs ironed out, another one popped up.

There was always one white pixel somewhere that just laughed at me. I'd get it and then see another one! Finally I deleted everything I had worked on and started fresh. :up4:  Yippee!!

NO white pixels anywhere they shouldn't be, mocking me. I am pretty sure they would not jump off the screen and bite someone in the nose, but I knew they were there and it drove me bananas.

Between that struggle and the other struggle to adapt to the new medications, well it's not been the best couple of weeks of my life. It did have some high points, Dave cooked when he was home, and Jake would literally dive into my bed and get comfy for the snuggling I needed. We have reached an agreement, he gets to keep my one pillow. :slapLaugh:

Well truthfully, I decided that being growled at while trying to reclaim my one pillow was just not worth the aggravation it was causing. That and Dave went out and bought me a new pillow. :slapLaugh:

2 people like this

I seem to have misplaced some of my female adult rars.... :1doh1:  I need them for some of the new female teen outfits. I was positive I had even made them, the adult files, and uploaded them....

Then I had to do that box link work-around to get the adult files I needed. It's possible that when I make the teen and adult recolours, I may wind up having some doubles of my adult female clothings.

I believe I am slowly going :insane:

2 people like this

Man sounds like my mind lately! You think it could be the new medication that makes you sleepy causing it?

2 people like this

I do actually. I forget which ones actually listed tiredness as a side effect....but now when I nap, it's like a 4 hour nap. :o  Jake loves it. He's even figured out that once I am asleep, I am completely zonked and that's the best time for him to sneak up and nudge my head a bit so he can have his head right beside mine. We wake up nose to nose now. :grin:

2 people like this

Awwww that is sweet. Wish you didn't have to sleep so much tho :(

2 people like this

I hope and pray that the sleep will help you to heal.

2 people like this