UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Mission Mouse

Finally-Got our new Fridge

Finally, the new fridge was delivered on Friday. What just amazed me was that I picked the fridge from a picture and it is a Fridgedaire Gallery and it just so happens that our stove is also a Fridgedaire Gallery. I honestly didn't even know that. The stove is stainless steel and black. The fridge is entirely black and I LOVE it!! There is way more room than the old one and now we have food in the fridge! It was brutal going without a fridge for 2 weeks. We had to throw out everything that was in the old fridge and then Dave had to go and get everything new at the grocery store. I keep my fruit in the fridge and it was terrible to not be able to eat fruit for 2 weeks. I also really missed my drinkable yogurts. I even have my insulin back from the drug store. They were kind enough to take in what I had and just store it for me.

All Jake really knows is that he gets his wieners again. Two weeks and no wiener treats made him a tad bit sad.

The other good news, Dave and his friend installed the new side screen door.

When the new side door was installed they removed the screen door and got rid of it. I was really uncomfortable without a screen door. When Dave isn't home, we have this latch that we can lock on the front screen door so I could answer the front door and still feel relatively safe. Opening the side door made me very nervous, there was nothing between me and the great outdoors.

Jake kept a very close eye on the installation process, I kinda wanted to get him a white hardhat. :ROLF: Yep, Supervisor Jake totally on the job!   :slapLaugh: 

Good grief, the fridge has an alarm that goes off if it is left open, kind of annoying when I was putting the groceries away. All the stuff that goes in the fridge took me a while to get it organized and then this beeping starts.... :shocked:

The shelves on the door are twice as wide as I am used to and there are LED lights in 3 places in the fridge and also in the freezer compartment.

Dave got rid of our small freezer that was in the basement so now there is only the mid size freezer down there and Dave uses that one for himself for what he takes with him in his truck.

This has been a great weekend, new fridge, new screen door.....but Dave has to go to work after lunch today. :( We came so close to having 3 days together. The weather here has been beautiful so we had Jake out in the back yard and we ran him ragged. He went to bed with Dave at 11pm, it's now 9AM and Jake has still not budged. The cats are celebrating. :slapLaugh:

OH MY! an alarm?! Wonder if there is a way to turn it off? Sounds as annoying as when I found out a few years ago our  new washing machine's lid locked down so you couldn't add stuff to the load (soap, clothes, etc.) after it had started without stopping the whole thing. 

NIce on the days together. ROFL Jake got all tired so the cats are having a party!  :cheesy:

I am celebrating.   :smiley_happy107:  :366915:  :icon_hug:  My heart is full of rejoicing (and...I admit that my head :laugh1:  maybe a tiny bit Envious).

We had a fridge like that at work. It was really very annoying, especially when I was cleaning it (always my work, because no one else cared) and had to have the door open for a long while. It is nice though to have a new fridge.

This is so silly but I am like a kid in a candy store, I keep going into the kitchen, opening the fridge and just looking. :ROLF:  I don't want anything, I just like looking at it. :slapLaugh:

Jake wants me to move his wieners from the top shelf to one he can reach. Silly Jake, that's never gonna happen.    :ROLF:

This is so silly but I am like a kid in a candy store, I keep going into the kitchen, opening the fridge and just looking. :ROLF:  I don't want anything, I just like looking at it. :slapLaugh:

Jake wants me to move his wieners from the top shelf to one he can reach. Silly Jake, that's never gonna happen.    :ROLF:

Ooo - I can totally relate!

There must be something about this new fridge, Jake will actually go and sit in front of it and whine for a wiener. He never did that with the old one. He also gets a denta bone every night at 9:45. If he doesn't get it on time he will sit in front of the cupboard where they are and cry.

He's always so happy to get his denta-bone that as soon as he is finished he comes over to me, begs to be picked up and then lets out the loudest burp as I pet him. He seems to think this is an accepted way to thank me for the treat.  :1doh1:  I'd actually prefer a wee kiss.  :slapLaugh: 

I got so used to not having a freezer section in the old fridge that I just never used the freezer section in the new one. I mean, there is food in it, but I'd never gone into it at night. So last night I went to get some ice, since we now have ice cube trays and there are lights in the freezer section.

So do all fridges have lights in the freezer section now? I know this is a weird question but I don't remember them having lights in that section.

Is it a side by side?  Those do usually have lights in the freezer.

No it's not a side by side, that's why I was wondering if it's now how they make fridge freezers. It was just kinda freaky opening the door and the lights were there. I wasn't expecting that.

Well, that is a new one on me then, MM.  It would be nice to have, though. :)

This one has 2 lights in the freezer section and 3 lights in the fridge section. Maybe that's why Jake can see where the wieners are...since the old fridge was just a fridge without the freezer part, the top shelf was a lot higher.

Wow, I would so like a fridge with so many lights! Mine only has one in the top part and none in the small deep freezer part.