UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Sign in to follow this  
Ein85

Seriously bummed...

So I was gonna look into learning to skin. I have a lot of dresses I want to make, and I thought I could learn to mesh and all that...but then I found out that part of skinning is done in Body Shop...that's where I have my problem. My Body Shop has never worked, :( Drat!

umm why doesnt your body shop work? Is it because you have too much content? 

If you want, I can probably help you get it running. I am pretty good with computers :)

You have to use the version of Body Shop that is also the version of the game you play, just in case you didn't know that.

Like Gayars said, you could have too much content in your downloads folder that is body shop content.

Back up your downloads folder then remove ALL your CC and make a new downloads folder. Inside that folder make one called *BodyShop*

In that folder just have the mesh and one recolour by the creator, that you want to do. The less stuff you have in your downloads folder, while you are making things, the better it is.

It could also be your *cache* file. While the game is playable, the body shop can sometimes be affected by that file. Just delete it, it will rebuild when you start the game or body shop.

Sometime that file gets corrupted and you have to delete it just to get the game to work.

I don't have the *Ultimate Collection*, I still use the discs except that I have that No CD hack.  I am not sure if that makes any difference.

Beyond this, I have no clue and I would hate to think in order to get your Body Shop to work that you might have to do a complete uninstall and re-install.

Just wanted to add that the particular cache file is called the cigen cache that is created by body shop. I delete all caches every time I bring it up practically.

You can also rename your entire documents/sims 2 folder by adding backup or 1 or something after it, rerun the game, and let it generate a vanilla sims 2 folder. that one can become your creating folder, then when you want to go back to your main one, put vanilla or create or 2 or something after your new one, and then take the 1 or whatever off your main folder. I switch folders back and forth all the time. I only keep what I work with and cep basically in the creating folder.  I also have done a few other tweaks to my game in general too to make it run better. I rarely bring up body shop in my main folder. It has 12.5 gbs in its downloads lol.

Thanks guys! I never thought about doing that. I'm gonna try that tonight. I have like 10 gb of downloads, and am currently looking for more I am completely new to designing like this, I always wanted to learn it. I

Gayers, what do you do to make it run better by the by...I've gotten to the point where it takes a good bit of timeto load, and then it'll sometimes crash.