UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Mission Mouse

New Year, New Stuffs

Did either of you catch that the buttons are on the wrong side for girls? I think it's possible this may be a male to female conversion. Not that I care, it's so easy to recolour this one!

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a 50's type of outfit....

1_zpsyn3h7ynu.jpg

This is the teen conversion by Trapping of an outfit for adult female by Sentate from MTS.

I've already done the adult recolours, but that was before I was more adventurous.

I'm pretty sure all the adult recolours were plain and this time I wanted the jackets to be different.

The last one is very nice and I love the shoes. Have a pair that looks just like that. :)

Sometimes I need a bit of a break from all these clothes. I might read a book or even look back at stuff I've done and want to maybe give it a makeover.

I have all these new patterns and some of them are what I think of as vintage or antique. That got me wondering.....and so this is what I have been working on.

1_zpswi0s88qg.jpg

My absolutely favourite bedroom of all time, SimplanX Antiquities Bedroom. I had already done a lot of recolours for this set, but since then I have learned so much more. I found a texture image to give the quilt part of the bedding an actual quilted look. Then I found some lovely antique embroidered lace that I used for the pillows, they didn't recolour, but the off white look I think is perfect. I toyed around with the Lucas Bedding tool, and made templates because I prefer the scalloped look. 

3_zpsw0mhjelj.jpg

As much as I also love SimplanX's curtains that go with the Antiquities set, I actually preferred Maylin's (MTS) Victorian curtains for the bedroom.

2_zpsosw38kzy.jpg

They come in 2 sizes, 1 tile and 2 tile which is perfect for a bedroom.

I'm still working on the rest of the set, the vanity, the wall candles and a 512X512 rug.

I also am working on recolours for the living room set and the bathroom set. For the living room I will stick with the Antiquities curtain, and the bathroom set has it's own Antiquities curtain.

As an added bonus, I am also making the toilet mat, bath mat and half moon bath mat for the Antiquities bathroom.

I'm very proud of the bath mats as I actually had to make the design on them myself.

I will also have the 512X512 rug for the bedroom sets and the living room sets.

It might be more work, but I also think what I will do is rar up each full set in it's own rar so if someone only wants a particular one, that is what they can download.

As usual I will also include the rar for the required meshes as a separate download.

So now you know why I haven't been uploading too much, I've been preoccupied with this set.

I decided to see if the bath rugs would post even though it's just the pattern and they are only 256X256.  Got my fingers :CrossFingers:

A_zpstweg8fsg.jpg

I have a dilemma with Maylin's curtains. I don't believe they are slaved so that means 4 recolours  for the 1 tile and 2 tile curtains. That's because there is the normal one and also the diagonal one. Is there an EASY way to slave a curtain file?

Thanks, we are having power issues here today, it keeps going on and off. :mad:

Not a good day at all, and it's always going off right in the middle of what I am working on.

So today it's pouring off and on. That means the power will go off and on as well. Thankfully they have not predicted thunder storms, but just in case I have Jake's *thunder shirt* sitting on my desk. It's a wonderful invention, you put it on your dog, and it wraps around him/her very snug and it makes them feel like they are getting a constant hug. It really does calm them down.

I don't understand why they don't make them for people, I hate thunder storms and I could use one of these for me!

SimplanX made some truly beautiful sets, I have some more bedrooms I am thinking about recolouring, but since it's coming on Summer and it's always nice to sit out in the backyard....

1_zpszwbj92je.jpg

2_zpss3bve4cj.jpg

I'm not normally a fan of wicker furniture but I stumbled across some pretty wicker and one of them just happened to be blue  :slapLaugh:

Also, I was curious about recolouring objects since I forgot a lot of what I learned and so I looked into it.

I learned something new and actually very important. I was in the habit of importing my recolours but there is actually a better way. Once you have open in SimPE what you want to recolour,    don't use *import*. Instead click on the item image, and select *Build DXT* Also from that same image that opens up, select in DXT format  *None*

Then just click on build. It will want the png image you made to import, and once that is selected you just click *Build*.

When you do it that way, your recolour is actually a much better quality.

*Build DXT* Also from that same image that opens up, select in DXT format  *None*

Yes, that's the best way to do it. Then you can change the size of your image also, to the size you want it to be :)

Oh my, I was at my favourite fabric site and I accidentally stumbled across awesome quilt swatches. I'm working on getting them sized properly which is very easy because most of the swatches can be copied and pasted until I get a proper image.

I haven't done bedding in such a long time and these fabrics have got me excited.

I absolutely love quilts, although my taste is more towards traditional and old fashioned. When I get them finished, I'll be uploading them.

I really need a break from clothing and this has got me excited all over again.

Awesome! I have to vary things or I get bored. 5 projects or so at a time is about right lol. This week tho, we are doing work on the house. We are emptying our storage room and turning it back into a bedroom. Then we will be having our bathroom redone in July. Ripping up carpet too! Right now that is.

We had that company *Bathfitters* come in and redo our tub. They did an awesome job, and we now have glass doors for the shower. I really didn't care for the shower curtains as they always flapped and drove me batty.

All I have been doing these days has been to find new patterns and the copy and paste them into the different sizes, 512 X 512, 1024 X 1024, and 1024 X 512 (for bedding) and then putting them into the proper categories in my patterns folders.

I've really been having problems getting into the site, most of the time I've been getting the *404* error. I've updated my browser but it hasn't seemed to help. Today I finally got in. YIPPEE!!

First time for me too! YIPPEE! I have soooo missed the site!  I haven't had time for creating yet tho. I have been too busy trying to get my housework caught up, my running caught up, and other assorted things like paperwork caught up, since all the extraordinary cleaning that has been going on. First dumpster filled, one room emptied and become a bedroom, old bedroom fixing to be painted, and then carpet ripped out and bathroom fixed. Somewhere in there we have to get our aboveground pool cleaned, if I have the heart to kill the tadpoles that have taken up residence.... :ROLF: I am thinking really long hose that leads to creek, pump some water off, then get in with rain boots on, a net, and a bucket, then dump them in the creek by the house. 

I have made an awful lot of quilts from new patterns I've been collecting. I got a new external hard drive with 2 terabytes and managed to clean a lot of stuff from this computer. I only had 80 gigs of room left. Now I have 200 gigs free.

I have to make them in SimPE yet and then take pictures, but I wasn't sure when we could upload again. I have a ton of new patterns that I have been making into the proper sizes, 512 X 512, 1024 X 1024, and 1024 X 512 for bedding and them putting them into folders in my fabrics section. I discovered a very easy way to do this that should have dawned on me a long time ago, but didn't. :slapLaugh:

Simplan X made a bedroom suite called Song of Summer and I wanted bright summer colours for that bedroom.

I also found this awesome seat thing for a window seat made by Sunni from PlumBob's Keep. It just goes into the bay window and acts as a real seat, I think that's pretty cool.

I found a lot of pretty damask patterns that fit more with the time period of furniture that I like. Then I found a lot of tufted fabrics that will look perfect on some Maxis furniture. I even found a white one that I can just make a ton of recolours with. Copy, paste, and multiply are like my new best friends.

I also tried just using the colour thing in Corel and found out if I have the right kind of pattern, I can make a lot of recolours of that same pattern. That never dawned on me before either. :1doh1:

It does kinda bother me that I never figured this stuff out before cause now I'm a bit embarrassed about some of my earliest recolours. I still don't know how to get some stuff the way the exported image resembles, like if there are pleats and things, mine are just the pattern cause I don't know what I am supposed to do to get the same effect as the exported pattern image. There has to be some kind of trick involved but I can't figure out what it is.