UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Ein85

Almost time

In April it will have been a year since my mom died. I'm trying not to think about it, but my mind keeps bringing me back to it. At the same time I feel like I'm stuck on this conveyer belt taking me someplace I don't want to go. I also feel like everyone expects me to be better, like on April the 10th people are expecting me to jump up and go,"Whew well that was rough, glad it's over now! Tra la la!" I'm scared because I know I'm not going to be "better". It still hurts so very much, and I still cry about it at least once a day. I don't know, may I'm just over thinking things. I just wish she was still here.

When my mom died I did not want to live on earth without her. There is no way I will ever get over the loss of my mother. It has been 10 years.

Sweetie, I believe that it is perfectly natural and healthy to grieve for your mother.

Grief is different for everyone and we all handle it differently. Some seem to get over stuff quickly while others take longer. There is no  such thing as a time limit on grief. You handle what you can when you can. As the anniversary date draws closer, many people will feel the grief more intensely, not less.

Don't let others make you feel guilty for what they think you should be feeling. You are uniquely you as are your feelings. Unless you think your feelings are getting in the way of living your life, in which case I advise you to seek help, just go with the flow and pray for guidance.

I can't think of much else in the way of words to comfort you as I did not have a mother-daughter relationship and I don't know what it feels like to lose a loving mother.

Just know that you are in all of our prayers and everyone cares for you.

me right now i am griving the passing of my grandmother saturday was her service but even do she watching over me from heaven it do not change the fact that i will always miss her even do she is very close to my heart and in spirit

Thank you everyone. I don't think my grief is getting the way. I get up, I do things, I don't really have a lot of the get up and go like I did. I just feel older, like her death aged me, and somedays it is hard for me to get up, but I do. I'm working. I mean I cling more to my dad, but yeah, I son't think it's a bad thing...heck it gave us our band, lol.

My mother died 5 years ago and just today I said how much I miss my mother and grandmother both. (((HUGS))) grief is a hard thing. People often need other people more further on in the grieving process. Often it seems about the time you need people more and about the time you reach the stage of grief that you want to talk about it etc. is about the time everybody thinks you need to be getting over it. A year isn't that long in the grand scheme of things.

It does seem as though when you need people to be there once the loss really settles in, that they have moved on and don't seem to really understand why they think you are stuck. Sometimes too, people just don't know what to say or talking about the loss makes them uncomfortable as it makes them think about their own mortality.

If there is someone who you are quite close to, just tell them you need to talk about it. A true friend will always listen no matter what.

You can also just have a chat with God....I do that all the time. It's not me praying, it's me actually chatting with Him.

There will always be times when it's very painful, but the older I get, the more I realize that I am much closer to seeing my loved ones in heaven someday...and knowing they are not sad themselves is a comfort to me.