• Announcements

• Rebecah

Registration   06/19/2016

If you are unable to login to the site please re-register.  Our member table had some issues and any member who has never posted in the forums or made comments was removed. There is no reason to register if you do not intend to participate in some way.   A membership is not required to read the forums or download the files. Thank you for your patience and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone.
    • Rebecah

Themes   06/19/2016

Members you are able to set your own theme preference.  At the bottom of the page, you should find an option that says "Theme" click the down arrow and select the theme of your choice. I have found that some themes are causing problems so I have removed several of them.  If there was one you really liked please let me know.
    • gayars

Tumblr   06/29/2016

We now have a Tumblr! If you are a Tumblr user, or just like to browse Tumblr for sims info, please join us at Affinity-Sims and keep up with all the latest downloads and announcements!
    • MaAlet

Memory Book for Nonni   08/07/2016

Nonni's family has graciously asked us to participate in a memory book. They would appreciate members of the Sims Community being a part of this very special book. Those who want to participate, post your messages here and your messages will be added to Nonni's Memory Book.
    • Rebecah

Downloads   08/12/2016

Downloads are now available.  I believe I have all of the files back online.
Mission Mouse

New Year, New Stuffs

176 posts in this topic

Oh don't rush yourself. I have so much stuff to make in SimPE. I recolour something and then find something else and recolour it and build up a bunch and then go into SimPE.

I did try a couple of other deco pillows and they all seem to bleed a wee bit but that doesn't bother me as it's rather hard to see unless you go up close, very up close.  :smiley: I was always a bit wary of going that up close when one of my Sims was in bed sleeping. I didn't want him/her to open one eye and look at me...:o

3 people like this

:slapLaugh: Oh MM, you are so good at making me laugh.  I did post the set this morning...I sure hope you enjoy creating recolors for it.

4 people like this

Happy?? I think I died and went to Heaven. :Thank_you: so much for doing this.

Fun?? Oh I am going to have a blast with this!! :icon_hug:

4 people like this

And I am going to have a blast downloading your recolors ;) 

4 people like this

8 hours ago, gayars said:

And I am going to have a blast downloading your recolors ;) 

Me too!

2 people like this

Progress report...  :ROLF:  ...I have the canopy finished and am halfway through the beddings. They are taking forever to do because I am adding textures and had to decide what was going to be plain coloured and what was going to be the pattern.

I haven't started on the mat but I do have a design picked out. Also I chose 2 different deco pillows, the one from SA99 and another one-*rgdyanne* from Sim2Artists, I think.

Between getting the house ready for Michael's weekend visit and working on this I don't have much free time which is keeping me out of trouble.

I do have the linen recolours for the Ikea Sofa made in SimPE, but not the curtains yet. Hopefully tomorrow I can get them made in SimPE and get them uploaded. I still have some housework to finish and I have a Dr appointment tomorrow so it's going to be a busy day for me.

4 people like this

You be careful not to push yourself too hard MM please.

4 people like this

On 7/22/2016 at 10:53 AM, Rebecah said:

You be careful not to push yourself too hard MM please.

I agree! Enjoy the weekend!

3 people like this

Hope all is well with you and yours. You always find humor even in the most troubled times. You are an inspiration.

4 people like this

So Jake has his one dog bed under my desk....maybe not the best idea I've ever had. He likes to lay there and then once in a while he licks my toes. I can sorta handle that. It's when his fur brushes against my leg...:o seriously every single time I am convinced a spider is on me  :police: I can jump really high for an old lady.  :slapLaugh:

I have the canopy, bed frames and both sets of pillows finished. I have 20 beddings left and then I start the bed mats.

I scrapped my original design for the mats and had to start over, and then I wound up scrapping the beddings and starting over because I didn't think the detailing was showing up as clearly as I wanted it to.

4 people like this

Ah yes, I understand, those little details that drive you nuts and then you have to start ALL OVER AGAIN.

4 people like this

4 hours ago, gayars said:

Ah yes, I understand, those little details that drive you nuts and then you have to start ALL OVER AGAIN.

Oh, I do understand too!  Unfortunately!

4 people like this

I want the stuff I upload to be my absolute best. Adequate just doesn't cut it for me with the stuff I make. If it takes a little longer and a few tosses into the garbage bin, well the end product is then worth it.

4 people like this

3 hours ago, Mission Mouse said:

I want the stuff I upload to be my absolute best. Adequate just doesn't cut it for me

That's why you recolours are so perfect!

4 people like this

You know how writers get writer's block? I have recolouring block....I just can't find a design I want for the bed mats because I want to incorporate both the pattern and the plain colour I extracted from the pattern. If I can't find something I really like I may have to just use the plain colour I extracted because I don't want too much of the pattern in everything.

That's all I have left to do, is those mats.  :hmm:

3 people like this

Oh, I love the new mouse! :)  I understand completely MM!

3 people like this

14 hours ago, Mission Mouse said:

You know how writers get writer's block? I have recolouring block.

We pray that the recoloring muse will come and inspire you.

2 people like this

I am not saying all patterns are conducive to this, but can you color them in the solid color, then add the pattern (say if it were a rose?) in some design on top of the mat, say in the middle, or around the border? 

Kind of like in the picture with the D.rug.jpg

Or like this one? rug2.jpg

4 people like this

I tried that but my problem is that the pattern and the colour I extracted are too close in colour, but I think I may have come up with a solution, I am experimenting. I feel like a mad scientist. :ROLF:

3 people like this

Cool! Have fun experimenting and being a mad scientist :)

3 people like this

GRRR, I have tried 5 different designs and am not pleased with any of them. I have settled on one but I am so not thrilled with it.

I also just realized that I never did get around to uploading the second half of that Ikea Sofa-Cassandre Curtain set. So that only has the curtains to do in SimPE and that I am going to finish tomorrow and upload and then I get to do the Irish Bed, there is only 719 items to be made in SimPE.   :ROLF: I am going to try very hard to stay focused and get them made on Saturday and Sunday. Then all that is left is to take pictures, ****groans**** I really dislike that part the most of all.

3 people like this

10 hours ago, Mission Mouse said:

I am experimenting. I feel like a mad scientist. :ROLF:

:slapLaugh: I like that Thanks for the laugh!

5 people like this

719? Geee...  Meantime picture taking, not my thing either lol. I have two sets ready for upload but can't seem to get the interest up to take the pictures :D.

5 people like this