UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Mission Mouse

New Year, New Stuffs

This morning, just for the fun of it, I went through every female outfit for teens and adults and young adults that are in the game. You know without a doubt that you are getting old when some of those outfits make your jaw drop. Then again if you have ever watched those fashion shows on TV from time to time, some of those outfits are the weirdest things I have ever seen.

I had a good laugh wondering where the ideas came from for the outfits in the game. I know some have to be just for a story line, but others.... :o  They just make no sense to me at all.

Tell me about it! I was so glad on the day I found custom content for my simmies' wardrobes.

I have a couple of things almost ready for upload. I was bad today and went pattern searching.

I can't believe all the new patterns I downloaded.... :shocked:

It's going to be even harder to choose for outfits now.  :1doh1:

Sometimes I am not operating on all cylinders. I'm like the hamster on his wheel, only I am the hamster that is sleeping... :grin: it's not the hamster who is dead, it's my brain.... :1doh1:

I was just tinkering around with some patterns I found that I liked but they were way too small. Stretching them out distorted them, cutting and pasting, copying and pasting didn't always work. Then while I was at Spoonflower fabrics I downloaded way too many fabrics I just had to have and when I was checking them out with my paint program I realized that these patterns will copy and paste and make a full 1024 X 1024 pattern that actually looks really good for clothing.

The images are small enough that when I copy and paste them onto a 1024 X 1024 blank image, they actually look like properly sized patterns for Sims clothing. Most of the ones I got are actually square and are seamless which is perfect. Sometimes patterns I have that I just love, just don't resize properly for something I am working on and the pattern is just a tad bit too big for clothing for Sims that looks real.

Polka dots are an example, if you look for micro dot mini dots, those make great patterns for Sims clothing, but regular polka dots just look like huge circles that look ridiculous.

I love all the different plaids out there, but they have to be on outfits that don't stretch the plaid out of shape. Spoonflower had so many plaids that downloaded as 173 X 173 and even though I had to copy and paste like a gazillion to make one 1024 X 1024 size pattern, I have so many to choose from now and I even found some outfits that won't distort the plaid pattern.

Nonni, if you hadn't kept at me to learn how to do clothing I would not be in the fix I am in now. :ROLF:   :Thank_you:  :Thank_you:

I have no idea how many recolours I have done but I am still having such a blast doing this.

I kinda, sorta apologize for overloading people's downloads folders, but only kinda, sorta. :slapLaugh:

Nonni, if you hadn't kept at me to learn how to do clothing I would not be in the fix I am in now. :ROLF:   :Thank_you:  :Thank_you:

I had an ulterior motive. Mwaa-ha! villian_zpspomytx17.jpg

Spoonflower huh? "Remembers that for future reference"

Riley Blake is a really good creator of fabric to follow, off the top of my head I can't think of the ones I usually look for. Usually I just google *fabrics* or *fabric images* and then specify a size.

This is how I found some really good collections. You'll more than likely find tons and tons of patterns that reflect your taste. It's lots of fun looking for them!

I finally tackled this adult female dress cause I like it so much. Then I found a teen conversion of an adult skirt, but the shoes have been swapped with flats. I think the flats are perfect for our teens. Anyway, here is a sneak peek.

post-13171-0-42062200-1457077913_thumb.j

post-13171-0-19136100-1457077916_thumb.j

So...I was searching all over the net and boy did I find some good stuffs for our teen females.

Then one thing I found, I didn't want the entire outfit, just the top and I came across this amazing tutorial for separating a top from a bottom. That is the next thing I am going to learn.

I did try shoe swapping, I got so confused cause you go into body shop, then SimPE, then Milkshape and I probably don't even have that in the correct order.

I also found the cool teen male outfits, pants with snazzy suspenders.

I even found something I like that I don't normally like, it's a skirt with the *Doc* boots. I can totally see one of my teens wearing that skirt with those boots.

I am recovering from emergency gall bladder surgery, but it's going very well. How are you? It's been forever.....are we going to do some stuff again?

I finally got myself organized and uploaded some teen stuff. I have found some beautiful new to me stuff and am now working on them.

I got so frustrated with not being able to print off the shoe swap tutorial, I went in search of things to recolour.  :ROLF:

3_zpsg8noddsv.jpg

1_zpsdum2chil.jpg

2_zpssrret3nt.jpg

These are my recolours of a 4t2 conversion by MDP. It's called a *Round Blazer*

The ones by MDP are solid colours and I decided to try and see what different patterns would come out looking like. I decided to keep the under-blouse white so the blazer could be paired up with anything.

4_zpswjj8pxio.jpg

This one, also by MDP is called *Cardigan Long Drape* Hey it's a cardigan and I just love different types of cardigans for my Sims. :ROLF:

NICE! Well I understand. I figured out the texture thing, made a ton of recolors, which only part of them worked, I am beginning to figure out the right consistency for the chair, then to celebrate, I brought up my 14.6 gb sims 2 folder to play.  I thought I had earned it (this after realizing I was just too tired for bhav tutorials at 9 o'clock at night  :ROLF: ) then realized I was also too tired to play  :ROLF: so I dozed at the computer, and then went to bed. THEN of course, I couldn't sleep, so I played on my phone instead for a half hour and finally went to sleep. THEN I dreamed of meshing and simpe all night too  :slapLaugh: . Meantime I am playing a retro hood at the moment. I also have a tropical castaway type neighborhood too.  The thing is, I realized I don't have enough retro type clothes in my hood. So expect 1950's type clothing soon :)

The thing is, I realized I don't have enough retro type clothes in my hood. So expect 1950's type clothing soon :)

Hot diggity dog!

Remember when I recoloured this teen outfit?

1_zps6donko0m.jpg

Well I found the one it's based off of in the game, and then I found an adult mesh conversion of this same outfit. It's by Dustfinger from MTS.

2_zps4grrmxej.jpg

Seriously, I have not once ever seen a teenage girl wearing anything like this EVER and we live very close to a high school. It still needs work as the sweater doesn't have a knit appearance and I think it needs that. But I do think it makes a lovely adult outfit.

Here is that cardigan you sent me to see Gayars....

1_zpscwofkvdh.jpg

Sorry, it's a terrible picture but I was too lazy and tired to put it in the game.