UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Mission Mouse

New Year, New Stuffs

Don't feel bad! I learn new things all the time about Corel and go duh! I don't know either on the pleats. A lot of times I just try different things, to get the results I want, and one thing might work with one item, and one with another. My problem too is I don't always remember what I did to get an effect :D

Egads, I have just spent 2 hours deciding what pillow patterns I want to go with the patterns I picked for the SIP Living Room-6.

I have solid colours and patterns, I already know what I'm doing for the patterned fabric images, but I wanted to use different picture and embridery images that I have since that collection has grown a wee bit. :slapLaugh: The entire time I am trying to decide Pip is perched on the top part of my chair, giving me a hair makeover. I really don't think I need one and he never gets rid of the white ones.

Jake got a bath and had to do the zip, zip, zip all over the place. It's his version of having his hair blow dried as he is terrified of the hair dryer. The only one who is quiet and not giving me grief is Squeak. She got so angry at Jake, she went down to the basement for some peace and quiet.

Dave has gone shopping....:police: I have no clue what he is shopping for and I'm not sure what he will be bring in.....

Dave has gone shopping....:police: I have no clue what he is shopping for and I'm not sure what he will be bring in.....

Hopefully a very nice surprise!

:ROLF: Ok he went shopping on Saturday, this is Monday and for the life of me I cannot remember what he bought.

I found a matching chair and loveseat for the one sofa in the game, the value or durable one....can't remember which one.

It's only taken me 8 hours to find stripe patterns to go with the plain patterns. I was aiming for a *countrifried* look.

So now I have maybe 4 or 5 living room sets, patterns sized correctly and ready to make in SimPE. I am hoping for a good week of uploads.

Fantastic MM!  Well not that it took 8hrs but that you will be uploading, all of them. :)

I'm losing my mind. I uploaded 2 teen clothings tonight. I keep losing my ability to concentrate and stay focused today.

Somehow yesterday things got all mixed up and I'm still trying to sort myself out.

I've had too many days like that myself.  I been getting so forgetful lately.  I do hope you are able to get everything sorted out. :)

We were at Dave's dad's for Father's day and right now Toni's one grandson is staying with them. He has some issues and refuses to take any medications the Dr has provided and also will not follow any of their advice. He has severe depression and a thyroid issue like me. So Toni decided to get me to talk about my thyroid and what the medication does for me to see if it would make an impression on him. I have no idea if it did or not. But then she took it a step further and asked me tons of questions about my depression. She really pushed me and pushed me and got me talking about something I just never talk about. By the time we got home, it was having a really profound effect on me and not in a good way. I've had to  up my dosage of my anti-depressant in order to function and am at the highest level recommended by my psychiatrist. Unfortunately it also makes me very sleepy and not able to function very well. Once things calm down and I can better cope I can go back to my normal dosage and be me again.

:Empathy::1hug: Understand! Been rather non functional myself lately :( I pray you can get back to your norm soon!

I was wondering....is anyone interested in recolours that also require a CEP-extra file? For example if you have the

cep-extra file for Ektorp files, what the cep file does is make one item basically the master item and the other matching items draw their recolours from the master file. This means you have ONE recolour file instead of 3, for the Ektorp furniture set. (The Ektorp  furniture is just one example, there are others.) The only thing is, that CEP-EXTRA file has to be placed into a specific file folder in the game.

Click on the Sims2 folder, then look at the bottom of those folders and you will find one that says  

zCEP-EXTRA

The cep file goes in that folder, simple as that. The recolours go into your downloads folder.

I personally would be. I think tho offering the extra as a separate download would be good as well wouldn't it?

I think people will be interested MM.  You've done a great job explaining it and I feel you made it very easy to understand.  

Well the one for the Ikea (Ektorp) sofa set goes to a dead box link, so I'd include that one, the other ones are at MTS.

I'm working on quilt-beddings and recolours of that spx-whitewicker furniture set. I go back and forth so I don't get bored. I didn't really like the white wicker they used so I have a beige, blue and my own version of white wicker. Jake woke me up at 6am and I couldn't get back to sleep. He went out, did his business and then ran back upstairs and got into bed with Dave and he's sawing logs. I really want some more sleep, thanks Jake!! On the other hand, I only have to recolour the sofa set with the beige wicker, the rest of the beige set is done. Then I get to take pictures of the set, rar it up and upload it.

I think I may only be able to put 2 colours in 1 rar as the set doesn't have a master file, so I have to recolour the sofa, chair and lounger separately. That way for those who have a slower internet connection can still eventually get the ones they want.

I still also have some clothing, but I really need a break from that. The thing is my tastes run more towards traditional and that's pretty much what I recolour, whether it's clothing or furnishings.

One thing I am excited to get finished is that SIP living room6. I can hardly wait to see how the images I scoured the net for look as throw pillows on that sofa. I did manage to recolour the coffee table and cabinet, but that mirror was a nightmare and I'm not doing it. Besides it didn't hang on a wall, it just leaned against a wall and I'd rather my mirrors were on walls.

I'm struggling to work through this rotten depression and tonight I was in SimPE to see how the SIP Livingroom 6 would look with some of the pillows I chose. This one is a suede fabric...I am actually thrilled with how this one turned out.

Oh, forgot something, I did recolour the coffee and end table but I can't get it right. So the rest of that set is not getting recoloured, only the chair and the sofa.  I keep looking at this picture and I really like how the suede texture shows up so well.

SIP.jpg

It is beautiful MM, I just love the pillows and yes it looks very realistic and suede.  I'm sorry you are going through a bout of depression.  Is there anything at all I can do to help? 

Those are really nice! I wouldn't worry too much about recoloring the rest of the stuff, because as luck would have it, I found another site tonight that also had JUST done recolors of the sofa, so evidently the tables are something else to recolor!  

I'm still making them in SimPE but as soon as I have the set finished I'll upload them. The patterned sofa's all have plain pillows, and the plain sofa's all have either an embroidered or cross stitched image. Sometimes, like the picture I posted I was able to find 4 similar images to create a theme for the pillows. In one case I found 4 golden stitched owls.

I'm disappointed that the coffee and end table just wouldn't work out properly. I got either a white section on the bottom or a black section on the bottom. I just can't figure out how to get it right.

As for this depression, I'm doing my best to cope and not pushing myself too much. My Dr is monitoring me very closely so no need for anyone to worry. :icon_hug:

Rebecah, I uploaded the original creator's meshes and if you have some spare time could you tell me what the problem is with the coffee and end table? There is no hurry at all. If you can figure it out, I'll just upload mine at a later time, no big deal as far as I'm concerned. :Thank_you:

SIP Living6-Meshes.rar

Oh Rebecah, you don't have to look into that coffee and end table mesh. I got stubborn, dug my heels in and finally figured it out.

The white one is from SIP, the wood ones are my attempts as I am not a fan of distressed wood. So now I have all the chairs and sofas finished, and actually have a coffee and end table as well, I will be uploading these sometime today. It's just that right now it's 5:50am and I struggled with the end table and coffee table since 2am and I am in need of some sleep.

:ROLF: I am warning you ahead of time, there are 60 recolours of the chair and sofa. It's kinda like my clothings, too many patterns to chose only a small number of them.  :slapLaugh:

On the other hand, only one recolour of the tables as I do have my favourite wood, mahogany.

1.jpg

2.jpg