UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
gayars

An interesting night

About 11:30 last night while my husband was outside talking to our next door neighbor, our neighbor's dog from down the street, Molly, came for a visit (not too unusual an occurrence). Well she is an indoor dog who likes to dart out fairly regularly so although it was late at night, I called him. He said just put her back out and she would find her way back home. So we did. About 12:30 I went to bed, and left my husband snoozing in front of the TV. He woke up sometime later, and discovered Molly was out on our porch, and she darted in and he put her back out and came to bed and told me about it. Our dogs had been going nuts off and on so we knew she was still out there. I don't know if she had tried to go home and her daddy, who obviously was in bed when I called, wouldnt wake up when she knocked at the door and she came back or if she just stayed at our house to begin with. Anyway, we tried to sleep but our dogs kept barking and I told my husband that she must still be here. Then she knocked. At 4:30 in the morning. So my husband is back sleeping in the den, I have the chihuahuas in bed with me, and Molly is supposedly sleeping with my daughter in between chasing our poor cats. (She is a beagle BTW)

I pray this isn't a regular o

I also had an interesting night.

Mom feeds several stray cats in the neighborhood. So they naturally hang around waiting for the dole.

Dads dog, a Springer Spaniel with a baritone voice, objects to this.

So at 4:15 the dog informed the entire household that there are cats in town.

( I don't condone animal cruelty, but I understand it :grin: )

I am looking forward to more postings in this thread about our canine 'friends'.

I am looking forward to more postings in this thread about our canine 'friends'.

:grin: Nonni, don't get me started; you'll regret is LOL

We got a big dump of snow yesterday. Jake went bananas. I couldn't go to the birthday party because my balance is really off these days, so I pretty much spent all afternoon letting Jake in and out so he could play in the snow. It was a heavy snowfall at times and he resembled the abdominal snowman a few times. He also felt it was necessary to bring a goodly amount of snow indoors which unfortunately melted. That naturally made it necessary to go back outside to get more snow.  :1doh1:

When the warmer weather finally gets here we will be oh so fortunate to hear the feral male cats singing their hearts out to the feral females. It's like listening to the Boston Symphony, only it's terribly out of tune.

Jake, like me has a rather large distaste for the serenades and barks at them to be quiet. I wind up having to get out of my comfy spot to close the windows and then when I go to get back into bed, Jake has stolen MY spot.  :1doh1:

On the bright side, just think of how boring our lives would be without our furbabies.  :grin:

OK, I want someone to tell me what in the world is going on.....the last 2 nights when we go to bed, Jake sits at the bottom of the steps and cries. One of us goes down, picks him up and then carries him to bed. Throughout the day he runs up and down the stairs all by himself, but now at bedtime he wants to be carried.... :1doh1:

Seriously, what is going on with this?

Could be he is spoiled also could it be arthritis that makes it so that at night he hurts? Could be a leaveover from when you were sick too.

Could be a leaveover from when you were sick too.

Sounds possible to me.