UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
gayars

Good news and bad news

Well the good news is that my new computer is seriously awesome! The bad news? Evidently my hard drive on my old computer was more damaged from all of the hullabaloo at the last there than I realized. I have determined I am going to have to start over on a lot of my stuff. I do have a relatively recent copy of my downloads folder, but a lot of the peripheral stuff is GONE.  I have a back up of most of my projects as well. However, my corel special brushes, patterns etc. are history. SOB SOB SOB.  The good news is I have a relatively recent back up of my  neighborhood as well. But a lot of the stuff that was already difficult to find, is seriously going to be hard to replace. I do have one final abysmal hope. I ordered a case to convert my internal drive to an external usb one so that maybe it won't freeze up my new computer so bad trying to get it all off! 

At least not everything is lost. I also had the problem of waiting on my new operating system to arrive as well. I had ordered windows 8.1 and had to wait til it arrived today. I was hoping it would help me get my stuff off, since neither 7 or 10 would let me. (couldn't stand 10 btw!)  So here I have had my new computer but couldn't put anything on it for long term til 8.1 arrived, which was today.

I suspect the solid state drive isn't going to last long lol.  At least I have a 2 tb hard drive as a back up ;)

I hope to be creating again very quickly, as I have missed it sooo much! Meantime I have an awesome idea for a new toddler outfit already!

So glad your new computer is awesome! You have sympathy for the loss of all your other stuff  :1hug:  I know have that feel! I really hope you'll get most and the best back again.

Looking forward to see your new toddler outfit!  :366915:

One problem. Clothes look terrible in bodyshop! Not just my stuff, everybody's stuff, maxis included. Too detailed lol. Hoping I get used to it soon! Every minor blemish shows up in a major league way. Meantime, found the pattern for little toddler outfit, found the mesh, but now I can't find the website I originally got the outfit from as I don't remember name of it argh! It was a Russian site with some great women's and kids stuff and the creator is MJ according to the tooltip. Any idea what site that is?

Update: found it! I had posted it on the EA forum a long time ago, and I knew when I had downloaded it, so went looking for my old posts there til I located it. It is Sims2city.  URG actually braved the forum again in a search lol.  I used to be really regular there until the war over Sims 4 got too bad.

So happy that you have a new computer. I know the agony of losing hard to find content. I also back up my game and DL folder. I make up copies that I store on a flash drive, I keep copies on my box account and I save copies of things that I download on my one drive cloud storage too.

I guess I ought to be grateful at least some of it was backed up. However, we now have an external hard drive for that purpose. I plan on never going through this much loss again!  I had some on onedrive and dropbox, but I swear some of it that was supposed to be on there wasn't. I don't know if we didn't back it up, or if one drive cut us off when we hit our limit and I didn't realize we were at our limit. Or if it is on a flashdrive somewhere we missed when we went through them (ALWAYS a possibility in this house!).

We are in a 'win - win' situation for we benefit also with your great new uploads. :366915:

Well thank you :)  I finished that restaurant, but I am just not quite happy with it, which means it will stew for a bit and then I will go back to it in a moment of inspiration and finish it some day soon after more research.  I also have been testing the toddler outfits I was in the middle of making when the old one died (THOSE were backed up! Thank goodness!) My usual tester has been out sick however, so I am moving slower than usual. The good news is she already tested these. The bad news? I had all the "approved" versions in a folder on my desktop waiting for me to finish so I could upload them, so I am having to refigure out which versions it was that were approved to begin with!  I need to take better pictures of my silver gray furniture and upload that one too.  I was thinking about making a custom content free gas station to upload as I can't find my old standby to redownload that I always use.  It would also be a convenience store. I actually don't use it that much in game, but it seems to "complete" my towns.  Any other suggestions on anything you might like please make them, as sometimes I do better with inspiration and suggestions :)